MV TRANSPORTATION

MV TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Competitive company with growth oportunities
Director of Maintenance (Current Employee), North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Salary and team environment
Full support staff available for promotion opportunities. MV takes care of their employees and offers a great benefit package. They are an efficient company that provides safe, reliable, and clean transportation to the public.
My Job
Reservations Agent (Former Employee), 6505 Belcrest rdFebruary 10, 2016
I took calls, make reservations, and work with people. I am a fast learner and i like to learn new things. The hours were ok and the management worked well with the employees.
Good Job
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CA 91406February 8, 2016
This job was a great job. it has alot of room for growth with in the company. the hours are ok. the trainers help out to the fullest in preparing a new employee get a grasp in the field
Very Busy work place
Reservationist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2016
I learned how to set appointments, measure distance for our drivers and service area
A typical day included entering and reviewing drivers manifests, getting ready to answer calls for the day
Amazing place
Bus Driver (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Insurance, working with the public, PTO
Cons: Hardly no cons
I enjoyed this position and with this company. I have learned so much that I will utilize in my future employment. Working with the public is amazing. You meet people from all walks of life and you build a reporr with your passengers.
Always busy,
drivers and 2 dispatcher (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: company had very good open door policy to upper management
Some days are busier than others, and if short handed helping out with the duties of others can make for a busy day. working with the public can really keep you on your toes. Also add the weather and you can be going in 10 directions at once.
A productive and rewarding benefits of being a Bus Operator
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2016
A typical day at MV TRANSPORTATION it was rewarding and demanding. I learned so much about the people who rides with MV, who they were, what kind of work they did, and how they felt about the company. My management team was always fair to me and gave good advice when faced with challenging decisions.My Co-workers were always there for me as well I was there for them. The hardest part the job was traffic, one of the most enjoyable part of the job was finding new routes (short cuts) to do the job... staying on time for the next ride... Patrons were always happy that you were on time for their pickup.
New and exciting experience.
Driver (Former Employee), Livermore, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Cons: very few brakes
Each day I would start out by inspecting the bus, which is required by DOT regulations. After making sure was okay I would drive out of the yard and head toward my first stop of the day. I learned many things about driving laws, how to be a defensive driver and gained respect for other drivers. My supervisor was sociable and seemed genuinely concerned for each employee. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, however time went by very fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to drive a bus, it was kind of fun. As far as my co workers most of them were friendly, but most keep to themselves.
managment is lousy
Driver (Former Employee), Santa Paula, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: great to start out
Cons: when they take over new contract need to bring in fresh staff
when MV takes over a new contract they always bring the management staff over from the company that lost it. that being said they have an attitude against all the drivers that MV has hired to replace their friends. At one point 40 - 50 hours a week and when friends got qualified they got the promotions the hours and any great perks that were offered hours got cut to 20 week
ok
0perator (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: fixed
Cons: not fair
the company benefit and job not fair,but work is fixed,I do my job is professional,the company problem is when you working , need help,no body to help,
Not too secure with my position.
Driver (Former Employee), Stuart, FLJanuary 11, 2016
I enjoy working with most of my co-workers and some of my supervisors. MV has a bad employee turnover and I am not secure in my current position as a driver.
Blah blah
Driver (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Hours
Cons: Pay is horrible and we cant strike to get paid more
They really need to get they sh%t together and pay way better we deal with to many types of attitudes, disabilities and angry a** old people to only get 8.75 on top of driving that big a** bus its jus not fair if you need money its ok but definitely not a career unless you like being f*#ked over
Hard Working, Growing Company
Fairfax Region Controller (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Get your hands on many aspects of the business
Cons: Work-life balance, benefits (improving, but not great)
Things stay very busy and a lot is expected out of the accounting team. We are seen as the finance experts and work with/explain things to GMs, MMs, etc. who are not finance people. Room for advancement if you travel/relocate (at least out of VA). Good management
Professional, Fun, Exciting, Time Consuming work place
DRIVER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Available Hours
Cons: Traffic
M.V. Transportation have and has been one of my best employers. I was blessed to bless. I provided the best care to all clients, of every race, shape, and kind. I supervised, monitored elderly, impaired, physically and, mentally disabled human beings. I was trusted to transport and, ensure the best quality of customer service to every customer no matter the cause. Working in, or out the field was a challenge that I achieved with honors and very proud of it. All paratransit operators were responsible for their own sets of clients and manifest although, together we still managed to assist one another kindly and, respectfully.
Enjoyable
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 29, 2015
comfortable environment, good place to work for at all times. The hours are great, the people that I work with are wonderful to work with. I have had a great experience working with drivers, clients and management.
Pay was good, not much home life
Paratransit Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 17, 2015
Often times had no idea what time work began until 6pm the night before. Some verbal abuse from clients. Management was good to me, excellent co-workers.
Long days, but it was a pleasure
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Lodi, CADecember 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. I was surrounded by dedicated drivers. The passengers were another highlight of my job. Great experience.
Dispatcher/Driver (Current Employee), Elko, NVDecember 11, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, love my job
Cons: Not enough hours
Typical Day At Work/What I've Learned...
Communicate with A.M Dispatcher.
Microsoft Windows, Data entry
Listening, multitasking, prioritization and problem solving skills.

Co-Workers...
Great People! We all look out for one another like a family.

The Hardest Part About My Job...
Not being garunteed full-time hours.

The Most Enjoyable Part Of My Job...
The most enjoyable part of my job is when my drivers return to the yard safely and all their manifests are completed, all clients are dropped off safely and to where they need to go makes me feel overwhelmed with excitement.
a typical day at work
Driver (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 10, 2015
dis- organized dispatchers
a lot of unhappy looking people
clients are always complaining about the company
mv transportation works with vta county transit/outreach
we provide transportation for people who cannot drive
No support from upper management, company has no direction
mech (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Evertyhing about this company
General Managers yell at employees, very hostile work area, low pay, no raises, company may be but local management not willing to improve buses state of repair and constantly put unsafe buses in service, skirt required maintenance. Send buses out tow them back later attitude.