Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Absolutely loved my job there!!!
Manager (Former Employee), Camrose, Alberta, canadaApril 3, 2014
I loved working there and would like think I would still be there if they hadn't closed all the Canadian stores.
Company is expanding with new opportunities and growth potential.
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 28, 2013
Work is steady; good corporate citizen; nice offices and work space.
Not The Best
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Greenville, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: learned how to work a cashregister, met a few cool people
Cons: late hours and not much chance for anything outside of work
Get there and Clock in. at that point i would find out what i was doing on top of my regular duties. most of the time i would have to clean the gas pumps and pick up the parking lot. some times i would have to train a new person while i was working since the Managers where just to busy to do it.
fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Williamston, NCApril 14, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Productive and fun workplace to in,but lack good manger skills

because the manger has cod that made it hard to work.
A Great Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNApril 14, 2014
Pros: great customers, outgoing co-workers, very easy job
Cons: no lunch break
A typical day at work is coming in to great customers. I love getting to know their lives. My co-workers are very outgoing and easy to get a long with. I worked at Murphy Oil for over a year and loved every minute of it. The rate of pay is great.
management was a joke
cashier (Former Employee), hot springs, ArApril 11, 2014
Pros: fast paced and enjoyable job if you love people like i do
Cons: no breaks and poor management
When I first started, the manager was okay. He wasn't nice, but he wasn't mean. After a day or two, he would snap and say 'are you stupid?" and act like a jerk. He would expect the best out of me but why should I show someone respect when they aren't showing me any? I understood that this was his first job ever but that doesn't mean for him act this – more... way. He didn't even train me properly. I had to call two different people for help. And whenever I saw him he would point out what I did wrong. If he wasnt yelling at me about what i did wrong that woukd be one thing. But he knows no respect. I wasn't trained adequately and tried my best. Its no wonder the turnover rate is much higher than the average median for this position. I like the company, but I didnt like the manager. People skills should really be a must for a manager in my eyes. Everyone else I worked with were nice and understanding. – less
very fun to work, had contest to bet other co-workers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fayette, ALApril 10, 2014
Pros: bonus from time to time
I love people, and having fun while working, and the customers help make that happen. I loved doing inventory and placing the orders and had 4 employees under me. Asst manager here was wonderful.
Think Twice!
Casher (Former Employee), AlabamaApril 9, 2014
Pros: you get a pay check and can say you have a job.
Cons: no lunch, no breaks, no benefits
The managers are rude, talk to you badly.
Training is crazy, 1 day of watching, 1 day of someone watching you, then you are on your own! They will leave you there alone! To handle everything!
The schedule is awful.
You never know what days, hours you will be working. Some days 2hrs, some days 9+. You might work 3 days one week, be off 3 and then working – more... 8 days in a row.
You don't get breaks, you don't get lunch, yes even with a 8hr schedule. Because you are alone!
If you have to use the bathroom, good luck. Your shift starts coming in, counting ALL cigarettes, taking over register, customer after customer, running outside to do this, or do that, stocking, cleaning, counting smokes again.
You are the only one there!! You walk out and go to stock plan on doing it on and off for 2hrs.
You are overworked, the 8.50hr is not worth it.
They tell you, you will only get 25hrs, (due to insurance) this is not true some weeks you will get almost 40hrs. – less
People Person
Clerk, Cashier (Former Employee), Hondo, TXApril 8, 2014
Wait on customers, stock merchandise, clean bathrooms and gas pumps. I got along with all of my co-workers. My manager was awesome. I learned to be a lot more patient with others. I was going through a lot when I worked here. My late husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He passed away in April of 2011.
The management is HORRIFIC.
Cashier (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCApril 8, 2014
Cons: everything
If you want to go back to the un-needed drama of your high school years then this is the place for you. If you want to have a mature work environment where your information is kept private then this is NOT the place for you. No boundaries when it comes to confidentiality and they are very rude. The hours are not consistent and never good.
Good Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Center TexasApril 7, 2014
Murphy is a great company to work for. You have to do all pump maintenance and they have good benefits
skills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Port Saint LucieApril 5, 2014
Murphy USA knows a career is more than just a paycheck and benefits. Everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy going to work each day in a positive, productive environment. It’s important to our customers, as well as our culture.
Run run
cashier (Former Employee), GaApril 2, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: no lunch breaks .not sufficent training . low pay
I should've read this before I applied. I'm living my own hell now , I start my day or night in the register ;gas lotto cigs ,I hate that lotto machine with a passion .then I try to clean a nasty bathroom while still taking care of customers / so I must stop go attend to the customers and then finish bathroom . Back to the register then stocking cigs – more... also stop and help customers ..oh stocking cigs is all night . Then I have to clean pumps sweep outside wipe counter outside take trash .. while I'm still trying to run the register. Training sucks 3 days and you left by yourself .closing is the worst cigs count lottery count ..all for 9.00 an hour:: I'm counting my days . Managment is good .employees are not team players . – less
Thw worse place I've ever worked
Cashier (Former Employee), Bristol, TnMarch 31, 2014
Pros: there is nothing good i can say
Cons: no breaks, you eat when you can, no help
Murphy USA in Bristol Tn is the worse job I've ever had. If you have a problem there is no one to go to cause the Manager and DM are best buds and you can't complain cause the manager is like go ahead I'll know before anyone else. Don't get me wrong I did like working there. But you can't talk to your manager without her saying I'll take care of it – more... and nothing never happen she just turns people against you and tells them lies. Murphy's needs to get rid of the DM and put someone else in there that can do the job She lies on her visits and after that her and the Manager goes out and smokes for a long time. The manager can do whatever she wants she says her job is to do the paperwork and make sure her truck gets there she can smoke anytime she wants her children call her 20 times a day she is always cursing while on the phone. But this is the stuff you have to put up with if you want a job there. – less
Long hours but sometimes a fun workplace.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), GAMarch 26, 2014
Great place to work at but sometimes the store manager doesn't hire the right type of employees which makes other managers lives suck.
Fun workplace working alone.
Cashier, Stocked cigarettes, etc (Former Employee), Greenfield, INMarch 26, 2014
Pros: working alone.
Cons: no breaks.
Typical day at Murphy USA was running cash register, up selling items, stocking items, cleaning the restrooms and your work area. I learned that there are some great customers that come to Murphy USA and that it is a good job if you like to be alone. The hardest part was being alone and not knowing what to do when you are still being trained. The enjoyable – more... part of the job was never running out of things to do so a normal work day by yourself would usually go pretty quick. – less
It was okay.
Asst Manager (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNMarch 26, 2014
I loved the job, but the pay was low for the amount of work, and the lower level employees were given little incentive to stay.
Best job I've had
Cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, OHMarch 25, 2014
Pros: management, pay, co-workers, raises
Working as a cashier for Murphy USA was the best job I've ever had. It was a small station, so I didn't work with anyone else longer than a few hours a shift, at most. Management was great. I worked there my whole pregnancy without a single worry that I would get canned because of maternity leave. Regular pay raises, decent pay, great place to work.
Murphy Oil is Flexible
Cashier (Current Employee), Brookhaven, MSMarch 25, 2014
Pros: meeting new people. learning to work in a solo environment.
Cons: no lunch break.
I am not sure about any other experience, but I love working at Murphy USA! You meet new people. I was able to make my own schedule. My manager is very communicative and understanding. The customers are regulars! I love it!
Ok job for someone that is desperate
Cashier (Former Employee), Irmo, SCMarch 21, 2014
Usually a day consisted of cleaning and stocking. Lottery players usually are the only customers. Rude managers and ok co workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation (Murphy) is a worldwide oil and gas exploration and production company, with refining and marketing operations – Read more