MSX International Employee Reviews

Rather good than bad place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MI14 April 2017
Worked there for a while. Coworkers are very nice, but this is it. Compensation, benefits, management - very bad. I would not recommend this place to my friends.
Pros
Nice coworkers, very friendly place to work
Cons
Low compensation, poor management, bad benefits
Technical job that was fun
Diagnostic Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit28 February 2017
Most of the time this job was fun. Learning and having fun doing it was a pleasure to go into work, usually. Left the job and moved due to a bad boss, believe he was fired after I left.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Bad boss
Good company, hard work
Carryover Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MI19 February 2017
MSX requires fast paced, skilled employees, but it compensates well with solid benefits, good pay, and flexible hours. The office culture is rather relaxed and easy going, with an emphasis on task completion over micromanagement.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly environment
Cons
Difficult work requirements
My supervisor was very professional and fun to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI9 February 2017
I enjoyed working at MSX International. The job was rewarding and the people I worked with were great. The benefits package though, leaves A LOT to be desired.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Benefits cost you too much
Over all work
Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MI21 January 2017
MSX was an awesome place to work at. Management care about their employees. I learned a lot there from being a regular employee to growing into a supervisor. I always enjoyed going to work and would work overtime if needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was how management was always there for their employees and they made you feel like family.
Pros
feeling like family
Cons
Didn't work this college education
Nice people to work with.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI13 January 2017
Expect to be overworked and underpaid & stressed out. The company is struggling right now, and they just got bought out. Very nice people to work with though. I had a great, helpful, & understanding supervisor. The flexibility with your schedule is a nice thing to have. Heath insurance plans are not good & very expensive, no 401k match, no tuition reimburment, no perks really not even allowed to wear jeans on a Friday and they never had visitors. Sounds like people were happy with other locations so that's good, but unfortunately not here.
Pros
Flexible with schedules
Cons
Benefits, poor management, no room for advancement, no real training offered. Pay.
great company
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MI29 December 2016
Automotive staffing agency; offer benefits (medical, dental, vision etc.) and 401(K). Fast paced, managed over 1,500 employee files in counting.
Pros
will work with work schedule at times
Cons
provide little to no room for errors
Very professional organization.
Dealership Consultant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR16 November 2016
I have the responsibility to contact dealerships to plan training sessions and make the needed arrangements for travel/lodging.
Personnel at retail dealerships are constantly changing making training a challenge from contact to contact.
There is a great deal of experience and support within MSXi and assistance is always just a phone call away. Training is rewarding when you see your students take charge and operate at a much higher level than they did prior to your training.
Pros
The opportunity to meet different people from all over the US.
• Co-ordinate with development and testing teams conducting release status meetings and provide assistance when required. • Conduct weekly Enterprise
Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI31 October 2016
• Work with teams at different locations and time zones and perform release readiness meetings.
• Document and maintain sprint planning workbooks for future release references.
• Improve customer experience by reducing planned downtime through fewer release windows.
Great work environment, tedious work, no room for improvement.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MI3 October 2016
Great work environment, tedious work, no room for improvement. Hours are very flexible and everyone is easy to work with.
Hands-off Contracting Company
Metallurgical Technician Contractor (Current Employee) –  Three Rivers, MI26 September 2016
Relatively transparent management: duties distributed to contract host site/supervisors.

Consistently available HR/Representatives for any needs not handled by the on-site personnel/management.

Paper-thin benefits. Practically non-existent holiday time.

Quirky payroll system: frequent errors, but I think the payroll company is third party. MSX corrects payroll issues promptly and with good integrity, but rely on their employees to report issues.
Pros
Flexible, easy to contact.
Cons
Benefits, holidays, error-riddled payroll system.
Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI25 August 2016
• Managed the deployment activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less Ssh communication between the servers.
• Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files
• Managed branching and Merging in a multi-project environment.
• Managed the entire Release Communication and Co-ordination process
Great place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Work from home office.16 July 2016
Each team is highly qualified and supportive of other team members. Work schedules allow for time at home working from a home office.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Benefit package
Great people to work with
Special Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MI8 April 2016
Management need to listen to the their employees on what it takes to keep customers and what it take to make a cohesive work environment. No pay raises in several years and slow to promote.
Very Unstructured
SR. SAP BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MI13 February 2016
I have yet to meet my account manager. Once your placed, MSX account managers don't seem to check on you or care to. I have been placed at Ford Trading Company for almost one year and have yet to get any feed back from my account manager. My direct supervisor asks me to contact my account manager, but when I explain that I have yet to meet her, he says well it's my responsibility to get in contact with MSX and that he won't give me direct feedback, even though I work with him 8 hours of the day.
Not a good place to work after 2002
A/P Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI7 February 2016
Good co-workers in Corporate Payables and Payroll. Great supervisor. Upper management very hard to work with and my department head was very vindicative.
SUPPLIER support (Former Employee) –  Michigan30 December 2015
This company is not very organized and does not offer much in the way of "Employer of Choice". Nice group, but unorganized and everyone loves to pass the buck.....
not enough pay
customer service (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI11 November 2015
doing double the work and will not get a raise and not happy with my position wish to get back into makeup No a GREAT place to work
Senior Engineer For Vehicle Development
Senior Engineer For Vehicle Development (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MI21 October 2015
MSX is an international contract engineering company providing outside engineering services to automotive manufactures worldwide. As the Senior Engineer of a very young team, my position was as much mentoring and teaching as well as overseeing vehicle development.
Great Company
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Field Based, North of ENG INC N Ireland7 October 2015
Great company to work for and a Great Manufacture to work with (BMW). Would definately recommend MSX International. They are very flexible and you control your own diary to fit your visits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSX International. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval