1 full-time permanent position
This position reports directly to the Director of Communications & Community Engagement and is responsible for:
- incorporating new media as an effective and integrated communication tool to support the achievement of LHIN strategic directions, goals and objectives; and
- managing the organization’s intra- and internets (collaborative spaces and public website).
The incumbent will develop and implement an effective new media plan that maximizes new digital media opportunities to communicate and engage across the North West LHIN.
The incumbent will develop and implement social networking, Web 2.0 and online community tools, techniques and strategies to engage our stakeholders.
The incumbent will be responsible for the organization’s website, including ongoing maintenance, posting of all materials, and review of all content for currency, accuracy, organization.
The incumbent will also be responsible to remain current and up-to-date in the application and implementation of new technology and business applications.
1.Research social media policies and guidelines to establish need and framework for the North West LHIN.
2. Help to create, implement, manage and monitor new media strategy.
3. Help to develop and launch creative strategies and tactics to communicate with internal and external audiences using tools such as Facebook™, Twitter™, Linked In™, YouTube™ and Flickr ™, etc.
4. Seek out and maximize new digital media opportunities, including podcasts, videocasts, videos, video blogs, etc.
5. Ensure that online communications channels are engaging, current, interactive and consistent.
6. Support the Communications & Community Engagement Consultants as required.
7. Ensure that all communication is compliant with the Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) as it relates to North West LHIN operations.
8. All other duties as assigned.
9. Oversee the redesign/refresh and ongoing maintenance of the organization’s intra- and internets.
10. Develop and produce innovative web content, including editorial content and graphic design elements that may be used on the internet and/or social media outlets.
11. Create promotional videos for North West LHIN by taking photographs and videos at events, inclusive of setting up photo and video shoots to build stock footage for Communications Department.
12. Identify web communications opportunities and develop appropriate strategies to reach targeted audiences.
13. Write, proofread and edit text for website.
14. Work with web developers to assess and meet any technical challenges in displaying content.
15. Support the Communications & Community Engagement Consultants as required.
16. All other duties as assigned.
Post-secondary education in Multimedia, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts, or Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related discipline, or equivalent academic plus professional experience.
Minimum three to five years of previous digital/online media experience, communications, public relations or marketing experience, preferably with the health sector; or the equivalent combination of education, experience and professional accreditation as required by the North West LHIN.
Key Competencies (new media, website):
Strong experience and track record for developing and successfully implementing social media strategy in a professional environment
Experience with digital and emerging media (social networks, blogs, mobile, etc.)
Demonstrated experience/expertise writing/editing web content, and with graphic or web design
High level proficiency with web development tools and technology
Experience taking photos and video (with high sound quality), and experience with photo and video editing
Thorough knowledge of current trends in writing, graphic arts, photographic arts, and display/exhibit development and electronic communications
Able to bridge the gap between traditional media and new digital media and between emerging technologies and consumer behaviours
Cross-functional Communications Competencies:
Excellent verbal, written and editing communication skills.
Outcome-driven, detail-oriented, analytical.
Ability to work well independently and collaboratively, in a high-performance team environment under extreme deadline pressure.
Proactive and flexible, able to adapt to rapid change environment.
Excellent time management skills, able to meet strict deadlines.
Experience handling large-scale projects, highly organized and able to multi-task.
Proven ability to implement communication plans at a tactical level.
Ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships and linkages.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with highly sensitive issues with tact and discretion.
Demonstrated ability to plan and write a broad range of exceptional copy in a variety of media.
Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and resolve conflicts.
Excellent ability to see the big picture, anticipate problems, organize and coordinate appropriate responses
Creative and innovative with high energy and enthusiasm for advanced social technologies.
French language skills an asset.
For more information on the North West LHIN and for full details on this position, please visit our website at www.northwestlhin.on.ca. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter by February 28, 2013.