Position reports to: Quality Supervisor
Status: Full Time, Afternoon shift (3pm-11pm)
Salary: Competitive compensation pkg offered
Position function: Reporting to the Quality Supervisor of Nealanders International Inc., the individual will be responsible to test the incoming bulk materials, manufactured blends (dry and liquid) and incoming raw materials for Nealanders’ customers.
Scope: Lab Technologist (QC) will be responsible to test all incoming bulk materials, manufactured products (liquid and dry) as well as incoming raw materials prior to shipping to customers and regional locations. The individual will manage multiple, ongoing priorities to complete testing and required documentation for shipping and receiving requirements, as well as completing audits/investigations on products that do not pass the initial quality test(s). This position will work closely Liquid and Dry Blend Productions and Shipping.
MAJOR TASKS AND DUTIES:
Quality Control - Nealanders Manufacturing Products
- Test all manufactured products according to product parameters and create the required certificate of analysis (COA)
- Test and create Certificate of Analysis and create lot numbers for all incoming bulk materials such as vegetable oils, lecithin, white mineral oil, sweeteners, etc.
- Review ASC to release work orders for product that has been qualified; Production team is required to create the appropriate license for the product before the lab technician can release a work order
- Support shipping department by providing the COA with delivery of product as per customer requests
- Ongoing daily testing of batches for incremental packaged products to validate quality
- Responsible to complete the validation analysis and report for all new raw material suppliers; Procedures and documentation are required for an existing Nealanders product that are going to be provided by a new supplier
- Aid in the implementation of HACCP and GMP programs and procedures
- Maintain equipment calibration record, standard records
- Coordinate with production teams to verify and update the appropriate and current blending procedures for manufactured products
- Ongoing work with Method development to create greater testing and manufacturing efficiencies
- Complete all others duties as assigned by Quality Supervisor/Manager
- Responsible for following and monitoring compliances, Food Safety and Quality requirements as per Prerequisite programs, HACCP plans, CCP monitoring and SQF code.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations, GMP’s and HACCP requirements
Quality Control – Incoming Raw Material
- Verify all incoming paperwork to ensure product meets specification; review limits, verify lot numbers, troubleshoot any issues or discrepancies such as Letter of Guarantee for a COA that is out of specifications
- Review, edit and post Certificates of Analysis for raw materials in ASC trac; link COA to item codes for shipping department
- Obtain retain samples, conduct quality testing on incoming raw materials such as oils, vitamins, mineral, etc.; responsible for resale/raw material sampling for materials in packaging up to 1000kg
- Assist warehouse, production and distribution with troubleshooting relating to quality and specification related issues; includes inspecting trailers, identifying products missing supplier labels, inspecting incoming damages and inspecting returned totes for insect activity.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Science Degree or Diploma (Food Science an asset)
- Working knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety and Food Plant GMP’s
- Minimum 2 years background / experience in food science
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task, problem solve on a continual basis
- Strong decision making skills is required
- Experience with Titration, HPLC, Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy, etc
- Must be able to lift up to 45lbs.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
Indeed - 20 months ago