MTS Systems Corporation Employee Reviews

Stressful, but rewarding work.
Mechanical Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN16 October 2017
A four 10 hour shift is very nice to work, but there is usually some mandatory OT with the shortage of staff. My direct supervisor is a really neat guy, but the managers above him have been frustrating to work under with how they handle OT. Training has been lacking, as I am the only employee in my work area that knows how to do certain key tasks. This becomes very overwhelming to me, because people are usually waiting to the product to come from me so that they can keep working. Most of the people I work with are really easy going and patient with each other. While it's sometimes stressful to get the work done, it's rewarding when we send out a high quality product.
Human resources team rocks!!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN30 August 2017
MTS is not only about working as a team but having FUN as a team and networking within other teams!! A lunchroom on-site is TERRIFIC!! Outside patio is a bonus
Pros
Team outings and lots of lunch gatherings
Cons
deadlines are a no go - try to beat the deadlines before the deadline
Was a great job
Lead Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MI28 August 2017
Driver manager doesn't care got sick and they cut me no job love the dispatch, owner is reachable just call great company it is to bad they hire anyone was a great work place mechanics are top notch
Pros
Money, home life, tractors and traliers, benefits
Cons
Dont care
productivity and fun work environment
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CA18 August 2017
a typical work day would include the completion of daily task critical to the job i love to learn how to better communicate with clientele and form positive relationships and bonds
Fun but expensive products
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN17 August 2017
Product are high performance but expensive. Company must figure out how to standardize sub-assemblies to attain cost advantage while maintaining mass customization.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Inability to implement strategy
public servant
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA16 August 2017
Being a bus driver is challenging. You have to learn many things such as pre-trips, airbrakes, etc. The great thing about transit is that they do paid training. Before you get behind the wheel they pay for your test and license, (about $3000 in total). You need to learn all of San Diego if not, you get lost! And there is nothing worse than a bus full of angry passengers!
Pros
Free commercial DL
Cons
split shifts
Bad Management Culture
Senior Application Engineer, Global Materials (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN15 August 2017
Management has got into a vicious cycle of micromanaging everything to meet monthly and quarterly goals.

No-one seems to listen to people that actually do the real work
MTS is an excellent company to work for - excellent shared values.
Transducers Engineering Lab Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN26 July 2017
MTS Systems Corporation Inc. is an excellent company to work for; it has shared values that easily attract any serrious minded employee - accountabillity where one is empowered to make daily decisions and accept responsibility for his/her performance, intergrity, respect, amongst many. At MTS, we are constantly appreciated for hard work, innovation, and passion. Of prime importance and interest to me, the company thrives to invest in employess, technology and solutions so as to meet and exceed our customers' expectation.
It was ok to work at MTS
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas city ks16 May 2017
Well one is for sure there MTS lot is small, so you have to learn to park Trailers real close to gather, if you like tight holes, you will like MTS, only way to make a living there is to put a lot of hours in, if you like working a lot of hours, you will like MTS
Pros
You drive fairly new trucks
Cons
17 dollars hr
Good
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  MN17 April 2017
It's very nice working with MTS & I would like to recommend to thi8s company.They are very friendly nature when they are working with outsource.........
Great Company
Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA4 April 2017
public job with great experiences, great benefits, great people, strict schedule, watched like a hawk, learn patients in the outside world, lots of advancement
Pros
great benefits
Cons
horrible schedule
Review summary
Purchaser/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN31 March 2017
Great place to work. Challenging with many opportunities to make a difference in the overall success of the company. The employee base is committed to the company.
轻松的工作环境
海外销售副总监 (Former Employee) –  深圳市9 March 2017
高层管理与基层员工严重脱节,中间断层出现空洞。
全球战略目标与实际分支机构的运营管理形成了错层,盲目追求增长而忽略水面下的暗流涌动的危机......!
Pros
国际性的福利待遇
Cons
晋升空间有限
Brilliant co-workers
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN27 January 2017
I have been with MTS for almost two years. When I interact with the employees across the business I am reminded how smart and passionate my co-workers are. I especially appreciate their desire to help our customers. Like most companies, MTS has cultural and political opportunities. Perception is reality; therefore, if I perceive the challenges and change negatively, I will say it's bad to be at MTS. However, I perceive the challenges and change positively. It's not easy to do this at MTS, and it wasn't easy to do it at my past employers.
Pros
Mostly a lot of smart people working together to solve one of a kind problems
Cons
Some of the political biases halt collaboration and inclusion
Nice place to work but contract
Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN26 November 2016
After being contract for a year and half I should have been brought on and permanent. Management would not hire me but wanted to contract me again. They kept me at contract for the benefits they would have to pay
Pros
Cons
no time off at all. working 5 days at 10 hrs. and everyone else worked 4 days
Not good for contract/consultants
Electrical Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN19 September 2016
Pros
-Very flexible when it comes to family schedules.
-A few of the staff are welcoming.

Cons
-Don't get comfortable. Very unstable.
-They use consultants to avoid severance packages.
-Current software is 20 years old.
-Nothing documented well. Culture is very "tribal knowledge".
-Older employees not as welcoming.
-No room for advancement.
-Separation for contract/consultants very unprofessional.
Pros
Good onsite cafeteria.
Cons
You will not be able to pack your belongings.
Lots of required over time. Very short staffed
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN18 September 2016
Short staff is a problem and management isn't doing much about it. Incompetent employee(s) is also an issue. Both issues are significant in a lot of the overtime hours. It doesn't seem to be acknowledged closely.
Pros
The overtime at least is extra money.
Cons
Monday-Friday feels miserable. Not much of a life.
Not Recommended for Consultants
Electrical Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN15 September 2016
Very flexible for those with families. Consultants are kind of outsiders by older staff. No ability for advancement for consultants. Culture is a lot of "tribal knowledge" not much hard documentation.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not as welcoming for consultants
Great place to work with good people, good compensation, decent management
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC23 August 2016
All in all a good place to work. I learned a lot about the shipping process. The coworkers were fun to be around, management was decent. It was not a hard job at all, and the coworkers made it enjoyable.
Pros
coworkers, compensation, management
Cons
n/a
Management and training woes
Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN18 August 2016
Had wanted to get a position here for years, and was very disappointed when I finally was hired. The mentor/trainee system is flawed, with every mistake and misstep logged in your file. The mentors have no experience in training others, and if they go to management with a complaint, it's taken as fact with no input from or interaction with you. Pay and benefits are fairly good, but not worth getting cussed at all day by your trainer while management looks on.
Benefits
Cons
Working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTS Systems Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.