MV Transportation Employee Reviews

good pay but no good life balance, mostly spend time working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CA10 February 2017
the pay was good because every three months you would get raise but the thing that sucked was that there were only 2 shifts closing and opening. stayed late at times and there is not much time for you to spend with family.
Pros
pay
Cons
time consuming
Do not work here if you have too
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CA11 November 2016
Management is really bad, and the company does not support its drivers.
They hire you and then if you are not a good ole boy or kiss the management then they get rid of you.
Worst company to work for lousy benefits, no promotions, bad attitudes.
Pros
check
Cons
everything else about the company
Great job, scarce benefits
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI17 January 2017
If you love helping out your community this job is great. You work alone in your bus all day which is OK, no manager breathing down your neck. It's basically a pretty laid back job. There are really no great benefits though.
Pros
Job security and freedom
Cons
No good benefits
enjoyed visiting with the KU students
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KS22 November 2016
• Operating the bus over the prescribed route, and following the correct time schedule.
• Reporting any problems that may disrupt scheduled service. Providing information to passengers.
• Answering questions from passengers regarding route and time schedules.
• Writing reports on traffic accidents, bus incidents and any road damage.
Pros
benefits, team work
Cons
not enough hrs
Good place to start in Transportation
Lead Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CA 9134212 August 2016
My experience with MV has been worthwhile. I've been with MV since 2009 and it has been quite the experience. Like anything else in life, its had its ups and downs. But overall, I can say that I don't regret making MV my place for employment. I've learned alot along the way, and it has taught me that patience is a virtue. I am blessed to be apart of the MV workforce.
Pros
Excellent Benefits through the Teamsters Union 848.
Cons
The Operators are lazy! Not much room for growth or advancement.
MV Transportation...
Driver (Current Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MD6 February 2017
Just apply and take advantage of your own professional experience
at MV Transportation . Everything you will learn in training will put you in a position to grow through out the company or future employment. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Growth
very sweat shoppish
Dispatcher/Customer Service trainee (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MD1 September 2016
the attitudes of the managers came off a bit aggressive. They were trying to use certain scare tactics to put fear into future employees and you didn't feel like you were apart of a team to grow you were treated as purely a worker my trainer was awesome though she did a great job teaching our class and really told us what to expect as well as encouraging us to do our best
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
you are not treated as team members you are less than the superiors in the building
Not recommended
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dinuba28 August 2016
Do not work here. Always changing your routes. Management very unprofessional. Pay and benefits are below average. Transits are always breaking down. No air conditioning in the transits. Co-workers are great. You do not get your breaks on time. Long hours and very stressful.
Pros
Working with co-workers
Cons
Low pay, stressful environment. I could go on and on too many to list.
not TOO bad
Day Shift Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA11 January 2017
Decent place to work. I really liked my managers and supervisor. On the local level, not bad at all. On the corporate level, terrible. No insurance for a year and no raises
diverse transit corporation
Safety and Training Manager (Current Employee) –  West Coast14 February 2017
Low-bid contract provider for government transportation entities. The corporation is the nation's largest minority owned, private transportation services provider.
Pros
Dynamic environment
Cons
Below market compensation and benefits.
job was excellent
PARATRANSIT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA15 December 2016
job was excellent,great teamwork,great overtime,excellent benefits,offers job security a good job helping people in your community
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD8 December 2016
Well rounded company and its growing everyday. The company employs over 17,000 employees and operates over 190 paratransit vechices. Rewards theirs drivers with bonuses.
Pros
Freedom
Benefits
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL28 August 2016
A great group of peoples to work for. Management is fair and balanced. Management is always willing to listen and help out when needed. Great teamwork.
Pros
free uniforms and constant food availability
Cons
not enough parking, benefits are terrible
Meet new people
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MD1 December 2016
It's a job. Gotta pay the bills. You will learn alot about getting around in the city. Ok pay, and flexible hours. Good benefits.
Horrible place to work
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadephia, PA4 November 2016
Very rewarding and different each day, Long days and high stress with poor wage compensation and company appreciation.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
poor schedule and pay
Productive work place
Maintenance Supervisor - Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA4 October 2016
A typical day at work is running a shop of about 21 technicians, preventative maintenance and repairs. Closing out and correcting work orders.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Need 401 k plan
The Epitomy of Incompetance and Chaos
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX24 May 2016
Management from broad range of industries, has no clue of the business, and no guidance to offer. Tasks gravitate to the "fire for the day", no desire to "get in front of" anticipated requirements or tasks. Great people working too hard to keep things running, in spite of the incompetent corner offices, are dropping like flies from frustration.
Pros
Salary can be good, if you have no conscience
Cons
bad benefits
A challenging place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VA20 January 2017
Overall a nice place to work, however be prepared to work several long hours. Must be a people person. The Management staff are great people to work with, however more upper echelon training need to be in place. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the public. A very challenging place to work.
Pros
Meet new people all the time
Cons
Short staffed
Stressful Job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA30 December 2016
A typical day at work is very long, you must drive a minimum of 10 hours that entire day. When you arrive to work it's dark outside and when you get off it will be dark outside. If you have small children that you have to take care of this is not the right job for you. You get off of work when all of your rides are completed. I learned how to become a better driver at this company, given all the strict rules they have due to drive-cam. I rarely talk to management but when I do they always seem to have a attitude. My co workers seemed to be pretty ok. They hardest part of the job was trying to complete rides in a certain amount of time and not be late or else dispatch will suspend you out of service. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were no strict supervisors watching over you and there was some free time to myself.
Pros
NO strict supervison
Cons
Drive-cam
I enjoyed starting out with this company
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA8 February 2017
Similar to my current employer, on a typical day I arrive at the yard, inquire about any detours, pre-trip my coach, fill the ride guides, and pamphlets for our riders, once complete I depart the yard and start my run.I have learned a great deal about the necessary skills it takes to be successful, patient, kind,compassionate, and efficient coach operator. Management is typically accessible and encouraging. We have a wide variety of people here, seasoned, the newbies, the quiet types, the loud types. We're a family. The most difficult aspect for me would be at times, explaining that we have no control over delays we may encounter.
Pros
Great beginning as a coach operator
Cons
Their contract came to an end shortly after I was hired.

2.9