- To provide support services to individuals and families in the home within the framework of NOVA Montréal philosophy, policies, procedures and standards;
- To provide personal care services that would normally be assured by a family member if one were available and capable;
- To collaborate with members of the health care team and NOVA Montréal team in meeting the needs of individuals and families and helping them to attain an optimal level of independence and well-being.
- Observes the individual’s/family’s home and personal situation on an on-going basis to determine any need for change in care or service;
- Contributes to the changes in the initial in-home respite care plan, received from the Program Manager where applicable, without making changes to the care plan unless negotiated with the Program Manager for safety, liability and financial reasons;
- Performs personal support tasks reflecting the needs of the individual/family;
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication with clients and fellow team members.
- ability to communicate verbally in both French and English
- certificate in Home Care Aide, PAB or nursing assistant
- first aid and CPR an asset
- experience working with the elderly, ill individuals or children
- ability to work independently
- ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
Indeed - 10 months ago