MV Transportation

MV Transportation Employee Reviews

my opinion
Driver (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 25, 2016
No growth potential for anyone that is not already in management. would not work there unless last resort. the pay is awful and then the company expected workers to survive on that. no overtime if you i wanted it. this location is very unprofessional.
The Epitomy of Incompetance and Chaos
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Ft. Worth, TXMay 24, 2016
Management from broad range of industries, has no clue of the business, and no guidance to offer. Tasks gravitate to the "fire for the day", no desire to "get in front of" anticipated requirements or tasks. Great people working too hard to keep things running, in spite of the incompetent corner offices, are dropping like flies from frustration.
Pros
Salary can be good, if you have no conscience
Cons
bad benefits
If you need a paycheck
Driver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 17, 2016
I'm fairly new here ...so my opinion is unbiased. if you just need a ok paycheck or you buying time until you get a call back from an interview or city test , then you take this gig.i decided to come to MV when i heard there would be a lot of overtime work. i only intend to be here a 4 months tops.

if you're a peoples person , you will be able to tolerate the job. you'll get some good passengers, you'll get some bad ones.

the dispatchers is where my problem lies. they have no real clue about driving much less traffic and rush hour congestion .then there are times where they are constantly changing your route pick ups on the fly from your original routes, taking you out of your on time flow and giving you additional paperwork to write up.

i hate paperwork,especially when you have to fall behind on it to make your pick ups on time (securing wheelchairs/scooters in the vehicle and all).

the company's GPS system is outdated,flawed , inaccurate and unclear a lot of times. if will take you the longest way , if will tell you to make a turn after you missed it and ir will tell you you reaches your destination almost a block away ..... GET THAT UPGRADE MV

coworkers are friendly and i like working unsupervised for the most part. the are "road supervisors" in a separate vehicle that will monitor a pick up once in a while , but do as you were trained and you'll be fine.

ps i have no wife and kids .... so i'm not complaining about the lack of a social life. but i can say where the problem would come in if you ended up with the wrong schedule.
Pros
Getting familiar with the driving around the city, get overtime if you need some extra
Cons
constant route changes, compromising breaks to keep schedule, barely adequate pay
So Far It's Ok
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 12, 2016
I Like It So Far, Looking For Better Pay. Wish The Schedule Worked Around My Kids School Schedule. Being A Single Parent & The Fact That I Transport To & From school.
Pros
Meeting People From Different Walks Of Life
Cons
Not Enough Pay, Schedule Doesn't Accomodate With My Lifestyle
Love to Drive
Customer service, stopped (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2016
I love to drive and meet people it makes the day fun and go by fast, at times it can be rough but eventful. Meeting new people and the different personality is really different and interesting.
BUS OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2016
work environment very pleasant. different people / passenger problem's everyday. People you work with are very supportive.
Pros
good benefit
Cons
good benefit
I like to drive
Para Transporter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2016
driving passengers around is a typical day at work
learned more about chicago maps
management needs more communication
co workers (dispatchers ) pleasant to work with
hardest part about this job was waking up to be to work at 5 am
most enjoyable about this job with the passengers and driving around the city
This company rates on the lowest end of the transit companies.
Management (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 30, 2016
Wants all of your time with little to no reward. Always hanging the proverbial carrot. Negotiates the lowest possible wages for it's employees/Unions so they delay the inevitable, a fare wage for it's employees. Again the proverbial carrot. Claims to be a company that cares about the employees. They care about the liability and profit. Untrustworthy
Pros
They know and follow laws.
Cons
They say one thing and do another. Untrustworthy
Set up to fail
PARA-TRANSIT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2016
Door to door pick up is what required for this job, it's a great job but you'er always behind due to traffic, add- ons trips that get added on to your route, when this happens you have to wright down all info that goes with the pick up & drop off, mangement miss count your hours, always late getting off due to add-ons. Company services three counties,
The worst thing is you have to call office every night after 8 oclck to find out what time you have to report the next day. Nevr reported to work the same time for the entire time I worked with this company
Pros
HELPING THOSE IN NEED OF TRANSPORTATION
Cons
12-13-HRS SHIFTS
Stepping stone career based training
HR SUPERVISOR, OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 18, 2016
MV Transportation was ultimately the very key to my success throughout my human resources career. I was privileged to work with some of the best professionals within in house council, in house finance and in house payroll. The divisions also had wonderful managers and employees.
working with MV
Dispatcher / Road Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94124April 16, 2016
I enjoy being a checker with MV. I experience on the road, meet a lot of the drivers and supervisors on the road. I gain so much experience doing the On Time Performance.
Pros
Great working on the road
Cons
Low paying job
happy helping people
Para transit Driver giving freedom (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 16, 2016
working for mv transportation is pleasant. helping people with disabilities is great I meet all kinds of people its very rewarding.
Comfortable and great job
Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 13, 2016
It was an easy job just helpin bus driver attend to students getting on and off school bus and making sure every kid is accounted for.I loved this job but didn't like the gap where we break for couple hours because kids are in school so basically not getting enough hours a day and I need the money to support my kids.
The San Fernando Valley Struggle
driver (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 11, 2016
Some of the management is really nice and some are, some of the worst people, you will ever meet. It is not a difficult job but many will over complicate it and have business ethics. The culture is negative. A few of the trainers and supervisors are terrible people. A good reflection of the fake fiat economy we live in.
Pros
pay + being on own for a % of time
Cons
the head trainer, supervisors, one of the test givers
great
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 6, 2016
nice meeting new people every day. driving all over the triad. being able to put a smile on someone's face. driving different types of large buses.
No Boss hanging over you head 24 24
Professional Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2016
I enjoyed time working with the company. My managers were outstanding at their jobs. I disliked the adds at the last min and the adds that was no where near your pick ups or drop offs
Pros
mainly by yourself
Cons
mean people
Working at MV Transportation was fun and interesting, however schedules and lack of driver appreciation were huge flaws.
Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 22, 2016
MV Transportation was a paratransit service provided for passengers with disabilities. The job itself was fun in which we would greet, assist and secure passengers then transport them to their scheduled destination. In this job, I learned the importance of safety and how important it is to appreciate what one would call every day activities, as well as to show humility. The management team were very courteous and professional and would go out of their way to assist their workers as best they can. The other drivers and road supervisors are good, positive people to work with, however the dispatch department did not quite understand the difficulties that the drivers faced on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was a tie between the schedules, not knowing what times you were going to go in and get out of work, and the fact that on any given day, more often than not, our routes were altered to where our schedule was extended to 12 straight hours without any type break or lunch which would cause fatigue making the job a bit hazardous. The most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation the passengers showed for not only transporting them but for treating them professionally but with dignity and respect.
Pros
get to drive and explore the city, the gratitude given from the passengers is rewarding
Cons
No breaks/lunch on many occasions, no set schedules, pay is low, very limited incentive plan
Little to no support from corporate support staff
Director of Safety (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 21, 2016
After identifying several issues and concerns, the corporate level support people were contacted for assistance. However, no assistance or support was ever initiated or attempted by them. Just threats of making it happen or else.
Pros
Fair pay and benifits
Cons
No corporate support
very professional
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMarch 19, 2016
Job was steady , fast going , structured,
professional,

I enjoyed working with my co workers
Enjoyed assisting customers
just starting
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2016
just starting so i have only been there since Jan. of 2016. as far as i am concerned its a decent compnay but in the middle of a contract so have not worked in a month.