Mucho Burrito

Mucho Burrito Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast-paced work environment that requires high levels of teamwork
Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 6, 2014
The typical work day at Mucho Burrito is highly paced and involves constant interaction with customers or co-workers. Teamwork and communication are integral elements of the job as ensuring strong customer satisfaction is highly dependent on the synergy between co-workers. Management provides you adequate training to excel in the food industry and to – more... best solve customer-worker conflict. – less
Okay place to work at.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2014
High standards of customer service during high-volume, fast-paced operations.
Point-of-service computer system for automated order taking.
Procedures for safe food preparation, assembly, and presentation.
productive, fun day interacting with customers and other employees
Burrito Maestro (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: mean managers
management sucks at this job sorry to say. you learn organizational skills and prep skills. the most enjoyable part was alking with other employees and serving the customers.
You're like family!
Closer (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 31, 2014
Pros: family environment, great training, great management, delicious food
Cons: strict portioning, constant mexican music
I loved working at Mucho! I felt like a member of the family there. Everyone was super nice, management was great and super professional. And the food is delicious!

The training was supreme. I spent three days of about 4 hours each not working with customers, just being trained. They provided training videos, scales to measure your portioning, and – more... for the first three days of training you received free food to ensure that you've tried everything on the menu! Yum!

We were quizzed to make sure we knew everything about the franchise. People who scored very lowly were let go. (Yikes!) And yes, you were expected to study this at home.

The only part I didn't really like was that the owners forced everyone to yell, "WELCOME TO MUCHO BURRITO!" within three seconds of a customer entering the store. None of the customers liked this.

And people get really snarky when you tell them that guac is an extra dollar.

Oh, and they're VERY strict with portioning. You have to practice your portioning every morning and if you don't get it exactly right, the management gets very upset. (It's a very subtle difference of full vs. heaping)

Definitely recommend working here, if you don't mind listening to mexican music 24/7 – less
Nice work environment, friendly customers and productive co-workers
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), 130 Avenue SE, Calgary, AlbertaJuly 29, 2014
Pros: incentives for employees
Cons: breaktimes when needed to adjust.
I enjoyed working at Mucho Burrito especially dealing with customers, I gained a lot of friends from working with Mucho Burrito, I have learned a lot especially in managing the restaurant. I enjoy placing an order with the GFS and Pepsi as our main supplier of our products. With regards to work I am looking forward for professional growth/advancement – more... that would also increase my knowledge in different category. – less
fast pace and fun
Customer service (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJune 25, 2014
Was enjoyable at first, but was often kept in the back doing dishes When I was told after first week or two I would be on front line dealing with customers. And it never happened. I really enjoy dealing with customers on a daily basis
Franchise
Owner (Current Employee), London, ONMay 8, 2014
please see resume for more details
owner of store with an operating manager and in process of selling
productive and fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours when busy
staff and employees were great and workplace was managed pretty well.
Was a ok place to work.
Burito Maker (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 27, 2014
Not much I can say about a fast food Mexican restaurant. I had a good boss and co workers, it just was not a good fit for me.
Hard work isn't appreciated - very frustrating experience
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), PickeringApril 18, 2014
Pros: deals on food, the kind of work you do, nice/friendly staff for the most part
Cons: managers
I worked really hard there, tried talking to customers as I simultaneously prepared food not only to establish a happy/positive energy in the environment, but to bring the customers back. My managers kept pulling me aside and threatening to fire me even though I was working nonstop every shift, taking shorter breaks to help out, while others would be – more... going into the freezer to text or call people randomly, going on smoke breaks when it wasn't even their break time. It made absolutely no sense. They were hard on me for no reason...

At the second Mucho Burrito I worked at I had a manager who asked my availability then when I was hired, they gave me shifts at the times I said I wasn't available (I had no way of getting there and would have bussed but there was no bus heading that way) so they basically said "sorry, this isn't going to workout' even though they agreed to give me shifts at different times when I had a vehicle available. Also, they didn't pay me for training, had to do it for free (which I don't mind to be honest), but I know most places pay their new staff for training so they basically took advantage of me because I worked the training all for free then they said it wasn't going to workout. – less
Unorganized, hectic workplace.
Server (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONApril 7, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: under-staffed
I have a very positive attitude so I always tried to make the best of my job. Every day I was responsible for coming in to prep all the food for the day whilst still serving every customer. Staff members are friendly. Not very organized or team-oriented which I believe each workplace should be.
Worst place to work !
Part timer (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 25, 2013
Cons: everything
This was the worst place I have ever worked.
You are expected to be on call all of the time, and call them every morning to see if they need you to come in that day, of if they still need you to work your shift.

The staff are yelled at when they make one little mistake if they use too much meat for example.

The meat is cooked in an oven taken out – more... and cut open to see if it's cooked and when it's still raw put it back in the oven and use that same contaminated knife to cut the cooked meat.

The boss of the Barrie locations yells at his wife infront of staff and customers.

Very unprofessional and unsanitary place to work. Worst job experience I have ever had. – less
Working condition
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2013
I have been working for Mucho Burrito from pasr 1 year and 6 months. It teaches me a lot in my personnel life.
Review of Mucho Burrito
Waitress (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: lots work
It is a fun place to work, everyone are really passionate about their

jobs.
Good workplace
Cashier / Key holder (Current Employee), Mississauga OntarioFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: happy enviroment, face paced
Cons: inconsitent pay
I enjoy working here it is fun and fast paced. I like always moving
productive fun fast paced enviroment
Cook, Hostess (Former Employee), West Melbourne, FLApril 9, 2014
open close prep food cook food serve food cash guest out fun fast paced enviroment makes day fly by fast enjoyed working with people and being able to satisfy them