We’re looking for a dynamic and professional individual to join NPT LLP Chartered Accountants as a Senior Staff Accountant on the Audit and Assurance team in London, Ontario, Canada. At NPT you'll enhance your capabilities in a team environment, helping our clients grow and succeed. Our goals and expectations are high and we provide the opportunity and support to let you learn, grow and prove yourself as a professional.
NPT is a professional accounting and advisory firm dedicated to the continued success of our clients. Our partners and full complement of professional staff have a simple philosophy: Clients first!
As one of the largest regional public accounting firms in London and Southwestern Ontario, we ensure that you have an opportunity to work on various engagements in a wide variety of industries.
- 3-5 years of experience in public practice or related field of accounting
- 3-5 years of computerized accounting experience
- CPA (CA or CGA) designation or in final stage of completing qualifications for designation
- Experience in audit and assurance
- Ability to supervise, train and evaluate junior staff members
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and good working knowledge of CaseWare or similar accounting software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Prepare audit and review engagement files, financial statements and personal and corporate tax returns
- Identify issues and potential solutions and make recommendations for the best solution
- Develop positive working relationships with clients and staff
- Delegate, review and supervise junior accounting staff
- Participate in pre and post engagement discussions
- Work within time budgets, monitor progress to budget and meet deadlines
- Report progress of engagement to manager and partner
- Other duties as assigned
- This is a permanent full time position starting as soon as possible
- Benefits and health care spending account are provided
- Office hours: September – February 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, March – April 8:30 am – 5:30 pm and July – August 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Additional overtime may be required from February to May
- Member of PKF North America – Get the resources and contacts of a large firm but the variety of work and experiences of a smaller firm
- We try to “add value and find balance” in everything we do!
Interested? Email your cover letter and resume and include “Senior Staff Accountant, Audit and Assurance – Your First and Last Name” in the subject line. Candidates will be considered as applications are received and the posting will remain open until a candidate is identified. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please and thank you.
Visit www.nptca.com and LinkedIn for more job postings and to learn more.
NPT LLP is a professional accounting and advisory firm in London, Ontario, dedicated to the enhancement of the success of our clients. Our...