MWH Employee Reviews

slow career growth and compensation
professional engineer (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 14, 2015
Exposure to world renowned projects, but career growth and compensation is very slow for the bottom level. Company wants top talent but does not want to pay for it. Promotional raises are the equivalent of a standard annual review raise.
Pros
projects
Cons
slow career growth, compensation
Environmental Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pune, MHMay 11, 2015
Typically I work 8 hours a day. My work involves Urban Drainage Modelling jobs from various clients. During my tenure I have learned a lot of things on professional as well as personal level. I have grown in terms of technical abilities a lot.
The management is good and is always supportive. It encourages professional and personal growth of employees.
The colleagues at work are more of friends and are very supportive and helpful.
Working remotely is sometimes a bit difficult but thanks to telecommunications advancement it makes life a lot easy.
Getting to work on client from various geographies is really good.
Long hours, Short pay..
process operations (Former Employee) –  BirminghamAugust 9, 2015
Excellent work force,that strive to achieve 150% everyday.
Totally deluded management, unrealistic targets.
Would NOT recommend this place to anyone,not even if you are desperate.
STAY AWAY from here..
Pros
good work mates.
Cons
deluded management, long hours and low pay.
Arae Manager (Current Employee) –  bedfordshireOctober 24, 2015
MWH are a good company but the pay is not inline with the trade also I don't fill it is a very good place to work due the Management listing to the Client to much you could be laid off with only a days notice even if your doing a good job but if your face does not fit with the client your gone from that contract or MWH
Pros
Cons
management / Clients
Terrible Company!!! Worst company EVER!
worker (Former Employee) –  ManchesterFebruary 26, 2016
Worst company EVER to work for, i mean worst!!!! HR Team are prob most pathetic, ridiculous department known. think they know everything, with probably little knowledge, Treat staff like dirt.

make up things when you tell them something.

I would NEVER EVER recommend anybody to work for this company.
very good
SSSTS Supervisor/ first aider (Current Employee) –  all overApril 13, 2015
their a good firm to work for but at the same time the moneys not great and im trying to progress into a a better career

some management are good and some not so good but thats the same where ever you go.

its the same for my co workers

the hardest part of my job is working with incompetent people.

there best part of my job is having the right people and getting stuck in and getting the job done
Okay work/life balance, good people to work with, once a year layoffs
Proposal Manager / Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 13, 2013
Worked your solid 8, sometimes had to work more than 40hrs a week, great people, but always layoff people once a year after reorg. Some engineers are overworked, meaning that they charge their 40hrs to a project then have to work on business pursuits after.
Pros
decent culture, decent work/life balance
Cons
micro management, constant reorganization which always led to layoffs
Average Company to work for
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  PeruOctober 1, 2015
Conditions vary but It would depend on which office the project depend on . Good and dedicated prepared professional staff.
Pros
Good Colleagues, profesionals staff
Cons
Administration
Razor thin business margins, no strategic vision
Major Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2015
Razor thin business margins, no strategic vision and investment in future direction of company. Business limited to a handful of clients.
lack of vision
accounting (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 1, 2015
Company would re-organize every couple of years. Management did not share a clear view of the future. Not very innovative.
Able to work with littel oversight
Senior Electrical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Modesto, Cal,August 17, 2015
Enjoyed working with my co-workers, and worked well as a team.
Hardest part is when the job comes to a close. The days went by quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing it completed.
Cons
None, No kidding
Current Employer
Senior Inspector, Various Projects (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CASeptember 9, 2015
Enjoyable work place and co-workers. Hardest part of the job was when projects are slow. I am used to working multiple jobs at once.
Land permitting and environmental compliance
Permitting and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2015
Since this position was a contract the company was required to comply with evaluations of their client. MWH was cooperative with client when a personality conflict arose between client employees and MWH employee. Not at all helpful to work towards resolution of issue.
Good workplace cuture
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VictoriaJuly 21, 2015
Most of the working life were spent outside the office with Alliance offices. I have made many great friends from other office or constractors.

My co-workers were very supportive and easy to get along and ready to answer & help out if I required any clarifications.
Productive and professional workplace
Jnr Contract Engineer/Deputy PM (Current Employee) –  DerbyOctober 17, 2014
Typical work day falls between 7.30 and 17.00. Although based in an office within proximity of the main client I take every opportunity to attend site and learn as much as possible about the subject area.

The office environment is fast paced and team working is key in day to day work life.

I enjoy the subject area and being on site playing a part in the delivery of each project.

Although I enjoy working in the water/engineering industry the long hours and travel required are extremely tiring.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
long hours, excessive travel
Great employee owned company
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  USA, OverseasMay 2, 2013
I worked for MWH for over 26 years till my retirement. Employees are treated as members of larger family and everybody. MWH has very strong culture where client's best interests are always being served.
Pros
management support in all possible way
Respectable Company
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ and Pueblo, COMay 30, 2014
Strong safety culture. A typical day was composed of interaction with the subcontractors, safety walks and reports, toolbox talks, various other safety related paperwork.
Pros
no micro-management
Cons
extremely political
Productive Work Environment
Civil Engineer/Document Control Manager (Former Employee) –  West Bank, IsraelMay 26, 2015
I had a great work experience at MWH where I used my knowledge as an Engineer and applied it to Projects. Great team efforts and it was enjoyable experience...
Pros
Teamwork Environment
Cons
Deadlines are stressfull
Fast paced environment
Office Engineer (Current Employee) –  denverFebruary 10, 2015
Overall a good company. There is a lack of management at times and the older folks don't give the new folks to rise. You need to know the right people to move up.
Not a good place to work
Project Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2015
Boys club with not a lot of room to move around. Company only cares about bottom line and people who directly work with clients.