EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
(Term position ending August 29, 2015)
The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is seeking a highly motivated individual for our municipally owned and operated Day Care facilities. Under the guidance of the Day Care Manager and Day Care Supervisor, this full-time, term position maintains responsibility for planning and implementing safe and stimulating programs for children in accordance with the Day Nurseries Act, and the Municipality’s established procedures, guidelines and schedules.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent
- Registered with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- First Aid & CPR Training
- 6 months – 1 year relevant experience in early childhood education preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage time effectively when faced with conflicting demands
- Remain calm and courteous in stressful situations
- Effectively present information to clients in one-on-one and small group settings
- Must maintain an Oath of Confidentiality at all times
The Municipality offers a competitive wage of $27.30 per hour on April 1, 2014 as per the Collective Agreement.
The complete Job Description is available at: www.siouxlookout.ca
To apply for this opportunity, you are invited to submit a detailed resume to the undersigned. This posting will be advertised until the position is filled.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries should be directed to Human Resources. For additional information visit our website at www.siouxlookout.ca. The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is an equal opportunity employer.