MV Transit Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loved Driving and helping the disabled .
Driver (Former Employee), San Jose CaAugust 28, 2015
Pros: great place to work if you want a lot of hours
Cons: none
MV was a great place to work , the best part of the job was helping the disabled , meeting new people . the hardest part of the job was the time schedules of picking up clients , its a fast moving job .
Interesting place to work
Transit Driver (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 25, 2015
My job at MV was to transport Microsoft employees to work, follow DOT state laws; give excellent customer service and to follow my run-card. But at the same time i also had to make sure i could think on my feet.
Horrible Management
Management (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Bad Management
Apply for this company at your own risk. Horrible Upper Management. Work environment is not great. People playing dominoes in the break area and are loud an noisy not your corporate environment. The GM is a Dictator (his way or no way). Hostile work place. Lots of Politics between this company and the sub-contractor ( DART).
Productive and fun place to work for
Dispatcher/ Bus Driver (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: Buses with mechanical issues.
Manager was always willing to help. I started as a driver and was promoted to dispatcher where I learned even learned more. Co-workers were always respectful. The hardest part of the job was, trying to cover the routes with buses with buses that had mechanical issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I knew every day I was going to be learning something new. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Great Culture
Road Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: pay
Great place to work with great people, good staff good working life.
Management is great and helpful, there are divisions all over the world.
You driving clients around all day.
Driver (Former Employee), Wilson, NCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: You helping people in need of transportation.
Cons: Short lunches
You taking clients to the doctor that don't have a way to their doctor appointment. Also people who need dialysis you taking them to do their treatment.
para-transit operation
driver (Current Employee), stockton,ca.July 27, 2015
Pros: split shift
Cons: risky road conditions
to provide a service to a portion of society that may not have the means or the vehicle to move freely as they wished it was avery rewarding chance to be there for them
Educational and good place o work
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2015
MV was a good place to work because they taught you exactly what you needed to do and look to get you working as fast as possible. I have nothing to say against the company.
friendly and productive
RESERVATIONIST (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2015
answering calls in timely manner and scheduling trip by clients requests. the hardest part is not satisfying the customer all the time. considering this is a share service times are given on first come first serv
System
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Alsip, ILJuly 21, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: short breaks, nasty office, not organizaed, POOR PAY RATE
You have to pray before you go in to work.
Not a Caring Company.
Racist Management.
Poor Communication between co-workers.
Staying out of people's Mess.
Enjoy going home.
Good Professional environment to be driving on the Microsoft Campus
Driver (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 18, 2015
I had an enjoyable time supporting transportation operations and driving Microsoft employees around campus. You were able to not only perform your duties for MV Transportation but being in and around Microsoft I learned more about the company and some of the projects they are working on there. I use their products and know many people that work at Microsoft.
MV Transportation
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Alsip, ILJuly 16, 2015
MV Transportation was poorly ran and the dispatchers where allowed the freedom to give your routes to others and not replace them at all. Fairness did not exist within this job.
Fast paced environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Donora, PAJuly 10, 2015
The public transportation field is a fast paced environment.that runs 24/7. Although very rewarding working with the client, operators,and customers it can also be stressful. I was able to learn the payroll system, responsible for entering daily hours and mileage for each run which I truly enjoyed.
worst job experience i've had
Para-Transit Operator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2015
If there is a gap of 2 hrs or more between dropping someone off and your next pick up, you will not be paid for that gap.
Septa (who the dispatchers work for) use this and other method as a way to cut corners.

Very high turn over rate for a reason.

And hope you don't get injured on the job. The attitude toward people assigned to light duty, after being seen by their doctors, is that they are faking. At least it was for me.

I will say that some days it ran so smooth that I couldn't believe I got paid to do it. Other days were so bad it felt as if they couldn't pay me enough. Unfortunately it was more of the latter.
It was a ok place to work just needed a better management
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 8, 2015
Picking up your people to be on time the management was no good the coworkers was fun and the hardest was pushing wheel chairs in the show. The joy was talking with the people .
Overworked, under staffed, under paid. Coworkers wonderful, extremely stressed.
Executive/Personal Assistant to CEO (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Nice office building with shops and restaurants next door
Cons: Overworked, understaffed, no raises, bonuses for Management only.
Learned much about the paratransit transportation industry. MV assists seniors, and handicapped individuals to function in the community.
Wonderful people
Driver (Former Employee), Redmond, Washington.June 22, 2015
Pros: Driving around the beautiful Microsoft campus.
Cons: Can be very busy at times.
I loved working for MV Transportation in Redmond at Microsoft! Best six years of my life, such great people to be involved with, I felt just like family.
A good place to gain experience
Operations, Safety & Security Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2015
Good place to start a career in Transportation but long term not a good place to stay if you have ambitions and wish to move up within the company.
great company and great people to work with and for.
Professional Driver (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2015
i enjoy helping people who may need assistance and traveling back in forth to work or doctors office knowing that i am making a change in someones life means alot to me.
Great place to work!
Driver (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2015
Driving and interacting with customers.
I have learned to be a better and safer driver.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the customer to their destination safe and sound.