MTS Allstream Employee Reviews

Work
Technical Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2016
Co-workers very nice and easy to ask assistance from. The work was interesting even though it seemed like some people did not want to explain in detail when I asked
Disappointing
Business /Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
A mid-range telecom company that had a lot of potential for growth but a lack of leadership, it was disappointing to see opportunities pass them by
Awesome company and friendly worker
Pro-actively supporting Sales team and customer. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 11, 2016
My typical day at work are:
- looking forward working with my coworker and the customer.
- Following up daily with customer for any update, voicemail and email.
- Following up with internal group for any missing information, and providing updates.
- I do work with the best group and management, we all have meeting once a week to talk about issue, new process, and offer help if needed.
- The hardest part of the is leaving my friends at work when my company downsized.
- The best part of the job is going to work each day and knowing I am helping the customer, and seeing the company grow.
Pros
Awesome company to work for
Cons
Missing working for the company.
Good management, Good people, work remotely is the biggest benefit
Senior Business Analyst (Sales BI) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
Enjoyed working with the people, Great manager and director, decent salary, best part of job was ability to work remotely a few days of the week.
Pros
remote work
Great company to work for
Customer Order Entry Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 3, 2016
MTS/Allstream is a great company to work for, my 41 years of service speak to that. Full of challenges demanding and exciting.

I had a career in accounting and then i decided to take a new challenge in Customer Service and I learned how to deal with operations side of the company. It give me a total new view of the company.
The hardest part of the job is making sure all the customers are satisfied at the end of the day and leave with a positive experience.

the most enjoyable part of the job is that the customers are happy and it delivering services on time

Pros
Company bonuses, excellent benefits, continuing education, great work facilities, flexable hours, working from home capabilities, great colleagues
Cons
I don't have a negative feel at this time
Allows for growth
Workforce Management/Forecast Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
Allstream has allowed for growth the time I have been here at this company however I am looking for a change with no hard feelings.
Small Company Feel
Communication Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
Good company to work for, Unionized Role so compensation was decent.

Felt like the encouraged advancement, and helped you achieve that next step. If you wanted.
Pros
Union Shop - Training Opportunities - Management
Cons
Union Shop -
Great People
Payment & Auditing Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  TorontoOctober 16, 2015
The people are great to work with, it's what makes the entire company. The service we offer to customers and to each other is hard to find in this industry.
Great place to start your career
Mid-Market Technical Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 6, 2015
Had opportunity to try many different roles which I liked. This was important for me to gain some experience and get my feet wet. Eventually you do need to jump ship for a real salary increase.
Pros
Family like environment
Cons
Constant strategy change
Excellent Company
Communication Technician / Order Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 2, 2015
MTS Allstream was an excellent company to work for. My days was spent been extremely busy dealing with customers and Project Managers and ensuring that my customers were happy.
It is a very harsh environment to work in
Project Coordinator - Various Projects (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Failed sale of Allstream and mismanagement of funds diverted to the sale of the company ended up causing layoff of the employees instead of senior management.
Pros
Smart People, minimum red tape
Cons
Very negative environment
What I learned
CT1 Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed being able to speak to clients over the phone and be able to assist them with any issues they were having. As a student in school, being able to use the knowledge I had acquired through my Cisco courses were very helpful.
Pros
Speaking over the phone
Cons
Clients were not always happy
Good working environment
Order Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
The people in Bell Canada Gateways was fun to work with. We had weekly fun meetings.It was a casual environment.This was my first job in Allstream and i was welcomed with a smile
Pros
free lunches
Cons
company reorg
Poor place to work
na (Former Employee) –  torontoFebruary 3, 2015
Horrible place to work, besides the company being racist, and not paying employees what there owed, I would not recommend this job to anyone. If you are of race or any kind do not apply, if you are white with blonde hair green eyes, this job is right for you. Bringing a Client for over 100 thousand dollars and not getting a cent of it.

co-workers are just plain dumb
mangers just play games all day and let others do there work
i learned that this job is only for white people
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, being exploited, and the race factor
Great experience
IP Circuit Designer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 7, 2014
Company closed office in Manitoba. company was a great place to work at.
learning and productive place
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBOctober 29, 2014
how to use advance network instrument also i learn how to face every day new situation.
Overall positive experience.
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2014
Fast paced and exciting challenge. Excellent management and co-workers. Good salary and benefits. Strong support from all aspects of management.
fast pace environment
Building mechanic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 9, 2014
extremely important date service provider no room for error ,crucial data service
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
oncall 24/7 365
Excellent place to work
Network Change Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Excellent place to work, unfortunately at this moment company not doing well, have to re balance lot's of employees
Challenging but productive workplace
Senior Network Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2013
The work environment was nice. Many learning opportunities through discussions within team and cross functional peers.