MV Transportation Employee Reviews

Un-organized
Class B Driver/ Cadet Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CA5 March 2017
The dispatchers will not care if your are running late on your route due to traffic and will still add trips last minute, causing you to get off of work over 2 hours after your original end time. Communication between higher management and drivers are terrible. When an inspection comes up for one of our contacts, management will switch blame and pretend the drivers never reported whatever problem they have. Also, no health benefits.
Pros
Good Overtime money.
Cons
No health benefits and no set schedule (even with a set schedule)
Productive and interesting
Behind the wheel trainer/ Dispatcher/ Bus operator (Former Employee) –  605 New Bridge St Jacksonville, NC 2854020 March 2017
Getting buses out on the road in a timely fashion, after inspections and transferring money boxes. I learned patience everyday was a new situation to surpass. Have no comment on management, the culture was unorganized for most of my time there. the hardest part was the constant changes in management. I really enjoyed the passengers, with new conversation daily.
Pros
co-workers were great to work with
Cons
healthcare was unreasonable and changes of Managers often
Do not work here if you have too
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CA11 November 2016
Management is really bad, and the company does not support its drivers.
They hire you and then if you are not a good ole boy or kiss the management then they get rid of you.
Worst company to work for lousy benefits, no promotions, bad attitudes.
Pros
check
Cons
everything else about the company
A challenging place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VA20 January 2017
Overall a nice place to work, however be prepared to work several long hours. Must be a people person. The Management staff are great people to work with, however more upper echelon training need to be in place. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the public. A very challenging place to work.
Pros
Meet new people all the time
Cons
Short staffed
good pay but no good life balance, mostly spend time working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CA10 February 2017
the pay was good because every three months you would get raise but the thing that sucked was that there were only 2 shifts closing and opening. stayed late at times and there is not much time for you to spend with family.
Pros
pay
Cons
time consuming
not a good place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn New York, NY2 March 2017
This is one of the worse company out there they treat you with no respect management is the worse This is not a good place to work they do what ever they want and they don't care of about there workers at all. The pay and benefits are no good and no life and pension etc ....... Smh
Pros
the worse
Cons
pay and benefits
I enjoyed starting out with this company
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA8 February 2017
Similar to my current employer, on a typical day I arrive at the yard, inquire about any detours, pre-trip my coach, fill the ride guides, and pamphlets for our riders, once complete I depart the yard and start my run.I have learned a great deal about the necessary skills it takes to be successful, patient, kind,compassionate, and efficient coach operator. Management is typically accessible and encouraging. We have a wide variety of people here, seasoned, the newbies, the quiet types, the loud types. We're a family. The most difficult aspect for me would be at times, explaining that we have no control over delays we may encounter.
Pros
Great beginning as a coach operator
Cons
Their contract came to an end shortly after I was hired.
Not recommended
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dinuba28 August 2016
Do not work here. Always changing your routes. Management very unprofessional. Pay and benefits are below average. Transits are always breaking down. No air conditioning in the transits. Co-workers are great. You do not get your breaks on time. Long hours and very stressful.
Pros
Working with co-workers
Cons
Low pay, stressful environment. I could go on and on too many to list.
Its a stressfull place
Road Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WA20 March 2017
My day is fast pace and with a lot of responsibility which includes paperwork e.g. coaching forms road evaluations. I may be called on to Drive a route as a driver has called out sick. I have learned a lot of different ways to work with different cultures and different walks of like ranging from new drivers to drivers in there elder years and many different languages. I work closely with certain managers to try to make the division a funner place to work. The hardest part of my job is the language barriers that com with a the multi cultural workforce. as it is the hardest part of my job it is also one of the funnest part of it.
Pros
Free coffee and soda
Cons
low wages for the area and slow to promote
Stressful Job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA30 December 2016
A typical day at work is very long, you must drive a minimum of 10 hours that entire day. When you arrive to work it's dark outside and when you get off it will be dark outside. If you have small children that you have to take care of this is not the right job for you. You get off of work when all of your rides are completed. I learned how to become a better driver at this company, given all the strict rules they have due to drive-cam. I rarely talk to management but when I do they always seem to have a attitude. My co workers seemed to be pretty ok. They hardest part of the job was trying to complete rides in a certain amount of time and not be late or else dispatch will suspend you out of service. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were no strict supervisors watching over you and there was some free time to myself.
Pros
NO strict supervison
Cons
Drive-cam
Great job, scarce benefits
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI17 January 2017
If you love helping out your community this job is great. You work alone in your bus all day which is OK, no manager breathing down your neck. It's basically a pretty laid back job. There are really no great benefits though.
Pros
Job security and freedom
Cons
No good benefits
not TOO bad
Day Shift Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA11 January 2017
Decent place to work. I really liked my managers and supervisor. On the local level, not bad at all. On the corporate level, terrible. No insurance for a year and no raises
Great team of people who care about helping each other succeed
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CA18 January 2017
Typical day is pre-tripping and post-tripping of vehicle before driving communter route and fixed route.

I learned and/or reaffirmed the importance of passenger safety and customer service as well as team building to maintain group morale.

Management is very attentive to our training needs, doing a good job of simultaneously creating both a caring, family but always ways professional atmosphere.

I really enjoy my co-workers, I have learned a lot from my co-workers and they have been there for me when I needed assistance and vica-verca.

Hardest part of the job is sometimes not being able to satisfy all client requests and maintain company protocals at the same time. Sometimes customers ask from the company more than it is fiscally wise to accomodate.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the public, going the extra mile to be of assistance and thus bring a good reputation to my company.
Pros
Caring team spirit among workmates
Cons
Having only the one company health choice and very expensive and unaffordable.
Good place to start in Transportation
Lead Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CA 9134212 August 2016
My experience with MV has been worthwhile. I've been with MV since 2009 and it has been quite the experience. Like anything else in life, its had its ups and downs. But overall, I can say that I don't regret making MV my place for employment. I've learned alot along the way, and it has taught me that patience is a virtue. I am blessed to be apart of the MV workforce.
Pros
Excellent Benefits through the Teamsters Union 848.
Cons
The Operators are lazy! Not much room for growth or advancement.
Very friendly co-workers
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA29 November 2016
I loved working here, the management was fair, I enjoyed working with the people beside me. The training was a breeze and they made everything accessible for everyone. Dispatchers were the first you'd see in the morning and at the end of your shift, they were extremely helpful during my time there at MV. I enjoyed most, helping others out in public, getting riders to their destinations with the least amount of delay as possible. I've learned, to be patient, and open my heart to other peoples stories in life!
Pros
Loads of food at saturday meetings
Cons
Was never given promised pay increase
The mission an purpose to this company is very respectable.
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CA3 February 2017
Working with this company allowed me to learn another side of caring for others. It allowed me to see a need and more understanding of others who totally depends of your services with excellence. Although at times I found myself becoming very attached to the customers/clients. I could not help but wished there was more professionalism within management and other co-workers relationship, during the time of my employment.
job was excellent
PARATRANSIT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA15 December 2016
job was excellent,great teamwork,great overtime,excellent benefits,offers job security a good job helping people in your community
there;s no break in building you got breaks well driving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA21 October 2016
I had only worked for this company briefly the management were at times nice but most of the times were hard to get to speak with unless they felt one has done something wrong.
Pros
helping the edlerly and the disable
Cons
long hours with little pay
Love this job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL1 March 2017
This was my first career that gave me the best experience ever and learned so much with Cusomer service and driving experience and loved the client so much taking care there transportation needs everyday I put a smile on there face. And saves lives everyday if you want to make a difference in this world apply for MV transportation
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No speeding
Horrible do not work here gainesville fl
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL10 November 2016
A TYPICAL DAY OF WORK - add on because scheduling and dispatch don't know what they are doing

WHAT I LEARNED - Never waste this much time at a dead end job that pays next to nothing

CO-WORKERS - CRABS IN A BUCKET

HARDEST PART OF THE JOB - BEING able to accept the fact you will be treated like and talked to like a piece of trash

THE MOST Enjoyable PART OF THE JOB - Watching the management make a fool of themselves

Dispatch crew have the worst attitudes talk to drivers over radio in front of clients like trash
Pros
NONE
Cons
lack of PAY and RESPECT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MV Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9