Senior Developer Technical Support Engineer
Netsweeper Inc. specializes in Internet Content Filtering Software Solutions and has developed the industry's most advanced proprietary global filtering system for Telcos, governments, schools, and corporations. Netsweeper customers are located around the world and in all industry verticals. Netsweeper’s purpose is to allow customers a choice with respect to available URLs, IMs, file transfers, and protection against threats or attacks. Netsweeper filtering software and solutions continuously evolve and offer the most protected and managed Internet experience currently available.
As a member of the Technical Support team, you will leverage advanced technical expertise to resolve customer case escalations. Development experience will enable you in helping customers overcome crippling technical challenges. You will provide hands on troubleshooting, root cause analysis, feature explanations, and best practice guidance to the broader Technical Support team in assisting Netsweeper customers during critical and time sensitive situations.
- Manage highly visible, global and strategic, enterprise cases to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Provide prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues that have been escalated
- Assist third-party developers in troubleshooting their integration with Netsweeper APIs and implementation of other Netsweeper products. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved
- Lead the resolution of critical technical issues
- Liaise and work closely with the Netsweeper Development team on escalated technical issues and product roadmap changes/new features
- Identify, develop and execute training/education gaps or challenges
- Advocate customer's priorities internally within Netsweeper
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support and contribute to the knowledge base
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Developer and Integration Skills Group.
- Be a leader in the group, both on execution and in knowledge sharing
- Take the initiative to create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the developer community
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of prior experience in Technical Support and/or 3+ years with development experience
- Strong Business Acumen
- Demonstrated analysis, problem solving and skills troubleshooting expertise
- Detailed, organized and results oriented
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of customer and SFDC management
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, etc.
- Understanding of database concepts, data management (RDBMS) and SQL
- Solid knowledge of XML, preferably experience using server-to-server web services (SOAP)
Indeed - 20 months ago