We’re looking for a dynamic and professional individual to join NPT LLP Chartered Accountants as a Staff Accountant on the tax team in London, Ontario, Canada. At NPT you'll enhance your capabilities in a team environment, helping our clients grow and succeed. Our expectations are high and we provide the opportunity and support to let you learn, grow and prove yourself as a professional.
NPT is a professional accounting and advisory firm dedicated to the continued success of our clients. Our partners and full complement of professional staff have a simple philosophy: Clients first!
As one of the largest regional public accounting firms in London and Southwestern Ontario, we ensure that you have an opportunity to work on various engagements in a wide variety of industries.
- 2-3 years of experience in public practice or related field of accounting is an asset
- 2-3 years of computerized accounting experience
- CPA (CA or CGA) designation or in final stage of completing qualifications for designation
- Experience in tax is an asset
- Experience in US tax is an asset
- Enrolled in or interested in enrolling in the CICA In-Depth Tax Course
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and good working knowledge of CaseWare, Taxprep and similar accounting software is an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Work full time with the tax team
- Prepare personal, trust, payroll, and corporate tax returns
- Assist with return adjustments, assessments and projections
- Assist with tax strategy implementation
- Develop positive working relationships with clients and staff
- Participate in pre and post engagement discussions
- Work within time budgets, monitor progress to budget and meet deadlines
- Report progress of engagement to manager and partner
- Assist with tax season coordination
- This is a permanent full time position starting as soon as possible
- Benefits and health care spending account are provided
- Office hours: September – February 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, March – April 8:30 am – 5:30 pm and July – August 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Additional overtime will be required from February to May
- Member of PKF North America – Get the resources and contacts of a large firm but the variety of work and experiences of a smaller firm
- We try to “add value and find balance” in everything we do!
Interested? Email us your cover letter and resume.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit www.nptca.com and LinkedIn for more job postings and to learn more.