JOB DESCRIPTION: Training Coordinator
MFOA is seeking an enthusiastic self-starter for the role of Training and Events Coordinator to assist in the fulfillment of the organisation’s training strategy. A smaller staff association, we need an individual who would like to be an active member of a dynamic team.
The Municipal Finance Officers’ Association (MFOA) is a non-profit, member-based association providing policy and training services to municipal finance officers across Ontario. Working directly with the Manager of Conferences and Training, this exceptional individual will provide leadership in the planning, coordination, and evaluation of MFOA’s training programs and member services. Working with internal staff and community members, the Coordinator is the principal conduit in which all event planning communications are handled.
- Post-secondary diploma required, preference for post-secondary degree, in a related field (preferably Marketing, Public or Community Relations, Association Management)
- One to two years of experience in training and/or events planning, preferably in the not-for-profit sector, finance sector experience an asset.
- The role requires some travel throughout the province. A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence is required and access to a car preferred for onsite transportation to training events.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, is required; knowledge and experience in the InDesign program, IMIS database and e-learning platforms, preferred.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication with marketing and communications skills; social media promotions experience is an asset.
- Project Management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and attention to detail is imperative.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals (Board executives, corporate leaders, staff and volunteers) and be self-motivated in a team environment.
- Coordinates training events which involves decision making input on venues, external resources, managing event processes, coordinating meetings, preparing and monitoring event budgets.
- Compiling final reports for training programs.
Marketing and Communications:
- Writing all communications and marketing materials for training events.
- Writes and manages content for MFOA’s monthly eNewsletter.
- Supporting two member committees: Young Professionals Network, Professional Development.
- Provides support to the Municipal Finance Internship Program (MFIP)
- Provides volunteer coordination and recognition for special events.
- Provides direction to volunteer for onsite event duties.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and salary expectations in confidence to:
Kim Varian, Manager, Conferences and Training, Municipal Finance Officers’ Association of Ontario
Indeed - 20 months ago