The General Finishing Technician is an integral member of the finishing team responsible for various duties within finishing department assisting with projects varying in size and complexity. The General Manufacturing Technician reports to the Production & Installation Manager (PIM).
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Maintain speed and accuracy to ensure daily production requirements are met.
- Knowledge of safe operations of general hand tools and power tools.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Document and report errors and discrepancies.
- Knowledge of company practices and procedures.
- Material management including documentation of any products or materials lost.
- Knowledge of safe general operations of machinery and equipment.
- Inspect all work pieces for quality and accuracy.
- Assist in other departments as required.
- Ability to take accurate measurements.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Perform additional duties as they arise from time to time.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Quality minded.
- Attention to detail.
- Logical thinking
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Team player.
- Knowledge of the custom finishing techniques industry an asset; sanding, hand spraying, etc..
- Familiarity with wood species, along with identifying defects in wood an asset
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
SALARY & BENEFITS
- 40-48 hours/week
- $12.00 – 15.00 per hour. Starting wage will be based on skillset and ability.
- Benefits package offered after successful completion of probationary period (approximately 3 months).
Indeed - 15 months ago