MSCI Employee Reviews

Productive and very flexible work environment. Great place to work with "Employee FUN Days".
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY22 September 2016
My typical work day consist of grabbing a cup of coffee. Reviewing any overnight voicemails, responding to emails. Making follow-up calls with employees and vendors. Looking at my task list for the day and beginning to execute anything on the agenda. Throughout the day I'd attend telephone conferences and meetings. I would end the day with reviewing my MS Outlook calendar, printing a copy of it and creating an agenda for the next day.

This job has taught me how to be a better time manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my boss who was an Executive Director and being a part of the team.
Pros
Employee Fun Day was a great opportunity to team build.
Cons
Some days I would work 24 hours and would spend too much time on the job and away from home.
Family owned company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL16 November 2016
My father is the CEO of the company so its probably inappropriate for me to review it. From an operational level, it is a very well run company. My father is a good man who cares about those that work for him.
Pros
My father owns the company
Cons
My father owns the company
Pay no increase in 3 years
Institutional Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA23 August 2016
As an employee of MSCI for over three years, I think the best thing about the firm is the varied experiences our environment offers. I have been given the opportunities to own projects from start to finish and to work in areas/functions I had not previously had experience. I feel my opinion is valued and matters because I am converse with senior leaders every day as a NY employee.
started at Riskmetrics Group and MSCI bought RMG
Market Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York City, NY15 December 2016
Great place to work in. The building is brand new and access from public transportation is very good. Learned lots of market data and market data analytics.
Pros
lots of free food
Productive, fun athomephere to work for.
Medical Assistant / Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX4 August 2016
We do not know what to expect coming into work every day is different, but the company is great and trying to expand our knowledge with new guidelines. MSCI strives to appreciate the employees. The downside of the company is CEO, COO, and management hire's friends and families and they are the ones who get the promotions and escalate there way to the top with NO education.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
employeers families are always hired and given promotions.
Associate MSCI
Market Data Associate (Current Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L.24 December 2016
• Analyze daily production tasks that offer Data Quality Assurance to time series used in a Risk Management like term structure curves, Swaption surfaces, caps, credit default swaps, etc .
Good work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Goregaon, Maharashtra20 November 2016
Good experience working here.
Profiles offered are good
Great management
Great team, supportive co-workers.
Work timings are a little stressful
Good employee engagement initiatives.
Fun Workplace
Analyst at MSCI (Current Employee) –  mumbai6 November 2016
good fun working environment But hierarchies are flat & Team size is large so growth opportunities are very less. But migrating processes to india is good experience.
High Salary, Good exposure to latest technology
Sr. Associate (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra12 May 2016
Work life balance is low. Management is focused on out sourcing only the back end jobs in India. You have to work on priority set by onshore team. Process correction initiatives may not be taken as welcome step.
Pros
Salary and perks, Global Culture, Exposure to latest technological implementations
Cons
Volatile job security, No vertical growth flat org..
productive
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra7 May 2016
good package but hardest part of the job is its long working hours. no shifts. dfkmwefksedmfsfmmsdfcms;kldfcmslk;dmlskedmfsmdf;lsdkcmsdlkcmsldcmsldkfcmsdfmsdfcmsldfmwsemflsfdmsdfmlsdfmcslfmolsfmolsfmnosfmoisfmjsefmnselkcfmwsefmnosfmnslkfmlksmnflsmnfomnsdfomsdfmwsdfmnosmndfrosmnfiofmwsfiosefmoisdfoisddmfolsmdflsmnklfwnfnmlksfc
Pros
salary
Great company
IT Director (Former Employee) –  250 Greenwich13 August 2016
Great people work there, hard workers, follow the sun kind of environment. Great collaborative spirit and very caring.
Work is not bad
Associate, Market Data, RiskMetrics® RiskManager (Current Employee) –  Norman, OK13 December 2015
Good worklife balance bad for future job security
Direct managers are good but upper management is all messed up
everyday they come up with some experiment that eventually fails but in the process causes some mental stress
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Senior Management
The Job Life
Senior Respite (Former Employee) –  Burton, MI19 October 2015
Well to sum it all up it was the time being . it was paying a good wage when I was in vocational schooling . Now I'm currently looking for something I went to school for which is Dental Assistant .
Pros
Good Benefits and decent hours
Cons
i was through a family care program
Very comfortable and relaxed working environment.
Research Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD17 September 2015
This was an enjoyable working experience for me. I worked with knowledgeable co-workers who were pleasant to be around. Also, they encouraged job growth within the company.
Pros
Comfortable working environment.
Cons
Loss of contract.
Pathetic senior management with restructuring every 6 mths
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Mumbai3 April 2015
Work profile offered does not match with what you do at work. High on promises, low on delivering. Career growth of employees is the least priority for managers. HR team only present to help restructure teams every 6-12mths. Inferior quality work which is funded by high budget - summarizes MSCI.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Lower bonus / hike, job insecurity, management takes credit all the time
Smart organization trying to figure out how to be a medium-to-large size company
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CA2 April 2013
• Flexible work schedule as long as you get your work done and stay on track/task.
• Very collaborative environment where people are more than willing to help each other.
• A good place for people relatively junior in their career, but not a place to make a career - limited opportunity for upward mobility and career development/training (was beginning to improve, but long way to go).
• Operational plan & budget held at highest levels of the organization - Executive Directors and VPs have very limited budget decision making authority.
• Top two guys come from investment banking culture/background, not a software/services background - has a very large impact on how the organization is managed.
Pros
smart, collaborative people.
Cons
senior management manages to short-term and bottom-line regardless of value.
Productive and learning place
Windows server admin (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MH6 August 2015
We used to face regular issue and learn alot from them, thus enhancing skills. mangement and coworkers are very supportive.
Most enjoyable part is freedom to work.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
NA
Good Place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MH29 June 2015
Have given me a great opportunity to horn my skills and expose to global client interface. Dynamic and challenging environment has helped me to be competitive in the corporate world.
Pros
Good Company Culture
Great place
Corporate Governance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD28 August 2012
This is a great place to work for. Very seasonal in nature, as it gets very busy during proxy season. You will have a very slow periods of time, and you will have insanely busy times. In the end it evens out. You will be working with a great group of people.
MSCI
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY17 March 2015
Great Company to work for. Excellent benefits and located in the financial district. Easy to commute to and accessible to many restaurants and businesses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSCI. Our community is ready to answer.