The Municipality of Grey Highlands invites applications for:
Public Utilities Operator
Permanent, Full Time (40 Hours/Week)
The Municipality of Grey Highlands is presently receiving applications to fill one vacancy for the position of Public Utilities Operator. Reporting to the Director of Public Utilities, the successful candidate will perform duties in accordance to departmental and corporate work plans and priorities.
Tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- Using a variety of mechanical and technical expertise for operating vehicles, machinery, and tools for the proper maintenance, repair, and operation of municipal public utilities systems.
- Ensuring safe utilities for the public via the monitoring of quality utilities standards (samples, analysis, reports, documentation, chemical adjustments, etc).
- Maintaining equipment and various aspects of the system to ensure it is in good operational condition for safe use.
- Responsible for the duties of safe construction while working with contractors on the installation of utilities mains, and connects services to serviced lots.
- Responding to emergency calls (storms and accidents) in order to restore public utilities to pre-emergency conditions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, skills & abilities:
- A three (3) year college diploma in Environmental Sciences, or other related discipline, accompanied by a current recognized Class 1 Certificate in Water treatment, Water Distribution, Wastewater Treatment and Sewage Collections Systems.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in public utilities, preferably within a municipal setting.
- Valid G Driver's License. A valid DZ license would be considered an asset.
- A working understanding of all applicable legislation, by-laws, and policies related to public utilities in a municipal setting.
Candidates for the above position are invited to submit resumes, preferably by e-mail, referencing “Public Utilities Operator” prior to 3:30pm on Friday, July 25th, 2014 to:
Human Resources Coordinator & Assistant to the CAO
206 Toronto St. South, PO Box 409, Markdale, ON N0C 1H0
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Municipality of Grey Highlands is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. This document can be made available in other accessible formats as soon as practicable and upon request. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment. Based on the nature of the position, pre-employment screening may be required including but not limited to; Criminal Record Searches, Financial Credit Inquiries; Educational and Credential Verification; Driver’s Abstracts; Drug/Alcohol Testing; Pre-Medical Testing and Investigative Employment References.