Are you a team player?
Are you interested in working for a company that is driving towards excellent culture?
Do you have a can do attitude?
We are based in Surrey, BC and looking for a QC Analyst in GMP manufacturing that can thrive in an extremely fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
Our customer base is extremely wide ranging and we need an experienced QC Analyst for a 13-month contract position covering a maternity leave. You should be equally comfortably serving both the quality needs of large international brand name companies and understanding the needs of small entrepreneurial customers with the GMP requirements of technical products.
Our Sales, Technical, Quality and Operations departments work extremely close to develop and manufacture claims based (DIN and NHP) and non-claims based cosmaceuticals (sunscreen, acne products, lipbalm, moisturizer, soap, etc). If you are interested in developing your career and like to tackle issues in a variety of areas this position is for you.
- Working in a very fast paced environment performing full analytical and other required testing on all bulk and finished products along with stability and product development samples.
- The position relies heavily on a comprehensive knowledge of laboratory procedures conducting HPLC, GC, FTIR and UV/VIS analyses on all required product samples as per established SOP’s, analytical methods, approved industry practices or USP/other Pharmacopeial procedures.
- Testing is required to be performed and documented accurately in accordance with established regulatory, compliance and safety requirements as per GMP.
- Performing troubleshooting on complex issues with respect to laboratory analysis and laboratory instrumentation helping develop, improve and validate laboratory test methods.
- Following applicable procedures to calibrate and qualify laboratory instruments.
- Coordinate and evaluate required analyses by outside labs and document results.
- Maintain laboratory supplies and reagents and provide requisition information.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on regulatory guidelines related to laboratory functions.
- University degree in chemistry or equivalent
- Minimum two years of analytical testing experience in the pharmaceutical or personal care industry
- Thorough understanding of analytical chemistry and chemical instrumentation, particularly HPLC, GC, UV/VIS, FTIR and various other pharmaceutical laboratory instruments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Excellent organizational and computer skills are assets
- Ability to work independently
- Strong team player
- Attention to detail, critical/analytical thinking, problem solving and mathematical/statistical skills