Mucho Burrito Employee Reviews in Canada

Upbeat, friendly workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 18, 2016
The staff is great and very easy to get along with. Never boring as there is always something to do. Generally very fast-paced.
Pros
Employee Discount on delicious food!
fun place to work but very stressful
Burrito Maker and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 14, 2016
stressful job with constant people interactions! not much time for a break, great for people who don't like to do nothing and can keep there cool under pressure
Pros
management was great, customers were great, job is fun
Cons
stressful
Great and enjoyable place tow ork
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 8, 2016
Making various food products for customers, cleaning, cashing out customers.

Management was helping and understanding
Learned how to work individually and as a team
Co workers were helping and kind
Hardest part of my job was dealing with rude customers
Assisting customer was the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Free snacks
The worst
Cook/Clean/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 6, 2016
Really horrible workplace and employees, the customers were rude and so were the employees, very disorganized and not fun at all
Not The Best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONApril 13, 2016
Angry Management, Mean Co workers, Agressive Customers, Rushing constatntly, I barely Learned anything. nobody properly trained me.
Pros
50 percent off one meal per shift
Cons
Angry Manager, Gossiping Co Workers
Fun to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 8, 2016
It was nice having targets to reach every day, there were specific accomplishments that had to be done after every shift that had me very encouraged to keep going. I learned that it easy to learn something you never thought you could do. I learnt how to balance work, school, and my personal life. It was amazing how much more I could do with so much less time. The managers were very friendly, they were very patient with teaching me, and helped me a lot when I needed the help. Even when mistakes were made there were there to show me how to fix it, and what could help me not repeat such a mistake. The team was very lively, we were almost a family. We welcomed new co-workers very nicely, and we were also there for one another; Mucho Burrito introduced us to new people whom soon became close friends. The hardest part of the job was keeping the customers happy while they were waiting in a huge line. This helped me greatly with my social skills. I was able to make small talk with the customers which helped them forget about the wait and enjoy their wait. Lastly, the best part of the job was wrapping the burrito! It was one of my biggest accomplishments. Having rice, beans, meat, salad sauce in one pita was very hard to keep together without it falling apart. This has us all practicing our rolling on anything outside the workplace; with paper, foil, anything that could be wrapped was wrapped.
Fast-Paced Mexican Food
Key Holder -Customer Service/Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONApril 3, 2016
Typical day is busy. Constant food preparation for the store can be hectic but makes your shift go by nicely. Co-workers are fun to be around, know how to have fun. Management is complicated and doesn't know how to properly run the store, things are not done on time, forgotten, or left to last minute. Hardest part is no proper communication between management and staff, makes it stressful at work due to lots of complaining of how things should be done. Enjoyable about the job is you can make it fun for yourself if you don't let the management issues consume you.
Pros
Security, OK Pay.
Cons
No Management, No Direction.
Learned basic job skills -Learned how to multitask -Excelled in time management -Gained people skills -I am now more patient and understanding.. tra
Burrito Barista (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Learned basic job skills
-Learned how to multitask
-Excelled in time management
-Gained people skills
-I am now more patient and understanding.. traits I did not have prior to being hired at Giant Tiger
Fun and very caring work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Everyday was a new challenge and a better day.
Learned more of customer service.
Management was great and well organized.
Co-workers were understandable, kind and helpful.
There was no hardest part of this job, it was perfect.
Enjoyable part was to work with this brand and to work for this brand.
Pros
50% employee discount.
Cons
Good store timings and great work hours.
Fun place to work
Key Holder / Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Decent place to work , fun environment.
co workers were very easy to get along with.
I've learnt a lot about customer service.
fast work.
server/cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2016
i learned to be super quick and efficient also never to waste time. i always found work to do even if it's not mine, i love to get stuff done.
Pros
half of lunches
Cons
terrible pay
horrible manager childish work environment
Casual Dining Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONNovember 22, 2015
its like being in highschool all over again. I would not recommend anyone work here unless you can live with Drama & backstabbing
Excellent Co-workers
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton/Stoney Creek OntarioNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time working there with the co-workers. I do have a problem with the management. It seems they have a habit of Hiring people and letting go just before three months and hiring new staff which is unfail.
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONNovember 7, 2015
Its a good place to work as I enjoy serving the customers and preparing their food to their maximum satisfaction.Also, I place order from the suppliers and take care of the inventory control. Sometimes, it gets very busy and the customers are very demanding and unreasonable, but that is the part of the job. My superiors are very supportive. Overall, its a good place to work. Recommended highly to polish your customer service skills.
productive , Customer Interactive, friendly, Knowledge about cuisine
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Missisauga, onOctober 16, 2015
It was great to work with Mucho Burritto for more thatn 3 years but as i realised for my own personal growth there is a limitation as i could not grow after certain level and that was not enough for me.
To be associated with a big company to get an exposure of a market trends in Canada, for that i am very much open with the any field of work and not just to stick with food industry but any other industry.
Pros
Customer Interactive
Cons
Long hours with minimum seating facility
It is great experience working over there.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  OttawaOctober 4, 2015
I learned many things over there about team work, to handle various customers at a time and to provide good customer service.I enjoyed serving the customer by fulfilling their requirements. I like the friendly atmosphere at my work place.
Fun and polite work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  red deerSeptember 22, 2015
Nice place to work. Everybody works as a team and I never felt left behind. The work space is very sanitary and kept clean at all times.The work is fast-pace and sometimes the breaks are scattered. My co-workers were hardworking and answered any questions I had. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Discount, friendly, clean
Cons
long hours, scattered breaks, on your feet a lot
FUN
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  VANCOUVERSeptember 22, 2015
ABILITY TO BUILD A TEAM WORK,WORKING WITH PASSION,TIME MANAGEMENT.LEARNING HOW TO HANDLE A COSTUMER CONFLICT. DOING A SCHEDDULES. BALANCE TIME AND MANAGEMENT.
Pros
LEARNING HOW TO MAKE FRESH FOOD
Cons
LONG HOURS
fun workplace with my co-workers
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  calgary, albertaAugust 31, 2015
i learned so much things in this company especially doing food preparations.i enjoyed working with my colleagues and learned from them as well.
A good experience with customers
store front (Former Employee) –  torontoAugust 19, 2015
Good workplace with a great team .
Decent amount of politics.Great amount of customer service experience . Learned to work under peek hours of lunch and dinner