We’re looking for a dynamic and professional individual to join NPT LLP Chartered Accountants as a Staff Accountant in London, Ontario, Canada. At NPT you'll enhance your capabilities in a team environment, helping our clients grow and succeed. Our goals and expectations are high and we provide the opportunity and support to let you learn, grow and prove yourself as a professional.
NPT is a professional accounting and advisory firm dedicated to the continued success of our clients. Our partners and full complement of professional staff have a simple philosophy: Clients first!
NPT is a full service professional accounting practice that’s registered with the Canadian Public Accountability Board (CPAB) for public clients. As an independent firm, we provide personalized service to our clients in many specialized areas of business, primarily servicing London and Southwestern Ontario primarily between Windsor and Toronto. We’re continually investing in our business by developing niche areas of practice. We have a wealth management division, a strong leadership position in the medical and professional area, and perform audits for public, owner managed and not-for-profit clients while maintaining a focus on traditional accounting and taxation services of a public practice.
NPT is a proud member of PKF North America. This association of independent accounting firms across Canada and the United States enables us to offer our clients access to a global knowledge base and shared resources for their individual needs. The wide-ranging expertise demonstrated by members of PKF North America allows us to provide timely advice and services to our clients while supporting the professional development of our team.
As one of the largest regional public accounting firms in London and Southwestern Ontario we ensure that you have an opportunity to work on various engagements in a wide variety of industries. NPT is designated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario to train CA students. As an employee at NPT, we provide you with the necessary training to help make you successful and confident in your exams. Your mentor will to assist you with studying and we’ll cover the cost of external preparation courses.
As a member of the NPT team you will be responsible for preparing financial statements, working papers and tax returns for audit, review and compilation engagements.
We’re looking for someone with following attributes
- Forth year student graduating in 2014 with a Bachelor of Commerce or other degree, along with completion of the CA School of Business pre-requisite courses for entrance into the Chartered Accountant (CA) program
- Intention to obtain a CA designation
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
What you need to know
- This is a permanent full time position starting in September 2014 – No summer positions or co-op terms
- Benefits and health care spending account provided
- Office hours: September – February 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, March – April 8:30 am – 5:30 pm and July – August 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Additional overtime may be required from February to May
- We try to “add value and find balance” in everything we do!
Interested? Email your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript (for all your post secondary education) by September 24 at 5:00 pm.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit www.nptca.com and LinkedIn for more job postings and to learn more.