Distribution Team Lead - Afternoon Shift
Nealanders International Inc. – Mississauga, ON
Position function: Reporting to the Distribution Supervisor of Nealanders International Inc., the individual will be responsible to oversee all of the shipping and receiving of products of ingredients according to Nealanders’ processes and procedures as well the shipping office activities.
Scope: The Team Lead (Afternoons) will be responsible for leading the second shift Shipping team, including the Shipping Office Administrator, to ensure that orders are picked, staged and loaded according to Nealanders’ processes and procedures. The individual will ensure that they and their team members adhere to all shipping and receiving processes and procedures so that all tasks are completed safely and efficiently through the use of appropriate systems, tools and equipment specifically provided by Nealanders. This position will also work closely with Quality, Production and the Customs and Shipping Office Administrator to monitor and review orders, inventory to prepare, load and receive daily orders.
MAJOR TASKS AND DUTIES:
- To be familiar with all shipping, receiving and shipping office procedures; train, support and assist the Shipping team to ensure safety, productivity and efficiency while adhering to operations procedures.
- Update the team on any specific shipping and/or receiving priorities carried over from the first shift
- Provide direction to the night shift Shipping team; Prioritize loading and specify additional order picking in preparation for overflow
- Distribute daily pick tickets for current day and up to 2 days ahead to maximize departmental productivity and efficiency; Organize orders based on orders being shipped by Nealanders trucks, customer pick-ups and regional transfers
- Responsible to monitor SyAcc daily for newly created work orders to effectively plan for picking, staging and loading of orders
- Assist Shipping team with regular duties as required; Order picking, receiving, put-away or loading, administration.
- To use WMS and other related procedures as required. Use appropriate inventory policy – i.e. FEFO – First expiry first out
- Process RMA’s for returned totes; May be due to damage, fermented product, leaks or customer overstock returns
- Communicate with Replenishment, sales, customer service, production and shipping administrators to ensure work orders are completed to meet requested delivery dates
- To verify and approve regular and OT hours for department team members; Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Support and resolve any employee relation matters involving Shipping team members; use support of Distribution Supervisor and /or Operations Manager and/or Human Resources as required.
- Support annual performance reviews for afternoon Shipping team members
- To ensure team maintains the plant area in a clean and safe fashion representative of a food processing facility.
- Provide training and instructions to department team members.
- Comply with Nealanders’ policies on hygiene, safety and quality.
- Provide the necessary resources to implement, support, and enforce the health and safety policies and programs within the company by working in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, safe work practices and procedures established by Nealanders
- Responsible for maintaining and overseeing the Food Safety and Quality requirements HACCP plans, CCP monitoring and SQF code; Responsible for being part of the SQF Internal Auditing team, implementing and maintaining corrective/preventative action when infractions happen.
- To attend any required training necessary for the job.
- All deemed necessary tasks as required by the Distribution Supervisor / Operations Manager.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of distribution experience
- Must have at least 1 year of supervising/leading a team
- Must have strong computer skills
- Food industry related experience considered an asset
- Forklift and Reach truck license is required
- Knowledge of a warehouse management system and use of RF scanner is important
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard