This position is responsible for providing executive support to the Chief Executive Officer at the North West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
1. Supports the CEO in the management of the LHIN operations.
2. Coordinates all administrative functions for the Office of the CEO, including the establishment of internal protocols, tracking systems and administrative policies and procedures for the office.
3. Provides guidance and direction to other LHIN administrative staff.
4. Establishes / maintains effective working relationships with members of the LHIN team, Board of Directors, government officials, stakeholders, etc.
5. Reviews incoming materials to determine their disposition and initiate action required; follows up to resolve problems and ensure appropriate completion. Updates and advises the CEO on progress, problems and issues and recommends action.
6. Coordinates critical issues management and ensures the CEO is properly briefed on all significant matters arising within the LHIN. Deals with callers and visitors on high-level and contentious matters on behalf of the CEO.
7. Researches / prepares / coordinates responses to a wide range of complex issues (e.g., briefing notes, news, releases, and stakeholder complaints).
8. Represents the LHIN by attending meetings and participates on corporate committees, internal planning groups, task forces and working groups on behalf of the CEO.
9. Initiates, plans and carries out a variety of special projects on behalf of the CEO.
10. All other duties as required.
-Post-secondary education/training in a business or related health discipline.
-3-5 years experience in a supportive role with senior executives.
-Previous experience in a management or professional role working with executives at a senior level.
-Proven ability to respond to a wide variety of issues and deal with unclear situations and conflicting demands.
-Excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required. Adept at balancing major concurrent tasks and projects.
-Good understanding of LHIN strategic objectives and priorities, and issues involved with ongoing operation.
-Excellent ability to see the big picture, anticipate problems, organize, readjust and coordinate appropriate responses.
-Superior interpersonal, oral communication and relationship management skills.
-Excellent writing skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise but comprehensive written reports.
-Knowledge of significant provincial health-care priorities, initiative, and issues.
-Knowledge of cyclical planning, review and reporting requirements.
-Proficiency with PC-based hardware/software (MS Office) and inter/intranets.
-French Language skills an asset.
For more information on the North West LHIN and for full details on this position, please visit our website at www.northwestlhin.on.ca. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter by December 7, 2012.