Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Absolutely loved my job there!!!
Manager (Former Employee), Camrose, Alberta, canadaApril 3, 2014
I loved working there and would like think I would still be there if they hadn't closed all the Canadian stores.
Company is expanding with new opportunities and growth potential.
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 28, 2013
Work is steady; good corporate citizen; nice offices and work space.
typical day at work
Cashier/ class c operator (Current Employee), Ripley, TNNovember 11, 2014
Pros: no break
Cons: rude people
I enjoy my time at work because it is fast pace and I get to meet new people and see alot of my retuning customers atleast 2 times a day.
Awful place/ no supportave management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHNovember 9, 2014
Pros: work by your self
Cons: just listed a few
Terrible place to work. no breaks, no lunch, and no where to sit down for 6-8 hrs. You have to always up sell. If you don't know what to do it is too bad or figure it out with customers calling you all kinds of names.
Wheres your heart at
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not able to move up
Great place to work not good if you want to move up. Nice faculty
Love to interact with my regulars
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 2, 2014
Cons: no clocking out for lunch and no breaks, no medical benefits for part time employees
A typical day at work consists of food preparation, checking out customers, selling of lotto tickets and tobacco products. Recovery of the store, stocking and re-stocking of items in store including beer cooler and facing.
Room for Advancement
Cashier (Current Employee), Antioch, TNNovember 2, 2014
Easy job, you just deal with a lot of different personalities. You have to learn to be quick and efficient if you aren't already. All in all, a fantastic company to work with.
Think Twice Before You Apply
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Denver, NCNovember 1, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers, salary, fast paced
Cons: no breaks, on your feet your entire shift, have to upsell on a daily basis, work schedule never consistant, due to obama care law cashiers are only allowed to work 25-29hrs/wk
The job itself is very easy, fast paced, and fun to interact with regular customers. However, the management style of the store manager made the job environment very hostile and stressful. Unless you possess a strong personality and are one of those people that can stand up for yourself, I do not encourage you to apply.
Fast pace enviroment
Manager (Former Employee), Lake City, FLOctober 30, 2014
Cons: there are no breaks at all with this type of work place
Murphy's was a great place to work, it kept you on your toes as you always had something to do. It was extremely fast pace with the amount of customer base they had. Plenty of room for ooportunity
company plus the customer
(Overnight) assistant Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 26, 2014
Pros: valued working with good people
Cons: company cares about clients than team members
good benefits, great team to work with pay is balanced from what I've seen from competitors. Don't like the environment of customer on site
Good Job with a lot of advancement opportunies
Cashier (Former Employee), Niceville, FLOctober 25, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: hard on feet
Great customers and management. Very flexible shifts and good hours for a second job. Great pay and always receive raises
A fun place to work and learn the retail industry
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee), Marianna, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: pay is great
Cons: managers are required to work long hours
the company as a whole is great. they are growing and striving to make improvements daily. Its has been a pleasure to work for Murphy USA
Productive and fun with my co workers
Cashier (Current Employee), Socorro, TXOctober 18, 2014
At Murphy, you tend to grow into a family with all other employees which makes the job easy working together, helping, and looking after one another just amazing. At times you will step into some difficulties since you are in a wide open community, dealing with the possibilities of robbers. Safety is enforced and everyday is a day of being cautious.
I was from the Top 10%, they have sent me and my wife to Dominican republic to enjoy for five days
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 18, 2014
worked there for 7 years , enjoyed working with my co workers, and also with my customers,
Hardest part of my work is to schedule some body when someone does not showup, as we have only one person to work at a time.
Gas station assistant manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Ozark, MissouriOctober 13, 2014
I began working at Murphy USA as a cashier, but within six months, I was promoted to assistant manager. I enjoyed to job, as I am a people person, and it was different everyday. I learned how to manage for profit for the company and how to order inventory by reading report sheets of how much was sold previously. After a time, I took over as temporary – more... store manager of two different stores while new managers were being trained for the position. It was a very good learning experience, because the stores were not doing so well at the time. One of the stores in particular was back into the profit margins they should have been in within a month after I took over. – less
Unless your desperate do not work there!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, INOctober 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no breaks, no lunches, no fridge, no microwave, treats past employees like garbage, treats customers like garbage, disrespectful to employees, more work to do then time
The manager in Columbus indiana is crazy!!! treats customer like dirt..and doesn't follow the rules and regulations and blames it on other employees... Makes you feel like garbage almost everyday. Most definitely steals from the company.
good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNOctober 8, 2014
Pros: getting to go to disney world, company paid.
you learn how to handle your employees and your customers and the different situations that arise. Everyday is different. The hardest part is keeping up with the gas pumps and making sure people doesn't drive off because it can get very intense at times. But the best part was getting to know the customers and knowing what they wanted.
Strong arm company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Crawfordsville, INOctober 8, 2014
Management likes to use the fact that you need a job to coerce you into doing work that isn't your responsibility. Have no issue taking your job. Decent pay, benefits and co-workers.
Fast paced job with great benefits.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Ada, OKOctober 6, 2014
Typically a very busy work environment and you most generally worked alone. Advancement was very easy here and this company constantly praised their employees.
Management Sucks
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Corbin KYOctober 1, 2014
Pros: i was assistant manager
Cons: no breaks or lunches
Worked alone with no one there to help.
Stress levels were to the roof

1 2 3 4 5

About Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation (Murphy) is a worldwide oil and gas exploration and production company, with refining and marketing operations – Read more