MV Transportation Employee Reviews

fun, loved working there
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CA17 November 2017
it was a great opportunity to work there loved the staff it was great. I would one day like to go back at MV overall I liked the job a lot! glad I got to know the company for what it really is.
Poor management
Maintenance Shift Supervisor Shop forman (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA17 November 2017
Lack of upper management to get the truth and be involved with hands on problems that occur. You need to be a yes man . Short cuts and understaffing put to much pressures on employees to perform tasks required to work in a safe environment.
Pros
Pay not bad with overtime
Cons
Understaffed and required to cover several shifts at times
Productive work environment
Corporate Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elk Horn, IA15 November 2017
I love my work and co-workers, but not the minimal compensation/benefits that are offered. Circumstances brought me back to Council Bluffs, so now my commute is 60 miles each way - too far.
Pros
Good work environment, knowledgeable management
Cons
Sub-par benefits, no advancement opportunities
high expectations low rewads
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH15 November 2017
I worked at Mv transportation for a few years and got small raises and was promised more but that was all lies.but the Company left Cleveland after loosing the contract from RTA.
A nice place to work
Driver for mv transportation (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD14 November 2017
Over all working at mv was a great experience they need to have more polite dispatchers with compassion for the customers that call in. The training is so knowledgeable and helpful it makes u aware of a lot of safety for your self as well as others who may not b paying attention to the streets as well as there surroundings
Low morale
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MD14 November 2017
Not somewhere you can retire from. I do not think this is a good place to work if you have a family or want a life. Management is terrible and they do not want to see you succeed.
Fast paced work environment under pressure
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MD14 November 2017
MV Transportation is a fast-paced work enviroment. The job requires alot of multi tasking and ability to work under pressure. As well as, the ability to handle irate customers. The management are also under pressure by their superiors therefor puts more pressure on workers to work harder. If you want your day to go by fast, this is the place. You are continuously working with multiple sources of technology.
Pros
unlimited overtime available
Cons
schedules, no-fault attendance policy, mandatory over time, no holiday leave or holiday pay
Great environment
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MD13 November 2017
You learn the city an d the people around you. Some managements are respectful but not many. If you love to drive this is the place. Signing up for overtime is easy and a steady schedule works for those who want a life outside of the work place
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Customers
You get to do a good thing.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL12 November 2017
The pay is on the lower scale of the professional driver scale with immense responsibility to handle. You do get to help out people that get ignored throughout our society. Its a feel good job.
Pros
Help the disabled and the sick.
Cons
crazy hours and a slow raise curve.
horrific place to work
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA12 November 2017
please do not work for this company low pay with plenty of hours. Management was horrible along with everything else. Not a career to have or a place to stay for a long time unless your old or retired.
Pros
Cons
everything
If you are not prepared, it will be difficult to suceed
COMMERCIAL TRANSPORTATION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA11 November 2017
A typical day began at 3:30 am doing an inspection on the transit vehicle I would be operating that day. I learned that preparation for each shift everyday is critical to your success as a transit coach operator. Once you complete training, management and other drivers are not there to help you because the culture is next man up.
Pros
I liked driving a bus, meeting people.
Cons
Too much sitting takes a toll on your health, low wages
Did not apreciate the workplace 'culture'
Bus Driver trainee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA9 November 2017
At one of the locations the Branch Manager and the trainers colluded against the operations manager and whosoever they didn't like, in order to drive them out. I didn't appreciate this workplace 'culture'.!
I liked to help people to get to their destinations
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA9 November 2017
I loved to help handicap, people that needed me to take them to the Dr, to the supermarket, or to the parks withing my designed routs of course, safety meetings
Pros
nice to have people around
Cons
Sometimes was to much
Horrible
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Austin, Texas9 November 2017
Worst place EVER! Unethical, uncaring, unorganized, unprofessional!!!!! Hiring constantly because they are losing employees DAILY!
If I could take this one star back, I would.
Pros
Exit
Cons
Entrance
safety challenges raffles and recognition
Road Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CA8 November 2017
fast paced environment lots of daily challenges worked out of my car i would say that's the hard part of the job staying organized supervising 13 drivers out of a car for 10 hour days. the most enjoyable is being of service providing a safe environment and staying positive through the daily challenges. a typical day would be route information as well as vehicle inspections and daily paperwork. scheduling and supervising driver skills. I've learned to be positive on what little we have to work with and find solutions to all challenges.
Pros
weekends and holidays off
Cons
no breaks
Cool
Bus Detailer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX5 November 2017
It was a cool laid back job . I enjoyed washing the buses and enjoyed talking to new people . The people there are friendly and nice to . The manager was cool
Fast paced enviroment with fun people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, California3 November 2017
If you enjoy a fast paced, high call volume, stay on your toes kind of job, MV Transportation is for you.
The employees, leads, managers, and HE are all friendly and are there to help you in any way they can.
Pros
Plenty of overtime and a friendly staff
Cons
Holidays are mandatory if thats your scheduled day.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX2 November 2017
This is a good company to work for. They offer great health benefits.
The training is good. You get help while out driving to find the place or with customers that are having a hard time
Unprofessional
Paratransit Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CA1 November 2017
I did not like this company at all management an employees were very rude to each other an there was no kind of organization with the way they ran the company
Pros
Cons
Everything I
Fast Paced
Safety Supervisor/Classroom Instructor/BTW (Former Employee) –  2625 WHEATSHEAF LANE PHILADELPHIA PA28 October 2017
MV Transportation taught me everything i now about being a safety supervisor i loved my job with them . Management was great i started off as a operator and moved up to a Safety supervisor within 8 months of being with the company. I left MV being a Trainer? Safety Supervisor, which was the most enjoyable part of my job.