This position is responsible for providing administrative support to Senior Directors/Directors as well as, from time to time, the CEO and other areas in the LHIN.
1. Performs a wide variety of secretarial and administrative duties as required by the Senior Directors/Directors as well as, from time to time, the CEO and other areas in the LHIN.
2. Manages office logistics for meetings, including invitations, minute-taking, location set up, catering requirements or teleconference support.
3. Prepares draft reports and documents.
4. Researches and analyses routine administrative projects; prepares first draft reports on routine administrative matters.
5. Receives and distributes incoming mail; receives and evaluates mail to identify those items requiring priority attention of the supervisor and/or manager.
6. Receives and screens communications to the Senior Directors/Directors as well as, from time to time, the CEO including telephone calls and e-mail messages and provides assistance using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention; prioritizes and facilitates communication throughout the office.
7. Independently responds to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature.
8. Initiates, plans and carries out a variety of special projects on behalf of the Senior Directors/Directors, as well as, from time to time, the CEO.
9. Makes travel arrangements for the Senior Directors/Directors as well as, from time to time, the CEO as required; maintains appointment schedules and calendars; arranges meetings and conferences.
10. Other duties as assigned.
-College diploma or equivalent work experience.
-Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in an office environment in an administrative role.
-Proficiency with PC-based hardware/software (Microsoft Suite) and inter / intranets.
-Ability to perform complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment.
-Ability to analyze and resolve office administrative and procedural problems, interpret policies and procedures.
-Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to effectively communicate with all staff at all levels, including the general public.
-Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple, often conflicting demands.
-Ability to work within a fast paced environment with constant changes.
-French Language skills an asset.
For more information on the North West LHIN and for full details on this position, please visit our website at www.northwestlhin.on.ca. Please submit your resume and cover letter by November 3, 2013.