MV Transportation Employee Reviews

Fast pace very diverse
Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD25 July 2017
The day begins with set work which can be changed at any given time. I've learned how to map locations, communicate with people with disabilities, solve problems with quick responses and time management skills.
multi- tasking
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA25 July 2017
There was this one typical day when I had an overload on my bus. I trusted my instincts and performed the next procedure. In a situation as such, I had to split my students and another's drivers students. This task could be very difficult to a person who couldn't multitask. I had to make sure siblings were with each other and furthermore dropped off to their stop at the appropriate time.
Its a really fun place to work for get to meet different people all the time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA19 July 2017
This jod showed me how to become a better driver and always keep my eyes on the road i had lots of fun working here but the only bad thing was that the pay wasn't that great
good
Bus driver- Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CA18 July 2017
It was nice to work with them.The only problem was that the division that I was working out of was a little racist. The supervisor will treat females like if there were not good enough. Besides that the passenger were good.
Nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 July 2017
Professional Driver (CDL Class C) for the disabled clients. I drove local and long distance trips to assure my clients reached their destination safely, and assisted in any other things that they may needed.
good work place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA17 July 2017
awesome place to work .management needs help but over all not to bad of a place.the building was not up to code no ac or heat . the building is not the best but the people are very nice and helping
Pros
good people
Cons
the management sucks doesn't now hoe to run the show
Not a good place to work
Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MD14 July 2017
The place is bad. The pay is not good. They only give you three days a week to work. Management has many cases of harassment claims against him. But yet he still works there. They give you bad vehicles to drive. The company does not care about your safety.
Pros
There are none
Cons
alot
Flexible Schdule for A Part Time Position
Part Time Driver for KU on Wheels (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KS13 July 2017
Could work as much or little as wanted, which worked well with my duties and hours as a Realtor.
A great group of people to work with.
I was considered a Casual Employee, so I could choose my hours.
Management often provided us with lunch. We also had a nice size comfortable break room with a pool table. The office was always weather appropriate
Receptionist/Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niles, IL13 July 2017
My job duties were easy and i really enjoyed tye people I worked with. I answered multi phone calls and helped the elderly schedule a ride to take them to the doctor.
Pros
Transportation was easy
Fun job loved the people i helped
driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA13 July 2017
Very cool job, loved helping the people on my rout, the hours were great for me. Loved diving for a living especially with the people I was helping. Though they had very strict rules.
Pros
Hours were good
Cons
Bad maintenance on the busses
employment
Bus Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CA13 July 2017
you got to have real dedication the employee lounge is the best place there the employee somewhat friendly but everyone is more to there self. the managers are pretty great and understanding.
Pros
employee lounge
Cons
too long of break
relaxed, time consuming
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO13 July 2017
Typicall you clock in, run your pre-trip and get on the road. Traffic can be unprodictable, also clients.The unprodictableness of the two, means you never quite get off when you're suppose to. You're on your own out there on the road, follow your guidlines and it really a great place to work.
Pros
Pay, Hours
Cons
Time
Easy going
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CA12 July 2017
Driving a bus can be fun if you make it that. Some riders can be tedious, but you go with the flow. The pace is fast and your shift goes by quickly. You get quite a few calls to hold the bus. That makes you late, and riders get perturbed.
Pros
Hardly ever see management
Cons
Relief may not show up and you do a double
fun to work with the people
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD10 July 2017
nice place of business to work but had to move on to better myself and my family like i really want to but i thank them for allowing me the opportunity
It was work, I enjoyed some of the other drivers
Professional driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, Az9 July 2017
The work was good. Unfortunately the schedule was too rigid [ to work w/ drivers, when needed] in light of better shifts all going to others with more seniority. I understand the rank however, I have also observed senior drivers acting poorly to shamelessly! They should NOT be rewarded for the behavior that was put out at various times. I did however provide kind customer service and was told so, again and again and thanked by the passengers I assisted. They seemed grateful. I worked hard and came home tired much of the time. If they had worked with my schedule when I needed it, I would have stayed.
Pros
All gasoline payed for.
Cons
Scheduling a bit to unworkable for me, as well as other drivers who have quit.
flexible scheduling
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL8 July 2017
it was my second driving job and it was way more professional than my previous employer. Some of the dispatchers were nice and professional, but there were also some bad apples. The experience was great.
No understanding Pay is low
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CA6 July 2017
No people person skills , no hours as was told and the boss there is very disrespectful she don't listen to nothing you have to say the pay be wrong and they will put it on your next pay check/
fun enviroment
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL5 July 2017
very friendly environment, staff is very nice, working with the clients are a great experience. i have learned how to work with people with disabilities. once one learn the job it become very easy.
Pros
breaks
Cons
hours
Do not value employees
Trip Editor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD5 July 2017
I worked for this company in various capacities for approximately 10yrs. I was led to believe that I was valued and that one day I would be compensated. I witnessed many people come in making more money than I did and when I went to the union and upper management I was told I was replaceable and to quit if I was unhappy and I did.
MV Transportation
Senior Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CA4 July 2017
Management lack communication in some areas, but overall, stressful environment. Public transportation is a high stress job, but can be fun at times. A lot of hours
Pros
a lot of hours
Cons
great pay