Mustang Survival is a leading supplier of survival apparel solutions to the most demanding recreational, professional and military users. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to join our dynamic and inspired Research & Development team.
Nestled between the mountains and the coast, our head office in Burnaby, BC combines a progressive open-office work environment with a cutting edge 34,000 sq ft lean modular manufacturing facility. Our in-house prototyping lab and test pool allow for immediate design realization and testing. Manufacturing partners in Asia and our own USA factory provide corporate diversity, strength, and great opportunity for the successful applicant to rapidly develop and apply their skills and experience in a dynamic and exciting work environment.
As a Quality Assurance Lead, you will report to the Quality Manager, supervise 2 Quality Technicians. You will support, and be supported by, a Quality Engineer as well as Product Development, Research, Purchasing, and Manufacturing Engineering resources. The incumbent will design, implement, and execute world-class Quality Management processes, systems and tools, ensuring the successful design and production of critical life-saving equipment used by the world’s most demanding customers (USAF, US Navy, Canadian DND, USCG, NASA, commercial fisherman, etc). You will ensure that the Quality Management System is uniformly applied and continuously improved upon at all design and manufacturing locations. To be successful in this position, you will be someone that can take on projects, seek answers, ask questions, problem solve, and develop and implement best practice solutions.
Your primary duties will include:
- the resolution and prevention of non-conformances.
- the identification of improvement opportunities related to processes, information, and systems through the generation and reporting of quality metrics
- the design, documentation, training, and implementation of improvements
- leadership of reporting personnel and project teams
- the execution of required testing & inspection of incoming raw materials and finished goods to validate conformance to their specifications
- the facilitation of external audits of Mustang products and processes
- the maintenance of tools & equipment used for inspection, measurement, and testing
- and the control of factory-level quality documentation and record-keeping.
You are a problem solver with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science, Technical Diploma in QA, Operations Management Diploma or equivalent education and experience in a related field, supplemented by a minimum of 3 years experience in Quality Assurance, in a manufacturing environment. An ASQ CQE certification would be an asset, as would Sig Sigma and Lean Manufacturing training and experience.
In addition, you should possess the following skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and influence while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical specifications & drawings, and standards & regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines within a continuously changing environment.
- Knowledge of the ISO9001 quality management systems standard is preferred.
- Ability to apply knowledge of statistical techniques and process control principles within a multi-source manufacturing and supply environment.
- Strong mechanical ability (hands-on skill)
- Knowledge of the setup and implementation of testing protocols, and the specification of suitable test equipment.
- Good command of the English Language, written and verbal.
- Ability to prepare informative, well-articulated, concise technical reports and presentations.
Mustang Survival offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a great working environment, as well as great opportunity for personal and professional growth.
To submit your application online, please visit: www.mustangsurvival.com/careers.
Thank you for your interest in working at Mustang Survival, however, only those qualified will be contacted.