Jr. AV Integration Engineer
NGX Interactive is looking for an Audio Visual (AV) Integration Engineer to join our growing company. We are located in Vancouver's historic Gastown and have been creating interactive experiences for over 12 years. Be a part of a team where everyone contributes and everyone truly matters!
At NGX Interactive, we create digital interactive storytelling experiences for museums, discovery centers, airports, exhibitions and other community-based cultural and educational venues. Our main goal is to create interactive pieces that engage, excite and inspire the users. NGX Interactive knows that our clients must put theirs visitors at the heart of the experience to truly make it memorable. Using cutting-edge hardware, intuitive software, compelling digital content, and inspiring design NGX Interactive helps its clients to build the connections which foster meaningful visitor relationships.
Our work includes the conceptualization, planning, management, design, development and maintenance of custom digital interactive exhibits and solutions. These integrated solutions include the selection and customization of hardware as well as the design and development of the software and media assets that run in it.
The AV Interaction Engineer is a junior role within the Technical Department at NGX Interactive. He/she will report directly to the Technical Director. Note that this position will require some travel.
So explore. Be curious. We'd love to hear from you!
The selected candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Perform technical functions in support of NGX engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, selection, calibration and troubleshooting of hardware components and systems, experimental design circuitry, and prototype models
2. Work with team or independently in deploying NGX digital interactive systems solutions for both in-house and on-site development and testing including installing and configuring Windows OS, building of equipment racks, wiring of systems, designing and setting up testing configurations, performing system backups, troubleshooting installations, and writing documentation
3. Support the selection and procurement of NGX digital interactive hardware and systems solutions based on systems specifications and requirements, schematic layouts and diagrams
4. Conduct engineering and functional tests and perform regression testing of NGX digital interactive systems to collect metrics and assist in integration and testing work, before, during and after installation
5. Create and maintain NGX digital interactive hardware documentation, including specifications, procurement plans and project-specific hardware sheets
6. Create and maintain NGX digital interactive manuals and as-built diagrams which specify the way the systems are installed, operated and maintained
7. Perform post-launch on-site technical support and maintenance
8. Support the maintenance of NGX digital interactive systems by creating and maintaining trouble tickets and documenting the associated tasks and actions taken for their resolution
9. Support the updating of NGX digital interactive systems documentation post-install
10. Support project post mortems and produce recommendation reports in order to identify successful and unsuccessful hardware solutions and components, and related processes.
The selected candidate profile will have the following requirements:
1. Bachelors of Science or Technical Diploma in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Information Technology or specialized training in a related technical discipline with two years working experience
2. Experience with integration of digital AV systems, in-house testing, on-site installation, and post install support
3. Experience and knowledge of AV formats and codecs
4. Experience in Windows OS installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting
5. Ability to interpret and update schematic drawings using Visio
6. Familiarity with and comfort using both manual and power tools for AV installation as well as simple construction projects
7. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
8. Must be computer literate (Windows environment, Linux also desirable) and be able to follow folder/file naming conventions and company IT procedures and standards
9. Must have strong attention for details, strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize, and also be highly organized
10. Must be a self-starter and able to work well with minimal supervision in a fast-paced professional office environment.
Desirable requirements are:
*Awareness and passion for new technologies, frameworks and digital media
*Exposure to interfaces and knowledge of XML, JSON, .NET is highly desirable
*Experience working with C#, C++ and/or Flash/Actionscript highly valuable.
*Knowledge of Processing and/or openFrameworks