MWH Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mining Division: A "road warrior" life-style, good pay, good peer team, disappointing supervisors & management
QA/QC Field Technician (2-year contract) (Former Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 1, 2012
Pros: on-site company vehicle use, top quality equipment, ability to schedule some work assignments, good peer team, ability to master new skills
Cons: no company loyalty to employees - "disposable", inept local company office and hr management
Although I worked long hours on a short-notice rapid-changing schedule, sometimes for weeks on end without a break, I generally enjoyed this job and would have liked to extend it into a long-term career.

My team was well organized and we worked well together - It was a pleasure working with most of these men & women. I enjoyed the diverse temporary assignments at other area copper mines. With team input, I had some latitude to organize daily work schedules and mandatory daily obligations to optimize project effectiveness while minimizing pressure on the team.

Had the division's local higher management been on par, this would have been a dream job! Unfortunately the local company management was a significant disappointment. The local office manager was extremely disorganized, routinely AWOL from company business during office hours, rarely visited the project, and provided almost no support. The Project Engineer, the most incompetent I have encountered in 25 years, spent most of his time surfing the Internet on non-work related web sites at the field office or attending numerous daily "water cooler" meetings where work-related dialog was the exception to the rule. He lacked people-skills and loved "no-decision" meetings. In the rare occasion that the Project Engineer actually went out on site, it was usually to provide a tour to an important visitor or a MWH VP, literally 2 hours in the work area per week was the norm. Two positions filled with a vacuum.

"Disingenuous" is the primary word I would use to describe MWH Human Resources management, a significant detriment to the – more... company. HR management consistently made promises to employees never kept, such as fast-tracking all employees into other projects at the conclusion of the present contract, and failing that, promising to provide employment placement in other divisions, and failing that, promising to provide employment placement assistance outside the company. At the conclusion of the project contract, employment of all teams was terminated with as little as a 1-day notice and no reemployment assistance was provided.

To be fair to MWH Americas, Inc., I have been told through the network grapevine within MWH, that management in MWH's Mining Division is the exception to the rule, that other divisions are much more competent and attentive toward their workforce personnel.

There are a lot of good people I have met within MWH, however, I would suggest that the CEO should take a proactive stance for a thorough house-cleaning of all the detrimental management and field "chaff" that are abusing company resources and mitigating success and growth. – less
Strategy/Human Resource Analytics
Lead/Senior HR Analytics (Current Employee), PuneJanuary 27, 2014
 Work with Country HR director & Chief Talent Officer (CTO) to provide strategic decision making inputs from HR Analytics perspective.
 Lead the overall HRIS / Analytics efforts of Global HR through data mining from HRMS tools (JD Edwards, E1, Showcase)
 Analyzing employee related data to come up with trends and predictive analysis that can impact the business. Correlating business and people data to establish key connection and ensure alignment between them.
 Review and improve the HR data analysis and reporting processes to progress them from reporting historical data to predictive tools for business planning.
 Analyzing the key processes, tracking key metrics, keeping a check on overall health of all processes and presenting the same to management with a dashboard and detailed analysis which helps management to see how various HR processes have a business impact.
 Working as a project manager from HR to take processes online, own the complete responsibility of product delivery.
 Implement new HR Analytics structure and complete transformation; function as a cohesive collective of expertise.
 Analyze the issues with regard to attrition, recruitment and manpower growth and providing solution to the management.
 Provide quantitative and qualitative analytical support by drawing meaningful conclusions/ insights from the data and presenting these observations to senior management.
 Introducing various organizational development and change management initiatives to facilitate the achievement of long term organizational objectives.
 Develop and maintain processes to ensure – more... that all people-related data is accurate and consistent with global and regional standards.
 Accumulate external data, analyze and provide metrics-based insights and competitive intelligence on key trends in HR/talent/people space, workforce movements, hiring trends, etc.
 Continuously analyzing and refining data inputs / reports to facilitate finer monitoring of key HR metrics defined by management.
 In close working relationship with HR Regional Directors, assist with the definition and development of the strategy for the Reporting & Analytics platform for HR community – less
Very nice people, and always something to do.
Intern (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJune 20, 2014
A typical day at MWH for me was walking around the entire building asking my co-workers if they need any help weather it be scanning, copying, or filing. I learned to be more open to responsibility and meeting new people. The people I worked with were fantastic! I could ask questions without the fear of looking silly. Everyone could be fun when they wanted to be but they are also very dedicated to their job. The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle all the tasks I was given in one day, but throughout the day I could get it done. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able not only to talk with my co-workers but being able to connect with them. Also being able to have a regular conversation not always being about work, but sports, news and media, at appropriate times, of course.
Environmental Engineer (Current Employee), Pune, MHMay 11, 2015
Typically I work 8 hours a day. My work involves Urban Drainage Modelling jobs from various clients. During my tenure I have learned a lot of things on professional as well as personal level. I have grown in terms of technical abilities a lot.
The management is good and is always supportive. It encourages professional and personal growth of employees.
The colleagues at work are more of friends and are very supportive and helpful.
Working remotely is sometimes a bit difficult but thanks to telecommunications advancement it makes life a lot easy.
Getting to work on client from various geographies is really good.
Productive and professional workplace
Jnr Contract Engineer/Deputy PM (Current Employee), DerbyOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: long hours, excessive travel
Typical work day falls between 7.30 and 17.00. Although based in an office within proximity of the main client I take every opportunity to attend site and learn as much as possible about the subject area.

The office environment is fast paced and team working is key in day to day work life.

I enjoy the subject area and being on site playing a part in the delivery of each project.

Although I enjoy working in the water/engineering industry the long hours and travel required are extremely tiring.
Productive, Learning Curve
Water/Wastewater Process Intern (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2013
Comprised of office and field work.
This internship gave me a good opportunity to practically apply my skill and knowledge of civil and environmental engineering at the work site. At MWH, I assisted the project managers in the development of process design equipment specifications for various projects including the MIEX treatment system which will be known as the world’s largest magnetic facility after its construction. I conducted pump tests and arranged equipments for an existing pump station located at the West Palm Water Treatment Plant.
I would rate MWH a 5 star company to work for, I miss the work as well as the other employees.
reprographic/customers service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2014
In the document service department at MWH, it was a fast paced work environment that I enjoyed working in. I enjoyed the day to day interaction with the clients. What I learned most from MWH was that not only providing quality work was important, but having and displaying excellent customer service skills are a must and the backbone to a successful company.
Okay work/life balance, good people to work with, once a year layoffs
Proposal Manager / Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Broomfield, CONovember 13, 2013
Pros: decent culture, decent work/life balance
Cons: micro management, constant reorganization which always led to layoffs
Worked your solid 8, sometimes had to work more than 40hrs a week, great people, but always layoff people once a year after reorg. Some engineers are overworked, meaning that they charge their 40hrs to a project then have to work on business pursuits after.
helping
Internship Training (Former Employee), Dubai, DUFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free snacks, get together, supporting staff
My fellow intern and me , we were travelling to our site place , and he was fasting due to month of Ramzan.
He was driving and suddenly his visual got off due to lack of water , as it might be possible that oxygen level in his body me be reduced.
Then he took aside the car, rested for few minutes,and then we continued further.
it was a situation of panic and i was hazzled. but everythin was fine atlast.
very good
SSSTS Supervisor/ first aider (Current Employee), all overApril 13, 2015
their a good firm to work for but at the same time the moneys not great and im trying to progress into a a better career

some management are good and some not so good but thats the same where ever you go.

its the same for my co workers

the hardest part of my job is working with incompetent people.

there best part of my job is having the right people and getting stuck in and getting the job done
Arae Manager (Current Employee), bedfordshireOctober 24, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: management / Clients
MWH are a good company but the pay is not inline with the trade also I don't fill it is a very good place to work due the Management listing to the Client to much you could be laid off with only a days notice even if your doing a good job but if your face does not fit with the client your gone from that contract or MWH
Land permitting and environmental compliance
Permitting and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2015
Since this position was a contract the company was required to comply with evaluations of their client. MWH was cooperative with client when a personality conflict arose between client employees and MWH employee. Not at all helpful to work towards resolution of issue.
Great work, when you can get it.
Engineer (Current Employee), west coastMay 20, 2013
MWH does great work and is big enough to land some fun projects. It is consulting though, and in slow times it can be difficult to find a place on good projects, especially in smaller markets.
The company has a major reorganization every 2 years, so it is difficult to stick with a department or manager long enough to get a hold
Good workplace cuture
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee), Melbourne VictoriaJuly 21, 2015
Most of the working life were spent outside the office with Alliance offices. I have made many great friends from other office or constractors.

My co-workers were very supportive and easy to get along and ready to answer & help out if I required any clarifications.
Long hours, Short pay..
process operations (Former Employee), BirminghamAugust 9, 2015
Pros: good work mates.
Cons: deluded management, long hours and low pay.
Excellent work force,that strive to achieve 150% everyday.
Totally deluded management, unrealistic targets.
Would NOT recommend this place to anyone,not even if you are desperate.
STAY AWAY from here..
Great employee owned company
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), USA, OverseasMay 2, 2013
Pros: management support in all possible way
I worked for MWH for over 26 years till my retirement. Employees are treated as members of larger family and everybody. MWH has very strong culture where client's best interests are always being served.
Straght forward engineering consultancy
Leader - Transportation NSW/VIC (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: a water group with limited transport resources.
It is a straight forward engineering consultancy with a strong culture. However, is still basically a water group with limited transport resources.
Productive Work Environment
Civil Engineer/Document Control Manager (Former Employee), West Bank, IsraelMay 26, 2015
Pros: Teamwork Environment
Cons: Deadlines are stressfull
I had a great work experience at MWH where I used my knowledge as an Engineer and applied it to Projects. Great team efforts and it was enjoyable experience...
Great environment
Office Manager (Former Employee), BucharestSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no opportunity to grow within the company
I have worked at MWH during my last university year and was a great opportunity to learn how to organize myself and to learn new things apart of the theoretical things taught in school.
Professional; Outstanding Work Environment
Engineering Intern - MWH Constructors (Former Employee), Cape Coral, FLJanuary 30, 2015
One of the most influential and meaningful job experiences of my life. My colleagues were competent professionals, always seeking to complete projects to their fullest capabilities.