Mucho Burrito

Mucho Burrito Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall staff and management
Burrito Maker (Former Employee), PeterboroughAugust 3, 2015
My overall impression was good, the other employees were the best part of my job. Management was very young and new so it was not as good as it could have been.
I just had good colleges there.
Full time Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2015
I was a supervisor there and, I like to work under pressure but some time that was too much and if something bad happen, my manager blame on me, and my salary was not different from my other colleges despite I had more responsibility.
so I decide to get out of there.
Fun to work at but could not expect raise after working with them for over 3years
burrito artist (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Fun work at
Cons: should not be expecting for raise or promotion.
I have been working with Mucho Burrito for almost over years. I had talked to manager and owner of that location to move up in Mucho Burrito as either supervisor or manager or at least get a raise, but I was denied from my right to put in more than 2.5 years for raise or any other promotion. There for i decided to look for another job with my experience.
Good food and friendly resto
Food Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 1, 2015
Pros: Medical benefits
Just like any regular fast food chain.
I learn how to prepare, serve and arrange food.
Co-workers are great.
No hard part in doing the job.
Almost all things about the job is fun.
Wonderful food and great people to work with.
Manager (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONApril 22, 2015
Open up the store, cooking food and prepping the table.
I learned how to give direction as well as all responsibilities of managing i.e, making school orders, handling customer complaints, food orders ect.
Co-workers were fantastic with learning the job and serving customers with great skills.
The hardest part of the job was not having enough time for my kids.
Most enjoyable part was the amazing people I got to work with everyday.
what I learned
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 22, 2015
Pros: promotion
Cons: got more responsibilities to handle
I learned how to work in a team & individually. It was a fast paced work environment which improved my time management skills as well. Besides my education in hospitality field dealing with all kind of customers improved my communication skills as well.
Thank You.
Very high paced, stressful environment where organization of co workers is essential for success
Supervisor (Current Employee), Ajax/ WhibtyApril 7, 2015
Pros: Life long friends, free food
Cons: Risk of burns
Managed the store for both open and close, interacted with guests, and supported the team to provide the best possible service. With respect, compassion, care, organization, and patience the food was prepared on time and prompt service was always provided. A positive attitude also attributed to a positive workplace environment,
Bad work environment
Waitress (Former Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: it was fun making food, and making people smile
Cons: mean bosses and other employees, long hours
-Being a high school student, they didn't understand that I had bigger priorities
-I learned how to have good customer service
-My co-workers and my bosses spoke another language that most of us didn't understand and it was obvious they were talking about me
-I tried so hard smiling and being a good sport but they bullied me. I was constantly moving in order to fit their constant demands. I was looked at as a child and they treated me as though I couldn't do anything.
-The bosses stole all of our tips (I never received any tips, except one guy who came for lunch physically stopped me and handed me a $10 bill)
-They never allowed me to stay home if I was sick (I had to have my mom go in to talk to them), they always made me work, way too late on school days
-They made me cry
-I quit by physically leaving in front of them bawling my eyes out
Good environment, Pleasant Management and co-workers, Flexibly Schedule
Team Member, (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: %50% off lunchs
A typical day at work i would come in clean the dishes, then begin food prep in between serving customers. I learned how to wrap a burrito and I learned how to work in a team environment.
cool restaurant with nice culture
Supervisor (Current Employee), 2002 mer bleueFebruary 9, 2015
I learnt how learn different edges and responsibilities as well as how to deliver their my experience to newer or junior staffs.
Great experience in food industry
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ajax/WhitbyJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: working with a great team of people
Cons: working up until 11:30 at night or later
As supervisor, it was my responsibility to ensure that the night would run smoothly from dinner hour up until we locked the doors for the night. In this role, I learned that there was really no such thing as a typical night, and using initiative and common sense was key in overcoming any obstacles that would come up.
My effective leadership skills paired with my dynamic group of coworkers made it possible to serve guests politely and efficiently. While serving our guests was the number one priority, making sure the closing tasks were being completed in a timely manner was a close second.
The relationship I had with management was very important, as I would be responsible for communicating any and all issues such as a guest complaint, a repair that was needed or an issue with a staff member.
The more difficult aspect of my job was keeping the spirits high among staff members during a dinner rush, which was oftentimes stressful to new employees or those who were less comfortable dealing with the fast paced environment. This was overcome by putting people in stations that were suitable for their strengths. After the rush had subsided, a quick meeting to go over everyone's strengths and weaknesses would be done so staff members would know where to improve for the next dinner rush.
What I enjoyed the most from this job was the relationships that would be built with guests that came in regularly. Not only would seeing a familiar face and remembering their order be an enjoyable moment, but it made it so that guest could be served more efficiently as well.
Fun and Intensive place to Work
Keyholder (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONDecember 30, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Mucho Burrito the staff were all very nice and inclusive. The hardest part of the job was difficult customers.
Layed Back easy going job
General Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 8, 2014
The best people to work for, family owned and operated. Flexible hours and a great staff
Fast-paced work environment that requires high levels of teamwork
Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 6, 2014
The typical work day at Mucho Burrito is highly paced and involves constant interaction with customers or co-workers. Teamwork and communication are integral elements of the job as ensuring strong customer satisfaction is highly dependent on the synergy between co-workers. Management provides you adequate training to excel in the food industry and to best solve customer-worker conflict.
Okay place to work at.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2014
High standards of customer service during high-volume, fast-paced operations.
Point-of-service computer system for automated order taking.
Procedures for safe food preparation, assembly, and presentation.
productive, fun day interacting with customers and other employees
Burrito Maestro (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: mean managers
management sucks at this job sorry to say. you learn organizational skills and prep skills. the most enjoyable part was alking with other employees and serving the customers.
You're like family!
Closer (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 31, 2014
Pros: family environment, great training, great management, delicious food
Cons: strict portioning, constant mexican music
I loved working at Mucho! I felt like a member of the family there. Everyone was super nice, management was great and super professional. And the food is delicious!

The training was supreme. I spent three days of about 4 hours each not working with customers, just being trained. They provided training videos, scales to measure your portioning, and for the first three days of training you received free food to ensure that you've tried everything on the menu! Yum!

We were quizzed to make sure we knew everything about the franchise. People who scored very lowly were let go. (Yikes!) And yes, you were expected to study this at home.

The only part I didn't really like was that the owners forced everyone to yell, "WELCOME TO MUCHO BURRITO!" within three seconds of a customer entering the store. None of the customers liked this.

And people get really snarky when you tell them that guac is an extra dollar.

Oh, and they're VERY strict with portioning. You have to practice your portioning every morning and if you don't get it exactly right, the management gets very upset. (It's a very subtle difference of full vs. heaping)

Definitely recommend working here, if you don't mind listening to mexican music 24/7
Nice work environment, friendly customers and productive co-workers
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), 130 Avenue SE, Calgary, AlbertaJuly 29, 2014
Pros: incentives for employees
Cons: breaktimes when needed to adjust.
I enjoyed working at Mucho Burrito especially dealing with customers, I gained a lot of friends from working with Mucho Burrito, I have learned a lot especially in managing the restaurant. I enjoy placing an order with the GFS and Pepsi as our main supplier of our products. With regards to work I am looking forward for professional growth/advancement that would also increase my knowledge in different category.
fast pace and fun
Customer service (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJune 25, 2014
Was enjoyable at first, but was often kept in the back doing dishes When I was told after first week or two I would be on front line dealing with customers. And it never happened. I really enjoy dealing with customers on a daily basis
Franchise
Owner (Current Employee), London, ONMay 8, 2014
please see resume for more details
owner of store with an operating manager and in process of selling