NORAC Systems International Inc. is a Saskatoon-based manufacturer with a proven record in international markets; specializing in design, development, production and marketing of control systems for the Agriculture Industry.
A challenging opportunity exists for a motivated individual to assume the term-position of:
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable (AP/AR) Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting and administrating non-payroll accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit and debit balances, and resolving account irregularities. Other responsibilities include producing monthly accounting reports, providing assistance with annual audit working papers, updating the internal database and other administrative duties related to accounting and finance.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Match, code and process AP invoices and expense reports.
- Reconcile supplier statements of account to ERP system balance and follow-up on any discrepancies.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of payments to individuals, suppliers, corporations and other entities.
- Reconcile general ledgers.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and vouchering.
- Process deposits; post and reconcile customer payments.
- Reconcile billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Investigate collection problems and make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts; escalate transfer to outside collection agency as necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 diploma required. Some post-secondary education is considered an asset, but is not required.
- Relevant work experience is considered an asset, but is not required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and team work orientation.
- Professional, responsive and positive work attitude.
- Resourceful, well organized and flexible.
This is a temporary position with an open term, lasting anywhere from a minimum of 6 months up to 12 months. For the right candidate, the opportunity for permanent employment may arise after the end of the term.
To apply for this position please submit your resume, together with a cover letter to:
Fax: (306) 664-6667
No phone calls please.