MSX International

MSX International Employee Reviews

Hands-off Contracting Company
Metallurgical Technician Contractor (Current Employee) –  Three Rivers, MI26 September 2016
Relatively transparent management: duties distributed to contract host site/supervisors.

Consistently available HR/Representatives for any needs not handled by the on-site personnel/management.

Paper-thin benefits. Practically non-existent holiday time.

Quirky payroll system: frequent errors, but I think the payroll company is third party. MSX corrects payroll issues promptly and with good integrity, but rely on their employees to report issues.
Pros
Flexible, easy to contact.
Cons
Benefits, holidays, error-riddled payroll system.
Great people to work with
Special Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MI8 April 2016
Management need to listen to the their employees on what it takes to keep customers and what it take to make a cohesive work environment. No pay raises in several years and slow to promote.
• Co-ordinate with development and testing teams conducting release status meetings and provide assistance when required. • Conduct weekly Enterprise
Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI25 August 2016
• Managed the deployment activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less Ssh communication between the servers.
• Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files
• Managed branching and Merging in a multi-project environment.
• Managed the entire Release Communication and Co-ordination process
Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI31 October 2016
• Work with teams at different locations and time zones and perform release readiness meetings.
• Document and maintain sprint planning workbooks for future release references.
• Improve customer experience by reducing planned downtime through fewer release windows.
Great work environment, tedious work, no room for improvement.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MI3 October 2016
Great work environment, tedious work, no room for improvement. Hours are very flexible and everyone is easy to work with.
Great place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Work from home office.16 July 2016
Each team is highly qualified and supportive of other team members. Work schedules allow for time at home working from a home office.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Benefit package
Customer Relations Analyst
Customer Service Analyst/Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MI19 February 2013
I worked as an analyst and in management for many years. Upper management was very difficult to work with & where self-serving individuals. When times got tough, they looked out only for themselves. Managers received bonuses for keeping the working employees pay down. Raises/compensation for a job well done were minimal, if any. Employees went many years without adequate raises. Basically being strung along & lead to believe when things got better we would be rewarded…..which never happened. My experience was very poor.
Pros
received bi-weekly pay checks
Cons
little support from upper management, not family friendly, poor compensation
not enough pay
customer service (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI11 November 2015
doing double the work and will not get a raise and not happy with my position wish to get back into makeup No a GREAT place to work
Not a good place to work after 2002
A/P Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI7 February 2016
Good co-workers in Corporate Payables and Payroll. Great supervisor. Upper management very hard to work with and my department head was very vindicative.
Very Unstructured
SR. SAP BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MI13 February 2016
I have yet to meet my account manager. Once your placed, MSX account managers don't seem to check on you or care to. I have been placed at Ford Trading Company for almost one year and have yet to get any feed back from my account manager. My direct supervisor asks me to contact my account manager, but when I explain that I have yet to meet her, he says well it's my responsibility to get in contact with MSX and that he won't give me direct feedback, even though I work with him 8 hours of the day.
Good times and their were some not so good.
Warehouse Associate/Forklift driver/Van driver (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI23 January 2013
Lots of changes within the 16 years being employed their, Company
Changed names and changed management. Was able to move around and do various Warehouse Operations and we did have alot
changes. Warehouse work could be assisting Order takers to fulfilling orders, Upkeeping of the warehouse area, restocking supplies, and moving skids with hi-los. Every day could be totally
different things to do
Pros
for along time we had job security till 2000 when company got taken over
Cons
change in managment and the deterioration of jobs being developed
Sociable, Mostly Unsupervised, Multi-tasking, Pleasant Work Environment, Great Mangement
Mailroom/Scanner/Data Entry/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI4 September 2013
A typical day at MSX International was pleasant, easygoing, relaxed, busy, with cultured co-workers and management. The work required one to be detail oriented and well organized. I learned several new skills being employed with this company! No complaints.
Pros
Various Jobs
Cons
Overall good place to work to gain entry level office experiene
Specification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Flint, MI25 June 2015
Overall good place to work to gain entry level office experience. Face paced office environment. Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure in order to meet metrics. This is not a place for socializing, and must be able to work independently to get work done in a timely manner.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Costly Benefits
Faurecia: Growing organization
Human Resource Generalist/Temporary (Former Employee) –  Saline, MI17 October 2013
MSX is the sourcing agent I was employed with, my placement was temporarily with Faurecia (a commodity supplier). Faurecia is a growing company, making strides to create workable policies and procedures (here in America).
A typical day was addressing employee issues, working with union related hearings and grievances. Coaching supervisors and reporting to management measurable's related to human capital (attendance, training, hiring/terminations). Co-workers were a cohesive team, supporting individual efforts while working as a team. The hardest part of the job was the lack of policies or the limited degree of the policies in place, while working in a union environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to create, coach and train staff.
Pros
The ability to develop and create policies, implementation and coach staff
Cons
High turnover rate of hourly employees, after investing in orientation, training, etc.
Professional workplace
Incentive and Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Str. Infopark sétány No 3/I, 1117 Budapest25 September 2013
-Active treatment of complaints which needs legal advisor, cooperating with legal advisor
Assisting/advising dealer network on complaint handling, cooperating with other departments
Call calibration of front office, measure the quality of calls of Nissan call centre based in Ireland
Approval of Goodwill requests, Providing trainings for dealers, Set up the Incentive campaigns, Providing incentives for dealers, Handling the Incentive claims, Creating Incentive reports
- very good working area with great people, multilingual, funny, cooperation
Pros
travelling, free lunch
SUPPLIER support (Former Employee) –  Michigan30 December 2015
This company is not very organized and does not offer much in the way of "Employer of Choice". Nice group, but unorganized and everyone loves to pass the buck.....
Productive place to work - but very limited advancement
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Mi30 April 2015
Accounts Receivable duties. Learned working independently. Management not worker friendly. Coworkers fantastic. Hardest part of job was dealing with management. Enjoyable part was assisting customers and coworkers.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Healthcare
Supportive
PROJECT Manager (Current Employee) –  Colchester, ENG6 August 2014
MSXI is very supportive in growth and development.

A typical day at work does not exist as my department is always changing. There are difficulties like any job role as well as rewards for working hard.

The hardest part of the job is the constant change. It is OK to change frequently, however this is a complex position and can often change a few times a week. It is welcomed challenge, however it can be intensive.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the success in developing a department; both in Staff Management and Project Planning.
Pros
Project Planning
Cons
Can encroach on personal time.
Senior Engineer For Vehicle Development
Senior Engineer For Vehicle Development (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MI21 October 2015
MSX is an international contract engineering company providing outside engineering services to automotive manufactures worldwide. As the Senior Engineer of a very young team, my position was as much mentoring and teaching as well as overseeing vehicle development.
It has a good team working for it, however the managers dont keep you informed.
Helpdesk Engineer (Current Employee) –  The Octagon, Colchester5 May 2012
It is a desk job. 8 Hour day
Learned alot about vehicle maint & tech updates.
The management are god people but they need to keep the teams updated with information.
My co workers are excelent.
Having to follow the processes are hard as we all know in life that nothing is the same and things change.
Getting vehicles fixed correctly is enjoyable.
Pros
we get very cheap medical/ dental cover.
Cons
no pay rise for the last 2 years.