Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Technical Service Representative in our Energy Services – Canadian Business Unit group located in Bonnyville, AB. If you are a dedicated Technical Service Representative with a proven track record of success we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering competitive base salary and benefits.
Primarily responsible for assisting our sales staff with the challenges of maintaining existing business and growing opportunities with new customers. You possess technical expertise, confidence, and the ability to work on your own as well as in a team environment. This area has several established long-term accounts, with several key target accounts to work on. This role will consist of field visits to customer locations to assist with project work, training, recommendations and roll out when appropriate. This role will expose you to nearly every oil and gas system and chemical treatment type except for offshore and oil sands mining. This is a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates are required to complete drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Nalco Champion’s Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Undertake the production system surveys, problem diagnoses, chemical selection and application, preparation and presentation of technical recommendations to customers, chemical selection validation
- Be conversant about in-field petroleum production practices
- Support the district in business development and maintenance of existing accounts
- Support the technical requirements of district sales and management staff
- Network with Technical Representatives within the district and other areas for best practice skills and product knowledge sharing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical role is ideal
- Bachelor of Science or Chemical Engineering degree or technical diploma in a related discipline
- Ability to think critically in order to effectively diagnose problems and apply economically sound solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues and associates
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to travel
- Strong understanding of oilfield processing equipment and facilities is ideal
- 5 years’ heavy oil facility operation to help diagnose and remedy facility upsets
- 5 years’ heavy oil well operation to help with our production enhancement programs
- Knowledge of oilfield production chemistry and systems will definitely be an asset
If you wish to challenge yourself and want to join a dynamic team, please forward your resume, with reference “Job Posting 010, TSR - BNYV” in the Subject Line.
Nalco Champion thanks all interested applicants, but only those qualified will be contacted.