Located on the shore of Lake Ontario and within the hills of Northumberland County, forty-five minutes east of the Toronto, the picturesque Municipality of Port Hope, with a population of 16,500, offers a wonderful blend of rural and urban lifestyles. Learn more about us at www.porthope.ca
Position: DIrector of Finance
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer.
- The implementation and management of financial ‘best practices’ throughout the Corporation, including audits, operational and efficiency reviews, expenditure and revenue monitoring/procedures/control, cash management and short/long term investment, debt financing, debt load oversight and financial reporting;
- Administration of the operating and capital budget, departmental budgets, capital planning and forecasting;
- Administration of the taxes and all other financial billing;
- Management of the payroll/benefits/pension, WSIB, and Insurance programs including management personnel within these functions; and
- A dedicated team of seven (7) staff.
- University degree or equivalent in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration/Finance Major;
- Professional Accounting designation (C.A., C.M.A. or C.G.A.)or successful completion of the Municipal Accounting and Finance Program (M.A.F.P.);
- Minimum seven (7) years related experience with five (5) years Management/Supervisory experience;
- Thorough knowledge of financial legislative requirements;
- Strong leadership skills combined with integrity, system thinking and a problem solving;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; and
- Excellent management skills including computer proficiency, budgeting, and financial management.
Salary Range: Salary Range: $92,073 to $111,948
Benefits: Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance coverage; OMERS pension plan
Application process: Please submit your resume on or before end of day on Monday April 22, 2013 to:
On-line Resume submission at Municipal website: www.porthope.ca
Click on Quick links, Job Opportunities, Director of Finance
Mail: Human Resources Manager
Municipality of Port Hope
56 Queen St.
Port Hope ON L1A3Z9
The Municipality of Port Hope thanks all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. The Municipality of Port Hope is an equal opportunity Employer. Accommodations are available upon request, in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Indeed - 17 months ago
The picturesque Municipality of Port Hope, located on the shore of Lake Ontario and within the hills of Northumberland County, forty-five...