MV Transit

MV Transit Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
no fun
driver (Former Employee), Anaheim, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: good buses
Cons: bad work enviornment
too many chiefs not enough indians. too many rats there instead of people working there doing thier job they want to tell other people what you are doing
Very enjoyable working environment and working team
Executive Assistant/Administrative (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 10, 2014
Pros: the ongoing growth and development of the position
Cons: contract position caused small feeling of job security
In my position with this company/office my position was considered to be the central hub of the office.

Official Title was Administrative Assistant to the GM/HR but this title did not define my position.

A typical day would have me working as the liaison between the drivers and their union, and the drivers and the office staff. Assistant to the HR/Operations – more... manager; The safety manager, The general manager, The client (TriMet), and finally the general public.

The best part of this job was the variety and the ongoing growth of the position. Every day every month my duties grew and I was learning more and more and the value of my position was held in the highest regard.

The growth in skills was remarkable and made me a better employee daily, much more than an Administrative Assistant. – less
This was a great company to work for
Driver (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 4, 2014
This was a great company to work for because you could move up with them. It started to get bad when they started to bring in different General Manager then it started going downhill. And the quality of employee's that they hire now is deplorable.
fun place to work
Transporter/Driver (Former Employee), Wilson, NCDecember 1, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: no raises
love management, was very fair .every day was excited an different
Bus Driving
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: work outside, meet people
Cons: long work day with long shifts
Drive a bus and transport people to and from their locations.
Long hours with not much pay. Benefits are good. Easy job. You get to meet many interesting locations and people.
Good job if you are starting out. Not so good as a long term career.
Hard work for very little pay.
Jimmy Pettigrew-Safety Manager (Former Employee), Ashwaubenon, WINovember 12, 2014
I got my wheelchair training from this company. It was very hard work but they only pay $8.00 an hour for that line of work. Even working full time I just couldn't make ends meet financially.
Great Company
Transit Driver (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 9, 2014
Being able to help the disabled clients get to there destinations.
long days and awesome passengers
Call-N-Ride Driver (Former Employee), coloradoNovember 7, 2014
Pros: my co workers, and passengers.
Cons: broken buses
Long days, buses often broke down but the passengers very awesome and caring at least o the Call-N - Ride side...
Fun and never a dull moment
Para Transit Bus Driver (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILNovember 4, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: i would appreciate more hours
A day starts at 5:00 am I've learned a lot about the company ,it's goals and the importance of being consistent with customer service standards. The management team is people oriented and realize that keeping the job enjoyable helps to keep moral high and the associates productive. I totally enjoy what I do and I am learning new things each and everyday.
Paratransit
Driver for Access Lynx (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2014
enjoy working with the people. door to door service. Working in this company you need to have patient and a heart because you work with alot of sick people.
low pay terrible dispatch
bud ioerator (Former Employee), stockton caOctober 25, 2014
Training is 10.00 then after that 11.00. Lot of drama real childish and high school like. Messy people to be around and work for. They have want you to drive all the way from Stockton to San Jose to pick up rude customers.
Stressful Job
Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: being out on your own all day long
Cons: help is never easy to find
Driving around elderly / disabled people to various locations throughout Central Florida
Great entry level transportation company
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Chamblee, GaOctober 23, 2014
Low pay and steady turn over. Management, was unwilling to listen to concerns from drivers.
Great Job
Transportation Specialist/Trainer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 21, 2014
I enjoy working and interacting with others. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Management is great.
A day at MV
Para-Transit ADA Driver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: poorly ran, no advancements
A typical day at work would be to come in when you are assigned, get you clip board and flip phone with the walkie-talkie that you must turn in at the end of the day in addition to your route paper work and time sheet, assist the client's with disabilities, computer data entry and secure the client's walking devices
Productive, educational, fun the clients were entertaining
Driver (Current Employee), Tulare, CAOctober 16, 2014
I would show up to work and prep the bus for the day. Then I would head to the station and start my route. My co-workers and management were very helpful and enjoyable to be around.
Productive place to learn the transportation field
Mentor (Former Employee), Hyattsville MDOctober 14, 2014
Pros: the people
A typical day at MV consist of reconciling drivers daily logs. Management did not create a friendly atmosphere for their workers. The most enjoyable part about the job was to see the people who worked in my office.
great place to be...
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great experiance
Cons: never home
excellent job keeps you moving I really did enjoy my experiance...
awesome
Driver (Former Employee), IrvineOctober 8, 2014
Great pay and great company to work for. The benefits are awesome.
Sad work place
Former Bus Operator (Former Employee), Livermore, CaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: driving the buses
Cons: very low pay, no breaks, long splits, no communication, fraud
The "training" for MV started out long. They advertise they have Fulltime employment but you start out on the extra board as a part time employee on a fixed route. I finished training, I worked 10 hour days with no break. I decided to leave the company due to personal reasons. I asked to be transfered but the GM said I was new, and that I needed to – more... wait after my probation, on my last day of resignation he decided to transfer me at the last minute. I ended up deciding to stick to plan A and leave the company after all and haven't received my hard copy CDL yet. MV is a fraud. Every company that trains their employees for a CDL has to process paperwork correctly through DMV. I found out they were dropped from the ETP (Employment Training Program). I've been in constant contact with DMV and they said the company has not processed their routes so it looks as if I never even went through training. All those hours wasted. I think they purposely did that to me since I decided to leave and go with another company. I've tried calling MV HR, and they're located all the way in Texas, WTF? Never returns phone calls. They fraud driver training hours, they're liars. STAY AWAY. – less

1 2 3 4 5