MV Transit

MV Transit Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Summary Review
Scheduler / Dispatcher /Reservationist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Working at MV Transportation was an overall great experience for me. I moved quickly learning different aspects of the company's operations and excelled at many levels. I normally sought to keep the "big picture," in focused weather I was answering phone calls, directing drivers, or organizing and structuring routes for buses, clients, and facilities. I learned from management to keep moving forward at all times. Because the company always was on a time schedule moving the schedule forward was job one. From my co-workers I learned to trust more. I was not in control of situations and many times I had to rely on the trainings that I shared with others to do the right thing and look for a positive outcome. The hardest part of this job was rescheduling clients. Every ones situation is important, just like their time, however in the course of a day sometimes things happened that impeded a timely pick up or drop off and helping someone to understand that it was not personal when this happened, that we did have their best interest in heart, and that we would do all that we could to accommodate their schedule, could be challenging. The most enjoyable part of this job is the reward of knowing you helped so many people and sometimes these people or representatives let you know that they appreciated your efforts.
fun and safe
Bus Driver (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2015
getting people to they doctor appointments on time and driving people around making them laugh made me happy
It was a good co. to work for until the lose of the contracts and lack of commuication w/the employees
Para Transit Driver/operator (Former Employee), Capital Heights, TNJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I'd go in w/a smile, perform my duties and returning to the base safely.

I learned to be a responsible and courteous driver and how to use the life for wheel clients find different addressed around the Metropolitan area with safety and accuracy.

Management was fair.

There was no time to get to know the co-workers because you go in pick up your manifest and go out on your route.

Nothing was really hard when it came to my duties.

Having a job to go to every day with a smile and on time
Good people
maintenance technician (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: service manager is awesome to work with
Cons: low pay
Great people, awesome management (service shop), that's about it...
leadership lacking
QC and Facility Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2015
business has possibilities

they need to be serious about what they do
The Worst Ever
worker (Current Employee), AlsipJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: not 1
Cons: management, workers, drivers
This company is the worst place to work. Evey one in that place needs to be trained on Customer Service. No professionalism at all.
An overall good place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Donora, PADecember 30, 2014
Pros: salary was acceptable for the geographics
Cons: healthcare benefits
Responsible for transporting of passengers to and from their desired destinations along a fixed route.

The job provided an opportunity to meet a variety of different people.

I learned many sections of towns that otherwise I would not have know.

The most trying part of the job would be the inclement weather driving conditions.
STAY AWAY
Driver (Former Employee), Batavia, ILDecember 18, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week, 8-12 hour shifts
Cons: hours not guaranteed, management doesn't care about you, and a very high turnover
Low pay driving job, expensive benefits, terrible management
no fun
driver (Former Employee), Anaheim, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: good buses
Cons: bad work enviornment
too many chiefs not enough indians. too many rats there instead of people working there doing thier job they want to tell other people what you are doing
Very enjoyable working environment and working team
Executive Assistant/Administrative (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 10, 2014
Pros: the ongoing growth and development of the position
Cons: contract position caused small feeling of job security
In my position with this company/office my position was considered to be the central hub of the office.

Official Title was Administrative Assistant to the GM/HR but this title did not define my position.

A typical day would have me working as the liaison between the drivers and their union, and the drivers and the office staff. Assistant to the HR/Operations manager; The safety manager, The general manager, The client (TriMet), and finally the general public.

The best part of this job was the variety and the ongoing growth of the position. Every day every month my duties grew and I was learning more and more and the value of my position was held in the highest regard.

The growth in skills was remarkable and made me a better employee daily, much more than an Administrative Assistant.
This was a great company to work for
Driver (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 4, 2014
This was a great company to work for because you could move up with them. It started to get bad when they started to bring in different General Manager then it started going downhill. And the quality of employee's that they hire now is deplorable.
fun place to work
Transporter/Driver (Former Employee), Wilson, NCDecember 1, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: no raises
love management, was very fair .every day was excited an different
Bus Driving
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: work outside, meet people
Cons: long work day with long shifts
Drive a bus and transport people to and from their locations.
Long hours with not much pay. Benefits are good. Easy job. You get to meet many interesting locations and people.
Good job if you are starting out. Not so good as a long term career.
Hard work for very little pay.
Jimmy Pettigrew-Safety Manager (Former Employee), Ashwaubenon, WINovember 12, 2014
I got my wheelchair training from this company. It was very hard work but they only pay $8.00 an hour for that line of work. Even working full time I just couldn't make ends meet financially.
Great Company
Transit Driver (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 9, 2014
Being able to help the disabled clients get to there destinations.
long days and awesome passengers
Call-N-Ride Driver (Former Employee), coloradoNovember 7, 2014
Pros: my co workers, and passengers.
Cons: broken buses
Long days, buses often broke down but the passengers very awesome and caring at least o the Call-N - Ride side...
Fun and never a dull moment
Para Transit Bus Driver (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILNovember 4, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: i would appreciate more hours
A day starts at 5:00 am I've learned a lot about the company ,it's goals and the importance of being consistent with customer service standards. The management team is people oriented and realize that keeping the job enjoyable helps to keep moral high and the associates productive. I totally enjoy what I do and I am learning new things each and everyday.
Paratransit
Driver for Access Lynx (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2014
enjoy working with the people. door to door service. Working in this company you need to have patient and a heart because you work with alot of sick people.
low pay terrible dispatch
bud ioerator (Former Employee), stockton caOctober 25, 2014
Training is 10.00 then after that 11.00. Lot of drama real childish and high school like. Messy people to be around and work for. They have want you to drive all the way from Stockton to San Jose to pick up rude customers.
Stressful Job
Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: being out on your own all day long
Cons: help is never easy to find
Driving around elderly / disabled people to various locations throughout Central Florida

1 2 3 4 5