Senior Property Manager, Retail, Toronto, Ontario
NEXTalent is a real estate, property facilities and retail recruitment firm. We work in partnership with our clients and candidates to ensure both parties are successful in the human capital arena. Working with many of the best real estate and retail companies in Canada, our difference is in our knowledge and understanding of the industries, the roles at all levels of the organizations and an understanding of the current and future conditions of this sector. For more information on NEXTalent, please visit www.nextalent.ca and follow us on twitter @nextalent.
NEXTalent is currently recruiting for a Senior Property Manager for a retail property on behalf of our client. The position will be based out of Toronto. Our client is one of the fastest growing owner, developers and operators of strip, community and neighbourhood centres.
The Senior Property Manager is responsible for the overall operation of an assigned retail property(s), abiding by the operational policies and standards of the company. Responsible for the operational performance including the financial aspects of one or more properties and will act as the main point of contact with the tenants, responsible for maintaining and enhancing the tenant relationship and be a brand ambassador for the company.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Liaise with retail and mixed use tenants on a day-to-day basis, handling all property management issues and concerns.
- Responsible for the development and ongoing governance of the operating budgets including monthly budget analyses and forecasting, rent arrears and collection and meeting annual targets.
- Where required, assist in the development of new properties from conceptual to opening as well as redevelopments of existing property.
- Monitor and proactively respond and resolve tenant requests and ensure response rate is within acceptable pre-set levels.
- Develop and maintain proactive preventative and corrective maintenance schedules and oversee the maintenance activities of the property.
- Supervise, coach and mentor team members including goal setting and objectives, performance evaluations, day-to-day communication and communication of property vision.
- Meet and follow municipal/provincial/federal legislation and standards with respect to employment standards, human rights, employment equity, and health and safety.
- Manager vendors and sub-contractor activities for goods and services including tendering process, negotiation of terms, preparation of contracts and monitoring performance as per standards and policies.
- Prepare short term / specialty leasing leases for temp. tenants and kiosks
- Prepare strategic analyses of property; analyzing and interpreting financial indicators, market analysis and short term and long term project and/or capital plans.
- As required, respond and handle tenant billings, disputes and notification
- Ensure marketing, events and promotional activities are executed where applicable
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 5 years as Property Manager within commercial real estate.
- Minimum 10 years experience within property management with thorough understanding and knowledge of retail, technical, financial, leasing and administrative functions related to property management
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and coach team members; managing and motivating functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision and tight deadlines
- Strong negotiation, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Must hold at least one of the following: RPA, FMA, CFM, CPM, CSM and/or ASM
Excellent compensation package.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
NEXTalent is a real estate, property facilities and retail recruitment firm. We work in partnership with our clients and candidates to...