MV Transportation

MV Transportation Employee Reviews

very sweat shoppish
Dispatcher/Customer Service trainee (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 1, 2016
the attitudes of the managers came off a bit aggressive. They were trying to use certain scare tactics to put fear into future employees and you didn't feel like you were apart of a team to grow you were treated as purely a worker my trainer was awesome though she did a great job teaching our class and really told us what to expect as well as encouraging us to do our best
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
you are not treated as team members you are less than the superiors in the building
the disrespectful Union Reps
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
The Union reps at chicago 135 are extremely disrespectful. Both of them are big loud mouths and very unprofessional. I suppose since both of them are extremely large in size, they consider themselves to be intimidating. NOTTT. The female constantly talks about people and thinks mv is her own personal company. They both call employees out of their names, not only that, they say it in front of other co-workers. We dont need reps like them. Either get respectful people or dont have a union.
Pros
The company is a great company
Cons
The Union reps are the worst in Illinois
Good place to start in Transportation
Lead Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CA 91342August 12, 2016
My experience with MV has been worthwhile. I've been with MV since 2009 and it has been quite the experience. Like anything else in life, its had its ups and downs. But overall, I can say that I don't regret making MV my place for employment. I've learned alot along the way, and it has taught me that patience is a virtue. I am blessed to be apart of the MV workforce.
Pros
Excellent Benefits through the Teamsters Union 848.
Cons
The Operators are lazy! Not much room for growth or advancement.
Highly stressful,, not supportive to its employees
former driver (Former Employee) –  niles il...chicago illAugust 3, 2016
Mv transportation Both Niles and Chicago location is the absolute worst company to work for. The Management is low end favoritism abounds.
Pros
Their are none, Management considers you a tool, They don't follow their own company rules, You get taken out of service regularly, For such petty things by pace the Contractor without proof of doing anything wrong, Not given a date as to when you will return
Cons
If you get hired their, know that the turnover rate is very high, They make promises they know they won't keep, Promises like 80 hrs a week, Once you sign on you barely get 65
Make It Temporary
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2016
This place will provide you with a check but that is all. There is no opportunity to learn anything new. Some dispatchers are horrible communicators, some members of management are clueless. The whole time I was there positions were being juggled around. New person here, new person there. Rules change on a daily basis, some rules apply to this person but not the next person. It's basically a revolving door, people come and people go. It's to you how to deal with what you can deal with.
Pros
It's a check
Cons
Never know when your work day will end, too unorganized, messy, no room for advancing. NO support.
Fast Pace Environment
Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 1, 2016
Usually work is pretty steady, there are moments when things can get hectic due to some unexpected issues popping up. I learned better time managing skills and professionalism from working here. Management is friendly I personally do wish things were a bit more organized and clear at times. Everyone here is very friendly and helpful this is my first job where questions are welcomed by everyone. The hardest part of the job is when problems arise and new procedures are put out maintaining them can become irritating. The most enjoyable are the few gatherings MV holds for their employees as an appreciation for their hard work as well as the employees themselves everyone is very encouraging.
Pros
appreciation days
Cons
constant change for little things
Lack of Management
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  RosevilleJuly 11, 2016
MV Transportation as a company is okay.

A typical day consisted of answering phones, giving drivers any changes to their routes, and data entry.

I learned in some companies you cannot trust management.

Management is lacking in so many ways. No respect for employees, doesn't boost employee morale.

I loved most of my co workers.

Hardest part of the job is answering 4 phone lines, and 2 radios at the same time.

Overall I loved my job, loved my clients and my most of my co workers.
Pros
Alone in the office most of the time, able to listen to music, watch movies
Cons
Management, lack of support and training.
productive driving on a routine matter
Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 10, 2016
I pick up clients and take them to there appointment's it might be a hour or so waiting for them I never leave them alone. I learned how to be sufficient when I am driving. Management was good they told us who to pick up, my co works where great also if I needed help they would step in. The hardest part of my job was really nothing, I loved my job everyday enjoy going.
Pros
I got to meet diffrent people everyday
Cons
We had down time to where if we had anything to do you could do it and it wouldnt effect your job.
Not recommended
Driver (Current Employee) –  DinubaAugust 28, 2016
Do not work here. Always changing your routes. Management very unprofessional. Pay and benefits are below average. Transits are always breaking down. No air conditioning in the transits. Co-workers are great. You do not get your breaks on time. Long hours and very stressful.
Pros
Working with co-workers
Cons
Low pay, stressful environment. I could go on and on too many to list.
It's a lot of childs play that goes on sometimes
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2016
I know what time I go to work but don't know when I will get off.
I've learn patience and how to deal with handicaps.
Management only cares about the route being cover and not a sick child.
The hardest part of the job is when the MIT goes out and needs to be reset.
Is talking with some of the elderly people and getting wisdom and knowledge....
Pros
Off holidays
Cons
A job
Flexible Hours
DISPATCHER/SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2016
Dispatch and Scheduling at MV can be fun but it all depends on who you're working with. Schedule changes a lot so not good for students or parents who need to put children in Daycare. Health Insurance SUCKS (unless it changed) but I made life long friends at this company so it was worth it.
Pros
flexible hours, fun atomsphere
Cons
health insurance, disorganized management
Good place to work with room for advancement.
Road Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2016
Enjoyed working their and helping our local disabled clientele meet their daily needs.Along with great responsibility comes immeasurable pride and satisfaction from a job well done.I would work their again if I didn't need higher pay.
Pros
opportunity to help others and advance in the company
Cons
slightly underpaid but can achieve higher pay by advancement or overtime.
The Epitomy of Incompetance and Chaos
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Ft. Worth, TXMay 24, 2016
Management from broad range of industries, has no clue of the business, and no guidance to offer. Tasks gravitate to the "fire for the day", no desire to "get in front of" anticipated requirements or tasks. Great people working too hard to keep things running, in spite of the incompetent corner offices, are dropping like flies from frustration.
Pros
Salary can be good, if you have no conscience
Cons
bad benefits
Some of the employees are great
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2016
This company was not a good place for me. They would be very dishonest to their clients just to get them off the phone. There are no good insurance. The pay is alright. Going from a driver to a dispatcher was not a good choice. The only thing I really enjoyed working with this company was speaking with the clients.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
the dishonest
This company rates on the lowest end of the transit companies.
Management (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 30, 2016
Wants all of your time with little to no reward. Always hanging the proverbial carrot. Negotiates the lowest possible wages for it's employees/Unions so they delay the inevitable, a fare wage for it's employees. Again the proverbial carrot. Claims to be a company that cares about the employees. They care about the liability and profit. Untrustworthy
Pros
They know and follow laws.
Cons
They say one thing and do another. Untrustworthy
Close to home nice environment to work.
Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILAugust 11, 2016
The co-workers are very helpful and help you on calls about areas we service or do not service or which transfer points the clients need to go to in other to connect with a secondary carrier.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Working weekends and holidays a lot of sitting
Stressfull
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 18, 2016
long hours to many splits no sleep just a paycheck. dispatchers are rude and don't help you point system is stupid. co workers are helpful. training was the best part after that wow.
Pros
paid traing and a pay check
Cons
loss of sleep very dangerous when driving a huge bus with passangers. bad scheduales
Set up to fail
PARA-TRANSIT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2016
Door to door pick up is what required for this job, it's a great job but you'er always behind due to traffic, add- ons trips that get added on to your route, when this happens you have to wright down all info that goes with the pick up & drop off, mangement miss count your hours, always late getting off due to add-ons. Company services three counties,
The worst thing is you have to call office every night after 8 oclck to find out what time you have to report the next day. Nevr reported to work the same time for the entire time I worked with this company
Pros
HELPING THOSE IN NEED OF TRANSPORTATION
Cons
12-13-HRS SHIFTS
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 28, 2016
A great group of peoples to work for. Management is fair and balanced. Management is always willing to listen and help out when needed. Great teamwork.
Pros
free uniforms and constant food availability
Cons
not enough parking, benefits are terrible
The San Fernando Valley Struggle
driver (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 11, 2016
Some of the management is really nice and some are, some of the worst people, you will ever meet. It is not a difficult job but many will over complicate it and have business ethics. The culture is negative. A few of the trainers and supervisors are terrible people. A good reflection of the fake fiat economy we live in.
Pros
pay + being on own for a % of time
Cons
the head trainer, supervisors, one of the test givers

2.9