Position: Financial Controller
Reports to: Chief of Port Hope Police Service
- The control of all business and financial functions for the Port Hope Police Service including the development of a strategic business/financial plan and the implementation of the associated operational objectives;
- The PHPS operating and capital budget, analysis of financials, assessment of trends, annual and long term financial planning;
- The oversight and accuracy of all accounting/financial reporting and other records;
- The administration of accounts payable and receivables;
- The administration of personnel records, payroll and related personnel matters for all PHPS employees including information in relation to labour relations and collective bargaining;
- The recommendation of new or revised policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- The administration of storage and record keeping of all property and evidence;
- The administration of service providers for equipment, facility and insurance.
(Additional details on the position may be found on-line at www.phps.on.ca in ‘Quick Links’, in the ‘Jobs and Opportunities’ section.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting/Finance/Business Management or related fields;
- Three (3) to four (4) years of Financial/Financial Analyst/Business Management or related experience;
- Successful completion of CGA or CMA designation preferred;
- Advanced strategic planning skills, organization and time management skills;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; and
- Advanced computer skills.
Salary Range: Salary Range: $64,000 to $74,000
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance coverage; OMERS pension plan
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the Attention of: ‘Financial Controller’, on or before Monday August 19, 2013 via:
Email: see email address on website
Mail: Port Hope Police Service
56 Queen St.,
Port Hope ON L1A 3Z9
ATT: Financial Controller
The Port Hope Police Service thanks all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. The Port Hope Police Service is an equal opportunity Employer. Accommodations are available, upon request, in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
The picturesque Municipality of Port Hope, located on the shore of Lake Ontario and within the hills of Northumberland County, forty-five...