Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with approximately 45,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe. As an industry leader, we provide a unique opportunity to be part of a global success story. We offer our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which champions high performance, professional development, innovation and passion; and rewards top performers with a highly competitive total rewards package.
NEW GRAD OPPORTUNITY - UNDERWRITING SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The Underwriting Support Specialist will work to ensure that the processing and maintenance of underwriting data within the underwriting system is handled within the scope of defined service standards. The successful candidate will provide superior and efficient service to both Underwriting, as well as the clients of Munich Re. This is an excellent opportunity for a new or recent graduate considering a career in Underwriting or (re)insurance.
- Enter new business, changes, reinstatements and additional evidence for facultative applications into the underwriting system within the company’s daily volume and time service standards.
- Maintain Departmental workflow.
- Process updated notices on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate familiarity with clients, treaties, and products.
- Provide back up support for other members of Underwriting Support as required.
- Provide assistance to other members of Munich Re as required and subject to the underwriting department’s priorities and objectives.
- Handle client enquiries in a timely and effective client focused manner.
- Produce departmental time service and individual production stats.
- Complete facultative management reports each quarter or as required.
- Create ad hoc reports as required.
- Produce comparison reports for client companies as required.
- Provide assistance to the audit team to create internal and external audit listings.
First and foremost, the successful candidate will demonstrate a natural desire to provide exceptional client service through his/her energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a University degree or College diploma preferably in Business.
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel is required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Access is required (Advanced is considered an asset).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- A strong sense of responsibility and commitment.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Qlikview is considered an asset.
- Bilingualism both written and oral (French & English) is considered an asset.
We shape the future by offering employees the competitive framework to realize their personal and professional potential; if you are driven to take your career to the next level, it’s time to join Munich Re.
To Apply - Candidates MUST submit online by visiting www.munichre.ca
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with approximately 45,000 employees in over 50 locations around the...