MSCI Employee Reviews

Tremendous opportunities to learn and have fun while learning
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mumbai12 October 2017
MSCI is a great company to work for, my colleagues were super helpful and nice. A great work-culture, lot of opportunities, healthy work-life balance, that's MSCI for you.
Excelente ambiente laboral.
Analista (Current Employee) –  San Pedro Garza García, N. L.8 October 2017
Gran ambiente entre los compañeros. Gran cooperación entre nosotros.
Not recommeded
Senior Associate - Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Mumbai India22 September 2017
Work life balance goes for a toss.
Systems are bad and management isn't doing enough about it, and only rather adding more man work to get the work right, which is gone to ridiculous levels. On somedays, spending over the night is common.
Work culture in terms of peers and seniors is good to keep the enthu going but all and all that's not enough for your employees.
This is a well run company that takes care of staff
Product Manager - Risk (Former Employee) –  New York, NY29 July 2017
MSCI is a professionally run company, filled with smart people, that takes good care of their staff, From the moment you join, you are treated well and you can tell that this is a good place to be. In addition from my point of view compensation is fair and so are benefits.
Good company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Makati City, Philippines2 May 2017
It was a good company to work as a fresh graduate. I learned a lot about the financial market and its products, especially equities and equity indices.
Great People to work with!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra19 April 2017
MSCI has got a good work culture overall though the work life balance may not be the same for all profiles but the people here are fun and it's a real pleasure interacting with everyone, very friendly and approachable even the top management.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long hours and difficult commute for people living far off.
Core job profile
Real Estate Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  INDIA13 April 2017
•Performance analysis for given portfolio of Real Estate client funds for given reporting periods.
•Ananlyzing client data pertaining to property valuation, Tenancy information, Accounting Information and analyzing market movements.
•Products worked involves Real Estate Index and Performance attribution Report.
Associate MSCI
Market Data Associate (Current Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L.24 December 2016
• Analyze daily production tasks that offer Data Quality Assurance to time series used in a Risk Management like term structure curves, Swaption surfaces, caps, credit default swaps, etc .
started at Riskmetrics Group and MSCI bought RMG
Market Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York City, NY15 December 2016
Great place to work in. The building is brand new and access from public transportation is very good. Learned lots of market data and market data analytics.
Pros
lots of free food
Good work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Goregaon, Maharashtra20 November 2016
Good experience working here.
Profiles offered are good
Great management
Great team, supportive co-workers.
Work timings are a little stressful
Good employee engagement initiatives.
Family owned company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL16 November 2016
My father is the CEO of the company so its probably inappropriate for me to review it. From an operational level, it is a very well run company. My father is a good man who cares about those that work for him.
Pros
My father owns the company
Cons
My father owns the company
Fun Workplace
Analyst at MSCI (Current Employee) –  mumbai6 November 2016
good fun working environment But hierarchies are flat & Team size is large so growth opportunities are very less. But migrating processes to india is good experience.
Productive and very flexible work environment. Great place to work with "Employee FUN Days".
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY22 September 2016
My typical work day consist of grabbing a cup of coffee. Reviewing any overnight voicemails, responding to emails. Making follow-up calls with employees and vendors. Looking at my task list for the day and beginning to execute anything on the agenda. Throughout the day I'd attend telephone conferences and meetings. I would end the day with reviewing my MS Outlook calendar, printing a copy of it and creating an agenda for the next day.

This job has taught me how to be a better time manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my boss who was an Executive Director and being a part of the team.
Pros
Employee Fun Day was a great opportunity to team build.
Cons
Some days I would work 24 hours and would spend too much time on the job and away from home.
Pay no increase in 3 years
Institutional Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA23 August 2016
As an employee of MSCI for over three years, I think the best thing about the firm is the varied experiences our environment offers. I have been given the opportunities to own projects from start to finish and to work in areas/functions I had not previously had experience. I feel my opinion is valued and matters because I am converse with senior leaders every day as a NY employee.
Great company
IT Director (Former Employee) –  250 Greenwich13 August 2016
Great people work there, hard workers, follow the sun kind of environment. Great collaborative spirit and very caring.
Productive, fun athomephere to work for.
Medical Assistant / Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX4 August 2016
We do not know what to expect coming into work every day is different, but the company is great and trying to expand our knowledge with new guidelines. MSCI strives to appreciate the employees. The downside of the company is CEO, COO, and management hire's friends and families and they are the ones who get the promotions and escalate there way to the top with NO education.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
employeers families are always hired and given promotions.
High Salary, Good exposure to latest technology
Sr. Associate (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra12 May 2016
Work life balance is low. Management is focused on out sourcing only the back end jobs in India. You have to work on priority set by onshore team. Process correction initiatives may not be taken as welcome step.
Pros
Salary and perks, Global Culture, Exposure to latest technological implementations
Cons
Volatile job security, No vertical growth flat org..
productive
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra7 May 2016
good package but hardest part of the job is its long working hours. no shifts. dfkmwefksedmfsfmmsdfcms;kldfcmslk;dmlskedmfsmdf;lsdkcmsdlkcmsldcmsldkfcmsdfmsdfcmsldfmwsemflsfdmsdfmlsdfmcslfmolsfmolsfmnosfmoisfmjsefmnselkcfmwsefmnosfmnslkfmlksmnflsmnfomnsdfomsdfmwsdfmnosmndfrosmnfiofmwsfiosefmoisdfoisddmfolsmdflsmnklfwnfnmlksfc
Pros
salary
Work is not bad
Associate, Market Data, RiskMetrics® RiskManager (Current Employee) –  Norman, OK13 December 2015
Good worklife balance bad for future job security
Direct managers are good but upper management is all messed up
everyday they come up with some experiment that eventually fails but in the process causes some mental stress
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Senior Management
game room, fear, flexible, turnover
associate (Current Employee) –  Norman, OK31 October 2015
There is a game room, foosball tables, and fun day every year. Flexible schedule and Working from home is OK. Good first job for new grads. The CEO is completely out of touch. The focus is on sending everything to India. I've never worked at a place with a higher turn over. Also, the only place I've seen where promotions are a bad thing. It works like this. They give you a new job with a much higher level of responsibility during the review period - but since raises only happen once / yr., you don't get your raise until the next promotions announcement, and then they say (every yr) "We just can't afford to give raises this year". It's unfortunately even worse for women. They don't like or respect women at all and don't really have any women in upper positions (well, maybe one) - so all the good ones have left. It's a technology company that has terrible technology leadership and terrible security. The application management team fights with everyone. Management is afraid for their jobs - so they rule with an iron fist and everybody throws everybody under the bus. The office is stressful, and the team is running scared all the time with managers who abuse people, yell at them, keep them from succeeding, and work them day and night (and holidays). If you have experience, it is a terrible place to work. If you're looking for your first job as a new grad and you don't know what the rest of the world looks like, you can last a few years. Women typically don't last long.
Pros
Relaxed dress code; game room; wok from home
Cons
Bad for women and experienced people - very high turnover