MV Transportation

MV Transportation Employee Reviews

Good place to start in Transportation
Lead Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CA 9134212 August 2016
My experience with MV has been worthwhile. I've been with MV since 2009 and it has been quite the experience. Like anything else in life, its had its ups and downs. But overall, I can say that I don't regret making MV my place for employment. I've learned alot along the way, and it has taught me that patience is a virtue. I am blessed to be apart of the MV workforce.
Pros
Excellent Benefits through the Teamsters Union 848.
Cons
The Operators are lazy! Not much room for growth or advancement.
Do not work here if you have too
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CA11 November 2016
Management is really bad, and the company does not support its drivers.
They hire you and then if you are not a good ole boy or kiss the management then they get rid of you.
Worst company to work for lousy benefits, no promotions, bad attitudes.
Pros
check
Cons
everything else about the company
enjoyed visiting with the KU students
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KS22 November 2016
• Operating the bus over the prescribed route, and following the correct time schedule.
• Reporting any problems that may disrupt scheduled service. Providing information to passengers.
• Answering questions from passengers regarding route and time schedules.
• Writing reports on traffic accidents, bus incidents and any road damage.
Pros
benefits, team work
Cons
not enough hrs
Not recommended
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dinuba28 August 2016
Do not work here. Always changing your routes. Management very unprofessional. Pay and benefits are below average. Transits are always breaking down. No air conditioning in the transits. Co-workers are great. You do not get your breaks on time. Long hours and very stressful.
Pros
Working with co-workers
Cons
Low pay, stressful environment. I could go on and on too many to list.
very sweat shoppish
Dispatcher/Customer Service trainee (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MD1 September 2016
the attitudes of the managers came off a bit aggressive. They were trying to use certain scare tactics to put fear into future employees and you didn't feel like you were apart of a team to grow you were treated as purely a worker my trainer was awesome though she did a great job teaching our class and really told us what to expect as well as encouraging us to do our best
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
you are not treated as team members you are less than the superiors in the building
Great job, scarce benefits
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI17 January 2017
If you love helping out your community this job is great. You work alone in your bus all day which is OK, no manager breathing down your neck. It's basically a pretty laid back job. There are really no great benefits though.
Pros
Job security and freedom
Cons
No good benefits
not TOO bad
Day Shift Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA11 January 2017
Decent place to work. I really liked my managers and supervisor. On the local level, not bad at all. On the corporate level, terrible. No insurance for a year and no raises
job was excellent
PARATRANSIT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA15 December 2016
job was excellent,great teamwork,great overtime,excellent benefits,offers job security a good job helping people in your community
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD8 December 2016
Well rounded company and its growing everyday. The company employs over 17,000 employees and operates over 190 paratransit vechices. Rewards theirs drivers with bonuses.
Pros
Freedom
Benefits
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL28 August 2016
A great group of peoples to work for. Management is fair and balanced. Management is always willing to listen and help out when needed. Great teamwork.
Pros
free uniforms and constant food availability
Cons
not enough parking, benefits are terrible
Horrible place to work
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadephia, PA4 November 2016
Very rewarding and different each day, Long days and high stress with poor wage compensation and company appreciation.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
poor schedule and pay
Productive work place
Maintenance Supervisor - Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA4 October 2016
A typical day at work is running a shop of about 21 technicians, preventative maintenance and repairs. Closing out and correcting work orders.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Need 401 k plan
Meet new people
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MD1 December 2016
It's a job. Gotta pay the bills. You will learn alot about getting around in the city. Ok pay, and flexible hours. Good benefits.
The Epitomy of Incompetance and Chaos
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX24 May 2016
Management from broad range of industries, has no clue of the business, and no guidance to offer. Tasks gravitate to the "fire for the day", no desire to "get in front of" anticipated requirements or tasks. Great people working too hard to keep things running, in spite of the incompetent corner offices, are dropping like flies from frustration.
Pros
Salary can be good, if you have no conscience
Cons
bad benefits
A challenging place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VA20 January 2017
Overall a nice place to work, however be prepared to work several long hours. Must be a people person. The Management staff are great people to work with, however more upper echelon training need to be in place. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the public. A very challenging place to work.
Pros
Meet new people all the time
Cons
Short staffed
Stressful Job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA30 December 2016
A typical day at work is very long, you must drive a minimum of 10 hours that entire day. When you arrive to work it's dark outside and when you get off it will be dark outside. If you have small children that you have to take care of this is not the right job for you. You get off of work when all of your rides are completed. I learned how to become a better driver at this company, given all the strict rules they have due to drive-cam. I rarely talk to management but when I do they always seem to have a attitude. My co workers seemed to be pretty ok. They hardest part of the job was trying to complete rides in a certain amount of time and not be late or else dispatch will suspend you out of service. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were no strict supervisors watching over you and there was some free time to myself.
Pros
NO strict supervison
Cons
Drive-cam
Not a Good Environment
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA2 March 2016
Clock into work. Pick- up Your Worksheet and Inspect your Assign Vehicle.

I learned How to use the Orb- Star on the vehicle..

Management was manageable. Some days were better than most.

Co-Workers always rotated from shift to shifts. No real chemistry with your Co- Workers.

Hardest Part of the Day: Constants Vehicle & Orb- star not working from time to time. Constant Arguments between co- workers and management.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Day: Clock out and going home.
Pros
Available Hours
Cons
Old Equipment, Non- Verbal, Constant Arguments. No Benefits
Very friendly co-workers
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA29 November 2016
I loved working here, the management was fair, I enjoyed working with the people beside me. The training was a breeze and they made everything accessible for everyone. Dispatchers were the first you'd see in the morning and at the end of your shift, they were extremely helpful during my time there at MV. I enjoyed most, helping others out in public, getting riders to their destinations with the least amount of delay as possible. I've learned, to be patient, and open my heart to other peoples stories in life!
Pros
Loads of food at saturday meetings
Cons
Was never given promised pay increase
Worst place i evere worked. Management are horrible.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CA24 February 2016
First of all in the interview they need to tell you , that their going to over work you and pay you minimum wage for six months. Also you will struggle to get a day off and will be called on your day off to work. Your benefits are horrible. For a single person you have a 4000dollar deductible. Your union but you are paying those union fees for nothing. Be ready to work 10, 11 and 12 hour shifts. Shame on this company for not treating new employees with and type of fairness. Overworked and really underpaid.
Pros
Paycheck, helping elderly
Cons
Everything else
Great team of people who care about helping each other succeed
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CA18 January 2017
Typical day is pre-tripping and post-tripping of vehicle before driving communter route and fixed route.

I learned and/or reaffirmed the importance of passenger safety and customer service as well as team building to maintain group morale.

Management is very attentive to our training needs, doing a good job of simultaneously creating both a caring, family but always ways professional atmosphere.

I really enjoy my co-workers, I have learned a lot from my co-workers and they have been there for me when I needed assistance and vica-verca.

Hardest part of the job is sometimes not being able to satisfy all client requests and maintain company protocals at the same time. Sometimes customers ask from the company more than it is fiscally wise to accomodate.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the public, going the extra mile to be of assistance and thus bring a good reputation to my company.
Pros
Caring team spirit among workmates
Cons
Having only the one company health choice and very expensive and unaffordable.

2.9