MTE Logistix Employee Review

View all MTE Logistix reviews

Poor management
Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 December 2013
A company with great growth potential but too focused on micromanagement and inexistent succession plan. The opportunities of advancement are directly subjective to one of the top manager's empiric criteria; which means someone will advance within the company only if such manager “thinks” the candidate can handle the job, instead of encouraging people to apply for it and go through the whole screening process in order to determine his/her previous experience, set of skills, and qualifications.
Some shifts are overloaded of work; for instance, there is a high pressure to earn impossible speeds to realize the daily tasks in order to finish them before the end of the shift. Their technology system is very obsolete, they use more than one system to control the inventory and most inventory movements are done manually, which represents a high risk for human error; however, ZERO mistakes are tolerated.

Overall pad pay for the amount of work.
Good co-workers
Work load so heavy that most of the time is impossible to take breaks

Other MTE Logistix Employee Reviews

Decent job..But . . .
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2018
Place is decent. Very clean, lots of room. Most of the people there are pretty good
Decent place to work, Job is relatively easy.
Very poorly organized. Outdated system. Very high daily quota. Not enough Hours.
good atmosphere, decent pay
Everything else
It's not in my nature to complain.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2018
I want people to understand that I am a hard worker, and never have much to complain about when I have officially left a job. This job was different for me.
-Management was the worst I have ever experienced. I had to wait 2 hours for product to come to the pick line before.
-A few managers in particular (who have been working for 10+ years and probably won't be leaving soon) tended to "police" rules like wearing gloves, over more important issues.
-No benefits, very difficult to reach a full-time position. Friend of ours jus reached FT after 2 years, and being laid off.
-If the shift you were hired on disappears, they will lay you off and re-offer you a job with a different schedule.
-Made it difficult to apply for EI (Employment Insurance).
-They really treat their warehouse employee's terribly. I have worked for 3 warehouses, and this is the only one I can say is actually unsafe.
Example: Someone was knocked out on shift, and didn't remember what happened. First Aid then moved him before trying to help.

Overall my experience was bad. Pay was alright and plenty of chances to leave early which was nice. If it rains there will be water all over the warehouse. They are unionized and have a lot of old employees that aren't the best.

Sorry for the Essay. Really don't want anyone to be jerked around the way I was. I was just an Order Picker and always hit targets.
Opportunity to leave early
Worst place I have ever worked, bad management, unsafe, unsafe, and very unsafe.