Searching for a Financial Controller for a construction / development organization. Required to oversee the day to day activities of the finance team and ensuring the company’s finance function is organised and efficient and produces accurate financial and management accounts.
Managing the finance function and overseeing the finance team.
Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Manage the finance function of the company and overseeing the finance team.
- Determine how to maximize the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Maintain the financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports
- Create company’s financial analysis
- Oversee the Payroll process
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Charitable Status,
- Withholding Payments, Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
- Prepare all supporting information for authorized groups such as the Canadian Revenue Agency and the Worker’s Compensation Board.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank and all accounts; and manage cash flow.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Fully qualified ACA/CGA with minimum 10 years of financial control and management reporting experience within a high rise construction/development organization
- Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles (Quickbooks)
- You will be able to demonstrate your experience of managing a small accounting team
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
We offer a competitive compensation package to the right candidate. Please submit your resume
We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago