Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Absolutely loved my job there!!!
Manager (Former Employee), Camrose, Alberta, canadaApril 3, 2014
I loved working there and would like think I would still be there if they hadn't closed all the Canadian stores.
Company is expanding with new opportunities and growth potential.
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 28, 2013
Work is steady; good corporate citizen; nice offices and work space.
Productive and fun with my co workers
Cashier (Current Employee), Socorro, TXOctober 18, 2014
At Murphy, you tend to grow into a family with all other employees which makes the job easy working together, helping, and looking after one another just amazing. At times you will step into some difficulties since you are in a wide open community, dealing with the possibilities of robbers. Safety is enforced and everyday is a day of being cautious.
I was from the Top 10%, they have sent me and my wife to Dominican republic to enjoy for five days
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 18, 2014
worked there for 7 years , enjoyed working with my co workers, and also with my customers,
Hardest part of my work is to schedule some body when someone does not showup, as we have only one person to work at a time.
Gas station assistant manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Ozark, MissouriOctober 13, 2014
I began working at Murphy USA as a cashier, but within six months, I was promoted to assistant manager. I enjoyed to job, as I am a people person, and it was different everyday. I learned how to manage for profit for the company and how to order inventory by reading report sheets of how much was sold previously. After a time, I took over as temporary – more... store manager of two different stores while new managers were being trained for the position. It was a very good learning experience, because the stores were not doing so well at the time. One of the stores in particular was back into the profit margins they should have been in within a month after I took over. – less
Unless your desperate do not work there!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, INOctober 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no breaks, no lunches, no fridge, no microwave, treats past employees like garbage, treats customers like garbage, disrespectful to employees, more work to do then time
The manager in Columbus indiana is crazy!!! treats customer like dirt..and doesn't follow the rules and regulations and blames it on other employees... Makes you feel like garbage almost everyday. Most definitely steals from the company.
good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNOctober 8, 2014
Pros: getting to go to disney world, company paid.
you learn how to handle your employees and your customers and the different situations that arise. Everyday is different. The hardest part is keeping up with the gas pumps and making sure people doesn't drive off because it can get very intense at times. But the best part was getting to know the customers and knowing what they wanted.
Strong arm company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Crawfordsville, INOctober 8, 2014
Management likes to use the fact that you need a job to coerce you into doing work that isn't your responsibility. Have no issue taking your job. Decent pay, benefits and co-workers.
Fast paced job with great benefits.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Ada, OKOctober 6, 2014
Typically a very busy work environment and you most generally worked alone. Advancement was very easy here and this company constantly praised their employees.
Management Sucks
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Corbin KYOctober 1, 2014
Pros: i was assistant manager
Cons: no breaks or lunches
Worked alone with no one there to help.
Stress levels were to the roof
Overall I made a good living for my family and thats only good that came out of this.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Canton, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: rewards were won trips for outstanding service
Cons: no bathroom breaks, lunch breaks and poor communication from upper management.
I learned about the gas business and how the market goes up and down from within. I also learned that hard work pays off but when the upper management does not stand behind the staff it makes for a very disappointing workplace. the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the most unpleasant part was the poor management.
for well paced people
cashier (Former Employee), n.c.September 20, 2014
great customers

employee stock / share program

fast paced and demanding
new manager took over and she was a real b****
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sidney, OHSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: 401k, commission, not bad pay, and chance for advancement
Cons: its hard to get a break when busy because you are by yourself
i was the assistant manager the new manager took over but didnt want to work i had to do all of the gas surveys and always fill in then basically got called lazy and her daughter that didnt even work for the company started calling me lazy on social media website. if it wasn't for that management would have been a 4 instead of a 1
productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: no health care
Great customers
Great atmosphere
Fast pace work
Hate it.
Cashier (Former Employee), New Albany, MSSeptember 18, 2014
There's no telling what a typical work day is. I was alone in the kiosk, RUNNING a what had to have been a million dollar a day area. No help, hours were ridiculous, and the one time I have a drive-off, on a SATURDAY no less, when there's thousands of people coming in and out and I'm expected to keep everything cleaned, stocked, organized, handle payments, – more... make deposits, AND THE LIST GOES ON, I get FIRED. Management is gone, it's ridiculous, and I'm working doubles several days in a row. I don't know what they're doing up there now, but I hope to God they have a better system going. I would be working a 14 hour shift, and can't go right across the street to the Taco Bell for lunch because there's no one to hold down the place! Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!!! Not to mention the employees don't get paid nearly enough for everything they have to do. – less
ok
Cashier (Current Employee), Walker, LASeptember 17, 2014
Mananger was not the best due to attitude but the job was decent would not go back to that location. Main duties are ringing up item, pulling cigarettes and breaking register
Great Hours
Cashier (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: costomers where happy
Cons: one break
Good Job overall it was like running my own store that's how easy the job was.
good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: enjoy the public
Cons: very limited health car
very good place to work, had good customer relations, i learned alot about how the company runs, very easy to be promoted
fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Sanford, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: meet new peole
Cons: no breaks
a lot of stress
a lot of motivation contests to bring in sales
only one person on night shift which is not safe
Its retail it has ups and downs
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Goldsboro North CarolianSeptember 5, 2014
I have enjoyed working here its fast pace and pays the bills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation (Murphy) is a worldwide oil and gas exploration and production company, with refining and marketing operations – Read more