MWH

MWH Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I would rate MWH a 5 star company to work for, I miss the work as well as the other employees.
reprographic/customers service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2014
In the document service department at MWH, it was a fast paced work environment that I enjoyed working in. I enjoyed the day to day interaction with the clients. What I learned most from MWH was that not only providing quality work was important, but having and displaying excellent customer service skills are a must and the backbone to a successful – more... company. – less
Productive and professional workplace
Jnr Contract Engineer/Deputy PM (Current Employee), DerbyOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: long hours, excessive travel
Typical work day falls between 7.30 and 17.00. Although based in an office within proximity of the main client I take every opportunity to attend site and learn as much as possible about the subject area.

The office environment is fast paced and team working is key in day to day work life.

I enjoy the subject area and being on site playing a part – more... in the delivery of each project.

Although I enjoy working in the water/engineering industry the long hours and travel required are extremely tiring. – less
Great environment
Office Manager (Former Employee), BucharestSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no opportunity to grow within the company
I have worked at MWH during my last university year and was a great opportunity to learn how to organize myself and to learn new things apart of the theoretical things taught in school.
Great people
Senior Project Controller (Current Employee), High WycombeAugust 3, 2014
Pros: company benefits
Cons: location
Busy, loads to learn and develop.
Hardest part of the job, travelling. Most enjoyable part has been the appreciation of outputs, which makes working hard worth while.
Straght forward engineering consultancy
Leader - Transportation NSW/VIC (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: a water group with limited transport resources.
It is a straight forward engineering consultancy with a strong culture. However, is still basically a water group with limited transport resources.
What I learned
Recruiter (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJuly 11, 2014
I got an opportunity to learn quite a bit about Compliance. I also got experience Recruiting Engineers which was very interesting.
Very nice people, and always something to do.
Intern (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJune 20, 2014
A typical day at MWH for me was walking around the entire building asking my co-workers if they need any help weather it be scanning, copying, or filing. I learned to be more open to responsibility and meeting new people. The people I worked with were fantastic! I could ask questions without the fear of looking silly. Everyone could be fun when they – more... wanted to be but they are also very dedicated to their job. The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle all the tasks I was given in one day, but throughout the day I could get it done. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able not only to talk with my co-workers but being able to connect with them. Also being able to have a regular conversation not always being about work, but sports, news and media, at appropriate times, of course. – less
Respectable Company
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZ and Pueblo, COMay 30, 2014
Pros: no micro-management
Cons: extremely political
Strong safety culture. A typical day was composed of interaction with the subcontractors, safety walks and reports, toolbox talks, various other safety related paperwork.
helping
Internship Training (Former Employee), Dubai, DUFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free snacks, get together, supporting staff
My fellow intern and me , we were travelling to our site place , and he was fasting due to month of Ramzan.
He was driving and suddenly his visual got off due to lack of water , as it might be possible that oxygen level in his body me be reduced.
Then he took aside the car, rested for few minutes,and then we continued further.
it was a situation of – more... panic and i was hazzled. but everythin was fine atlast. – less
Strategy/Human Resource Analytics
Lead/Senior HR Analytics (Current Employee), PuneJanuary 27, 2014
 Work with Country HR director & Chief Talent Officer (CTO) to provide strategic decision making inputs from HR Analytics perspective.
 Lead the overall HRIS / Analytics efforts of Global HR through data mining from HRMS tools (JD Edwards, E1, Showcase)
 Analyzing employee related data to come up with trends and predictive analysis that can impact – more... the business. Correlating business and people data to establish key connection and ensure alignment between them.
 Review and improve the HR data analysis and reporting processes to progress them from reporting historical data to predictive tools for business planning.
 Analyzing the key processes, tracking key metrics, keeping a check on overall health of all processes and presenting the same to management with a dashboard and detailed analysis which helps management to see how various HR processes have a business impact.
 Working as a project manager from HR to take processes online, own the complete responsibility of product delivery.
 Implement new HR Analytics structure and complete transformation; function as a cohesive collective of expertise.
 Analyze the issues with regard to attrition, recruitment and manpower growth and providing solution to the management.
 Provide quantitative and qualitative analytical support by drawing meaningful conclusions/ insights from the data and presenting these observations to senior management.
 Introducing various organizational development and change management initiatives to facilitate the achievement of long term organizational objectives.
 Develop and maintain processes to ensure that all people-related data is accurate and consistent with global and regional standards.
 Accumulate external data, analyze and provide metrics-based insights and competitive intelligence on key trends in HR/talent/people space, workforce movements, hiring trends, etc.
 Continuously analyzing and refining data inputs / reports to facilitate finer monitoring of key HR metrics defined by management.
 In close working relationship with HR Regional Directors, assist with the definition and development of the strategy for the Reporting & Analytics platform for HR community – less
Good Place to Work
FSA India Operations (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 18, 2013
Learned a lot like

Project Management
Vendor Management
Procurement
CSR
Technical Skills
New construction was a great learning experience.
Project Inspector Mechanical (Former Employee), Hawesville, KYNovember 16, 2013
Pros: benefits
Great Company but after I fulfilled my contract I returned home for required surgery.
Okay work/life balance, good people to work with, once a year layoffs
Proposal Manager / Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Broomfield, CONovember 13, 2013
Pros: decent culture, decent work/life balance
Cons: micro management, constant reorganization which always led to layoffs
Worked your solid 8, sometimes had to work more than 40hrs a week, great people, but always layoff people once a year after reorg. Some engineers are overworked, meaning that they charge their 40hrs to a project then have to work on business pursuits after.
enjoyable
Support Network Technician (Former Employee), linclnshireAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great workplace
Although being paid by MWH The actual work was for Anglian Water and working there was a very pleasurable experience. with a very good all-round workforce and was a very good environment to work in
MWH
Senior Inspector QA/QC (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 1, 2013
Pros: everthing
Best company to work for wages. people etc.The Management is excellent, the pay and benefits are in range
Global engineering company, wet infrastructure
Global Tax Director (Current Employee), Broomfield, COJuly 15, 2013
A complicated small company, offices in 40 countries, extensive ASC 740 requirements. Little work/life balance.
Great work, when you can get it.
Engineer (Current Employee), west coastMay 20, 2013
MWH does great work and is big enough to land some fun projects. It is consulting though, and in slow times it can be difficult to find a place on good projects, especially in smaller markets.
The company has a major reorganization every 2 years, so it is difficult to stick with a department or manager long enough to get a hold
Great employee owned company
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), USA, OverseasMay 2, 2013
Pros: management support in all possible way
I worked for MWH for over 26 years till my retirement. Employees are treated as members of larger family and everybody. MWH has very strong culture where client's best interests are always being served.
Fast pace high quality engineering firm
Co-op (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2013
Everyone at the office is busy with work and each working on their own projects. Advancement is encouraged and the environment is friendly.
Productive, Learning Curve
Water/Wastewater Process Intern (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2013
Comprised of office and field work.
This internship gave me a good opportunity to practically apply my skill and knowledge of civil and environmental engineering at the work site. At MWH, I assisted the project managers in the development of process design equipment specifications for various projects including the MIEX treatment system which will be – more... known as the world’s largest magnetic facility after its construction. I conducted pump tests and arranged equipments for an existing pump station located at the West Palm Water Treatment Plant. – less

About MWH

If it's wet, MWH Global will make it work. The environmental engineering, construction, and management firm specializes in water-related – Read more