MV Transportation Employee Reviews

not a good job
Paratransit Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA19 September 2017
you will be working at least 13 hours a day and septa will be calling telling you you not working fast enough.........................................
Very good work environment
Para-Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MD19 September 2017
Working with passengers with disabilities was somewhat challenging in the beginning however after understanding the importance of providing reliable and safe transportation for the customers made the transition pretty easy.
Good job, I have a lot of experience working with them
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FL19 September 2017
The company is City of Hialeah, they offer service to the people
with transportation busses for people with disability and all employes
work helping the community
Pros
the location is old and need remodeling
Cons
good enviroment
Good place to learn about public transit
Safety Supervisor and Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CA18 September 2017
MV Transportation is a company that tires to do the right thing to provide service to the public but they lack the follow through on programs.

As a Safety and Training Supervisor my day would start at about 12:30 PM and go till 9:00 PM. I am involved in driving buses as needed and I dispatch. At times I do training for new employees and other staff
Clients wher great
Bus Aide/Driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA18 September 2017
At mv transportation they helped me get my class b license and passanger endorsments. Pay wasnt so great but just the fact that the passangers/clients where so loving and too kind I was sad when I left.
Great job if you can work independently and be consistant.
Transit Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CA16 September 2017
I usually come to work ready to do my job. I know there is drama among some of the drivers versus management, but I don't care to get involved in it nor listen to it. I think a certain amount of this exists in all companies. Although favoritism is a big issue and I am not part of that, it is not right that it is there.
The hardest part of the job is when your bus doesn't work right or you're way behind schedule and the Dispatcher tells you to just roll and do your best. We are not suddenly going to do our worst, but they need to know how to help us out there on our routes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is relating to other drivers as well as helping out the passengers. I enjoy driving a 35 or 40 foot bus.
Pros
seniority rules
Cons
no lunch
Have watched staff terminate and separate continuously.
BTW Instructor / ADA Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL16 September 2017
Always hiring; always training; not much retaining of skilled employees. Extends from entry level to upper managment. Enjoyed the job, employees and clients. No company loyality what so ever.
Excellent place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CA15 September 2017
Always a great place and always looked forward to coming in to work. Great work enviorenment. Always something different and always enjoyed helping people
No Complaints...
Road Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV15 September 2017
I came here to expand my knowledge in my field and did just that. You will definitely learn a lot, if you a are willing to. Lots of hands on training that you can take with you on your next venture in your career. Not the best pay though. If you are doing your job, and seeking guidance when needed, you will have no issues.
Pros
Lots to learn that you can take with you!!
Cons
Bidding for shifts every 6 months.
More money
Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA14 September 2017
The cost of living is expensive in Pa, I needed more money. The job it self was easy once you learn how to manage amongst MV, SEPTA and the customers.
Pros
Possible move up to septa
Cons
Not enough money for the amount of headache you have to put up with.
good company to work for if hours were less
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO13 September 2017
good company to work for but working to many hours in a day. Training is very good
management is very good
trucks are very well maintained
would stay if didn't work 10 plus hours a day
Paratransit driver
Paratransit Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VA13 September 2017
Low pay other wise co-worker's are great. You will have to get on and off the bus or car you drive in the weather and you are not supplied with anything for the weather.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Low pay
I learned to become better on the computer.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CA12 September 2017
A typical day at work was just fine. I had to deal with clients and passengers on a personal basis. Plus dealing with drivers and office staff on an ongoing basis daily. I was also responsible for anything that was cause for the alarm going off. Sometimes meeting up with the police or fire department at all hours.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
My biggest issue was dealing with the cell phone use.
Good company solid career
Driver, customer service- sales route (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CA12 September 2017
good company stable career. I experienced a very lengthly and through training program, their is a lot of mismanaging going on due to a new contract with NCTD. But if you push through it all and get a fixed route its a great career opportunity, employees are all friendly.
Very Nice Company
Para Transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY12 September 2017
When I drove for them back in 2001 for there Para Transit service in Brooklyn NY I was offered plenty of overtime and various routes. Money was very decent
Pros
Plenty of overtime oppurtunities in the Para Transit divisions
Cons
They should definitley try to get some type of Pension in addition to there 401K
bite me
Driver (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA10 September 2017
Management is reactive but not understanding of the job or what they are reacting to. Management does not support or back the drivers. The drivers mean well.
Productive, high pace competitive pay
Driver/safety trainer (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL9 September 2017
This job had great pay and a family oriented environment and the freedom to eat lunch whenever
And they help the disable and people with disability to get to their various destination s which made me working long hours worth it
Pros
Take a lunch whenever
Cons
No growth in the company
Stressful
Driver/dispatcher/reconciliation/ trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX8 September 2017
Pay is low until you graduate training. After training and your behind the wheel training the pay climbs slowly. Used to get raises every six months now it's every year till you reach top pay.
Nice place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL8 September 2017
I would work for MV again. If you want to work, the hours are available. I would recommend MV Transportation to anyway. If you like to travel, its the place to work.
Work place was stressful , but the company had good people working for them.
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CA5 September 2017
MV Transportation was very stressful, easy to get fired, management was you could not trust. Overall I guess for me it was a tough place to work, constantly in fear of what your end of the day would be like. A lot of people are fired at the end of their shift. It was a job that I found very difficult.

I got a review @ the end of each year and my company reviews were very good. To get good reviews from a company like MV is really hard.
Pros
They really gve good lunches for their employees.
Cons
The benefits the I carried with the company was really good. I didn't take the medical part.