This position reports directly to the Corporate Services Manager/Controller and is responsible for coordinating internal financial management processes, evaluating transfer payment agency performance in accordance with performance/accountability agreements and Ministry defined goals, as well as providing IT support.
1. Monitors allocations for Health Service Providers (HPSs) including tracking of available funds, outstanding allocations, commitments and surpluses. Reconciles Ministry LHIN Accountability Agreement allocations to LHIN commitments. Analyses information and provides recommendations with respect to resource allocation decisions.
2. Leads the procurement process and contract management for goods and services by providing expert advice and coordinating all Request for Services, and Request for Proposal competitions. Prepares business cases and monitors contract expenditures. Writes and posts procurement documents (RFS,. RFP) and oversees process for evaluating responses. Prepares agreements once vendor has been selected. Keeps abreast of government procurement rules and best practices and maintains procurement records.
3. Monitors and evaluates performance of HSPs from multiple perspectives, including financial management and service quality, by conducting a review of reports and budget submissions using appropriate methods and tools.
4. Oversees the tracking and response process for proposal submissions from HSPs, as well as coordinates a regular review of proposals against the LHIN priority setting and decision making framework. Prioritizes requests and makes recommendations regarding appropriateness for funding.
5. Monitors sub ledgers, accounts payables, prepares monthly bank reconciliations and financial statements, prepares lead sheets for the audited financial statements, assists in the preparation of internal budgets and provides other analysis as required.
6. Resolves issues with Vendors, improves internal processes, recommends areas of financial savings and works with the Controller to update financial policies.
7. Responsible for working with external vendors/parties to ensure project deliverables, communications, invoicing and contract management is completed effectively/efficiently.
8. Communicates with the CEO and or Directors to resolve reporting issues as they arise.
9. Provides IT support including email, software, hardware and network issues. Works with IT partners to resolve technical issues and ensure effective operations.
10. Coordinates the annual computer hardware refresh, maintains the fixed asset and computer software schedule and assists with other office equipment requirements.
11. Other duties as assigned
-Post-secondary degree in business administration, finance, health administration or relevant field or equivalent experience. Appropriate accreditation (CA, CMA, CGA, etc.) is an asset.
-Experience performing financial analyses and critical evaluations of complex financial programs.
-Demonstrated experience in procurement and contract management.
-Familiarity with the Management Board of Cabinet Procurement Policy Framework.
-In-depth understanding of the Ontario health-care system, its stakeholders, programs and issues.
-Experience in risk management and demonstrated capacity to identify and respond quickly to emerging issues and priorities.
-Knowledge of performance management and evaluation techniques in one or more health sectors related to financial, administrative, and service performance.
-Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and maintain strategic relations with diverse service providers.
-Experience in IT software, hardware, and network issues.
-Expertise in Microsoft Office software.
-Experience working with Aboriginal communities and service providers is an asset.
-French language skills an asset.
For more information on the North West LHIN and for full details on this position, please visit our website at www.northwestlhin.on.ca. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter by February 13, 2013.