Mucho Burrito Employee Reviews

Good first-time job experience and introduction to customer service
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON25 February 2017
Mucho Burrito is a good place for first-time job seekers, giving good experience in customer service, food prep/safety, and cashier experience. Would recommend as an entry-level job such as high school or for summer students. Decent hours, however it can be a fast-paced, higher-pressure environment during busy hours like any fast-food restaurant. Management is decent and expectations are fair and clear. Bonding happens pretty quickly with co-workers, positive environment when it comes to team-work. No previous workplace experience is required when applying, although food handling experience is an asset. Bilingualism is not required, however English verbal skills are mandatory. French or Spanish is an asset.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Long hours, customer volume can get very high
Fun and productive workplace.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 January 2017
Fantastic place to work. Friendly management and team to work with. Fair wages and vacation time. Flexible schedule. You'll never get bored as there is always something to do. Customers were great. If you like to work hard this is the job for you.
Tough
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Basically doing everything from washing dishes, cooking the food, wrapping the burritos, serving customers, and managing the till. Quite a lot of work during rush hours, and low pay. However, you do get one free meal.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast paced environment, with a lot of work to handle
Needs work in Peterborough
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 January 2017
Unpredictable work environment,new owners are still learning how to mange the store effectively. The team environment was iffy at best, although great experience, learned a lot from these people.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Unpredictible hours
Mexican restaurant serving fresh, quality food.
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON9 January 2017
Even though the job involves a lot of cleaning, it is a fun environment thanks to the co-workers and the clients. The food is great as well.
Pros
Discounted food, fun environment.
Cons
Too many tasks with too little time.
New, fresh, fun!
Corporate Store General Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 September 2016
I have loved being a part of the Mucho team. Great people, great brand, and I have been able to learn and grow with support and encouragement from my head office team. What started as just another job to pay the bills turned into something that put me on a career path.
Great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON12 December 2016
.Loved working there, my co-workers were very nice. Glad I had the chance to meet all these wonderful people. I made some customers days and had the opportunity to get out of my shell and now I am a lot less shy.
Pros
Social enviroment
Cons
Rude guest sometimes
very productive , great learning culture
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 December 2016
Great experience , gained tremendous knowledge in the food industry , managed and operated all 5 locations , reach sales to exceed 1M IN ALL LOCATIONS .
better just to get another job but all muchos are not this bad
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 September 2016
this was a pretty bad job BUT a dime a dozen.
management and owners are terrible to employees and customers.
I felt really bad being stringy with people paying almost 9 dollars for a small burrito.
Cons
disorganzied, rude owners, FULL PRICE STAFF MEALS
Amazing franchise, very tideous work
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON30 June 2016
I was mostly in charge of closing shifts. There are many tasks to complete before closing the store, however my co-workers would always be a delight to work with which would make all these tasks so much easier. The management was extremely helpful and had the utmost respect for their customers. This was a great first job for me because it helped me gain many skills that are required to further advance in life such as handling cash and dealing with people.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Tideous
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2016
Good place to work and develop leadership skills. Being motivated it was easy to climb up to supervisor role and keep learning.
Pros
Free lunches, and flexibility
Cons
busy lunch times, pay
Productive, great experience and fun work environment
Cash Control an Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2016
During a typical day at work, it was fun to work as the employees and management were really friendly and helpful. They helped you out with any issues regarding work or even sometimes the best they could for your other matters. I learnt a lot about cash control and it was a great place to gain customer service experience.
Fun to work at but could not expect raise after working with them for over 3years
burrito artist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON16 June 2015
I have been working with Mucho Burrito for almost over years. I had talked to manager and owner of that location to move up in Mucho Burrito as either supervisor or manager or at least get a raise, but I was denied from my right to put in more than 2.5 years for raise or any other promotion. There for i decided to look for another job with my experience.
Pros
Fun work at
Cons
should not be expecting for raise or promotion.
Fast-Paced Mexican Food
Key Holder -Customer Service/Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON3 April 2016
Typical day is busy. Constant food preparation for the store can be hectic but makes your shift go by nicely. Co-workers are fun to be around, know how to have fun. Management is complicated and doesn't know how to properly run the store, things are not done on time, forgotten, or left to last minute. Hardest part is no proper communication between management and staff, makes it stressful at work due to lots of complaining of how things should be done. Enjoyable about the job is you can make it fun for yourself if you don't let the management issues consume you.
Pros
Security, OK Pay.
Cons
No Management, No Direction.
Great and enjoyable place tow ork
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 May 2016
Making various food products for customers, cleaning, cashing out customers.

Management was helping and understanding
Learned how to work individually and as a team
Co workers were helping and kind
Hardest part of my job was dealing with rude customers
Assisting customer was the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Free snacks
fun place to work but very stressful
Burrito Maker and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 May 2016
stressful job with constant people interactions! not much time for a break, great for people who don't like to do nothing and can keep there cool under pressure
Pros
management was great, customers were great, job is fun
Cons
stressful
I just had good colleges there.
Full time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2015
I was a supervisor there and, I like to work under pressure but some time that was too much and if something bad happen, my manager blame on me, and my salary was not different from my other colleges despite I had more responsibility.
so I decide to get out of there.
productive, fun day interacting with customers and other employees
Burrito Maestro (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 September 2014
management sucks at this job sorry to say. you learn organizational skills and prep skills. the most enjoyable part was alking with other employees and serving the customers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
mean managers
Good food and friendly resto
Food Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2015
Just like any regular fast food chain.
I learn how to prepare, serve and arrange food.
Co-workers are great.
No hard part in doing the job.
Almost all things about the job is fun.
Pros
Medical benefits
Interactive and Hard work place
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 May 2016
Mucho Burrito is a fresh Mexican grill. There are varieties of ingredients to be prepared fresh everyday. It's busy during lunch and dinner hours otherwise normal crowd. Team and Manager are good people.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
less shift hours

2.9