MV TRANSPORTATION

MV TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This company rates on the lowest end of the transit companies.
Management (Former Employee), CaliforniaApril 30, 2016
Pros: They know and follow laws.
Cons: They say one thing and do another. Untrustworthy
Wants all of your time with little to no reward. Always hanging the proverbial carrot. Negotiates the lowest possible wages for it's employees/Unions so they delay the inevitable, a fare wage for it's employees. Again the proverbial carrot. Claims to be a company that cares about the employees. They care about the liability and profit. Untrustworthy
Set up to fail
PARA-TRANSIT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 19, 2016
Pros: HELPING THOSE IN NEED OF TRANSPORTATION
Cons: 12-13-HRS SHIFTS
Door to door pick up is what required for this job, it's a great job but you'er always behind due to traffic, add- ons trips that get added on to your route, when this happens you have to wright down all info that goes with the pick up & drop off, mangement miss count your hours, always late getting off due to add-ons. Company services three counties,
The worst thing is you have to call office every night after 8 oclck to find out what time you have to report the next day. Nevr reported to work the same time for the entire time I worked with this company
Stepping stone career based training
HR SUPERVISOR, OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 18, 2016
MV Transportation was ultimately the very key to my success throughout my human resources career. I was privileged to work with some of the best professionals within in house council, in house finance and in house payroll. The divisions also had wonderful managers and employees.
working with MV
Dispatcher / Road Supervisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CA 94124April 16, 2016
Pros: Great working on the road
Cons: Low paying job
I enjoy being a checker with MV. I experience on the road, meet a lot of the drivers and supervisors on the road. I gain so much experience doing the On Time Performance.
happy helping people
Para transit Driver giving freedom (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAApril 16, 2016
working for mv transportation is pleasant. helping people with disabilities is great I meet all kinds of people its very rewarding.
Comfortable and great job
Bus Attendant (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 13, 2016
It was an easy job just helpin bus driver attend to students getting on and off school bus and making sure every kid is accounted for.I loved this job but didn't like the gap where we break for couple hours because kids are in school so basically not getting enough hours a day and I need the money to support my kids.
The San Fernando Valley Struggle
driver (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAApril 11, 2016
Pros: pay + being on own for a % of time
Cons: the head trainer, supervisors, one of the test givers
Some of the management is really nice and some are, some of the worst people, you will ever meet. It is not a difficult job but many will over complicate it and have business ethics. The culture is negative. A few of the trainers and supervisors are terrible people. A good reflection of the fake fiat economy we live in.
great
Driver (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 6, 2016
nice meeting new people every day. driving all over the triad. being able to put a smile on someone's face. driving different types of large buses.
No Boss hanging over you head 24 24
Professional Paratransit Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2016
Pros: mainly by yourself
Cons: mean people
I enjoyed time working with the company. My managers were outstanding at their jobs. I disliked the adds at the last min and the adds that was no where near your pick ups or drop offs
Working at MV Transportation was fun and interesting, however schedules and lack of driver appreciation were huge flaws.
Driver (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 22, 2016
Pros: get to drive and explore the city, the gratitude given from the passengers is rewarding
Cons: No breaks/lunch on many occasions, no set schedules, pay is low, very limited incentive plan
MV Transportation was a paratransit service provided for passengers with disabilities. The job itself was fun in which we would greet, assist and secure passengers then transport them to their scheduled destination. In this job, I learned the importance of safety and how important it is to appreciate what one would call every day activities, as well as to show humility. The management team were very courteous and professional and would go out of their way to assist their workers as best they can. The other drivers and road supervisors are good, positive people to work with, however the dispatch department did not quite understand the difficulties that the drivers faced on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was a tie between the schedules, not knowing what times you were going to go in and get out of work, and the fact that on any given day, more often than not, our routes were altered to where our schedule was extended to 12 straight hours without any type break or lunch which would cause fatigue making the job a bit hazardous. The most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation the passengers showed for not only transporting them but for treating them professionally but with dignity and respect.
Little to no support from corporate support staff
Director of Safety (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Fair pay and benifits
Cons: No corporate support
After identifying several issues and concerns, the corporate level support people were contacted for assistance. However, no assistance or support was ever initiated or attempted by them. Just threats of making it happen or else.
very professional
Reservationist (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDMarch 19, 2016
Job was steady , fast going , structured,
professional,

I enjoyed working with my co workers
Enjoyed assisting customers
just starting
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2016
just starting so i have only been there since Jan. of 2016. as far as i am concerned its a decent compnay but in the middle of a contract so have not worked in a month.
Productive, fast paced, family oriented environment
Supervisor/Scheduler/Reservationist (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILMarch 11, 2016
Pros: Able to multi-task, helping passengers, family oriented environment, offered overtime
Cons: When drivers call off work
Working at MV was challenging, yet fulfilling. Management was always fair. Exceptional customer service is what I do best, and working at MV allowed me to show my full potential. All around great job to work at.
good work place
Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 10, 2016
Pros: yearly wage increase
Cons: unorganized routes
A typical day would involve me preparing my vehicle to go on route. First Id do a inspection of the vehicle for damages. I then go on to my first route. I learned that rushing is the key to getting the job done, safety is. My coworkers treated me with respect which they got in return. The hardest part about the job was the timing of the passengers pick up times. A passenger can set a specific time weeks in advance and still have a late arrival time. The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers, they showed so much laugher and joy through it all.
Fun enviorment with great people to work with.
Driver (Former Employee), Lawrence, KS 66049March 7, 2016
Very busy driving bus route. Meeting lots of new people from all different backgrounds. I learned how to be more cautious when I am driving, the job also helped me to be more patient with myself and other people. The hardest part of the job was staying on time with the bus schedule and being safe while doing so.
A fool
Driver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2016
The management is terrible and they make and enforce rules the way that they want them to I got bills mv so I need more money 11 dollars aint enough to feed nobody
Not a Good Environment
Transportation Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2016
Pros: Available Hours
Cons: Old Equipment, Non- Verbal, Constant Arguments. No Benefits
Clock into work. Pick- up Your Worksheet and Inspect your Assign Vehicle.

I learned How to use the Orb- Star on the vehicle..

Management was manageable. Some days were better than most.

Co-Workers always rotated from shift to shifts. No real chemistry with your Co- Workers.

Hardest Part of the Day: Constants Vehicle & Orb- star not working from time to time. Constant Arguments between co- workers and management.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Day: Clock out and going home.
Best and worst job i ever had
Driver (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Almost everyone did their jobs and with a smile. Almost everyone. Learning a new line of work. The amount of effort put into training each individual so that you know what your doing and they know that you know.

Cons:Not very friendly management and upper management. The pay was 8/hr even though i was told i would get more for having a CDL A but that was not true. Then they put me out of work for two weeks and never contacted me again and then came to my house and tried to get me to sign a paper saying I voluntarily quit. Not to mention I was literally the only white female and felt like I was only hired because of my race and gender.

This company has some serious work to do and in my opinion needs to consider new management as well.
Worst place i evere worked. Management are horrible.
Driver (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: Paycheck, helping elderly
Cons: Everything else
First of all in the interview they need to tell you , that their going to over work you and pay you minimum wage for six months. Also you will struggle to get a day off and will be called on your day off to work. Your benefits are horrible. For a single person you have a 4000dollar deductible. Your union but you are paying those union fees for nothing. Be ready to work 10, 11 and 12 hour shifts. Shame on this company for not treating new employees with and type of fairness. Overworked and really underpaid.