As a member of the System Engineering Group at Netsweeper, you will make use of your extensive systems design and networking experience to plan, design, deploy, and validate Netsweeper product deployments in a variety of businesses types. You will be responsible for gathering customer requirements, designing solutions that meet the requirements, and planning and executing the deployment of the solution that you designed.
System Engineering Group members are expected to possess strong networking experience to enable the design of the Netsweeper product, which is heavily dependent on network prerequisites. This requires exceptional communications skills, the ability to talk to stakeholders at multiple levels, systems analysis skills, project management familiarity, and an independent drive to gain knowledge and become a Netsweeper product expert.
This role also includes a leadership element, where you will leverage your locality with the HQ team to assist, mentor, train, and support the distributed global team or engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Pre-sales / Sales Support
- Present Netsweeper technologies/roadmaps to executives, management and engineers.
- Maintain technical and business knowledge of networking, industry directions/trends.
- Assist sales in preparation of RFP responses, proposals, statement of work, etc...
- Creating solution proposals, solution design documents, and low level designs.
- Understanding customer networks, and integrating Netsweeper with them.
- Communicating effectively to gather requirements and describe proposed solutions.
- Gathering customer requirements, setting project scope, and managing project scope.
- Identifying risk and bringing to the attention of PMO.
- Proactive self-management based on Netsweeper PMO best practises.
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders and conflicting demands.
- Using solution proposals and designs to implement Netsweeper solutions.
- Validating solutions against acceptance test plans.
- Diligent focus on completing projects and moving onto the next.
- Global travel will be required to Europe, MEA, APAC.
- Regional travel within North America will be required.
- Travel up to ~40%.
- Provide guidance to engineering team peers regarding business processes.
- Support engineering team peers with technical issues, questions, challenges.
- Foster a strong team spirit with an emphasis on excellence.
- Strong leadership skills, or a desire to step up into a leadership role.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Linux (RedHat, CentOS) based systems including command line expertise.
- Experience designing and implementing high performance and scalable Linux based systems.
- Experience designing and implemented network solutions.
- Experience working with large scale IP based networks (MPLS, BGP, ICAP, etc…)
- Experience in scripting languages such as Shell Scripts, PHP, Perl, Python, etc…
- Would be nice to have knowledge of Telecom service provider networks:
- High Speed/Large Scale Networking
- OSS/BSS components
- AAA systems (LDAP, RADIUS)
- Would be nice to have knowledge of Enterprise networks:
- Active Directory
- Requirements management.
- Project management.
- Presentation and communication skills.
- Working in a team environment.
- Self-starting and motivated.
- Learning in a rapidly advancing field.
- Time management and multitasking.
- Team leadership.
Any of the following would be considered an asset.
- Cisco Certifications
- RedHat Linux Certifications