Technical Analyst II
Network Innovations, Calgary, Alberta
Incorporated in 1988, Network Innovations (NI) has grown consistently and profitably through a team of over 200 personnel with offices across the globe, and a diverse customer base in almost every industry and in almost every country.
- To Technically Support our Satellite Communications Customers by taking direct ownership of each technical problem, inquiry or concern, taking them from start to completion.
- To take ownership of every case and to use the Company's resources and to interact with other team members until a satisfactory resolution is found.
- To provide our Customers with friendly, professional and respectful service.
- To attend work during regular business hours and to be available on Call on a rotational basis.
- To self-train on certain products or services, document cases, write troubleshooting trees, and to prepare certain reports.
- To perform, as required, non-advanced routine tasks, such as: configuring, commissioning, upgrading, testing or repairing satellite equipment.
- To take with interest and dynamism other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Sharp English fluency and strong phone support skills are mandatory for this position.
- Ability to technically assist a wide range of Clients: from very advanced users to clients unfamiliar with telecommunications equipment.
- A background in Satellite Telecommunications is a Very Strong Asset
- A background in Telecommunications is a Strong Asset
- Networking Skills comparable to CCNA level are an Asset
- Familiarity with VHF / UHF radio equipment is an Asset
- An educational level of Technologist (2 - 5 years of experience preferred) or Engineer (0 to 2 years of experience)
- Previous experience with Electronics design or service is an Asset
- A self-starter and self-learner
- Canadian residency, work permit, or citizenship.
- Ability to obtain a U.S., Canadian, or European passport for occasional International Travel.
- Able to attend during business hours (from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM) and to be available “on call” for up to 50% of the time (according to a schedule shared with coworkers), and do some work after hours from home, as required.
- A driver's license and access to a vehicle.
- A home Internet connection.
Network Innovations corporate headquarters are located in Calgary with branch offices and business units in Pompano Beach, Chicago, Rochester, Vancouver, London, Germany, The Netherlands, Kabul and Kandahar. The Network Innovations Group of Companies includes NI Satellite Inc., NI Government Services, GMPCS, Aurora, NIC4 and 2connect-IT.
Indeed - 19 months ago