MSCI Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Goregaon, Maharashtra20 November 2016
Good experience working here.
Profiles offered are good
Great management
Great team, supportive co-workers.
Work timings are a little stressful
Good employee engagement initiatives.
Family owned company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL16 November 2016
My father is the CEO of the company so its probably inappropriate for me to review it. From an operational level, it is a very well run company. My father is a good man who cares about those that work for him.
Pros
My father owns the company
Cons
My father owns the company
Fun Workplace
Analyst at MSCI (Current Employee) –  mumbai6 November 2016
good fun working environment But hierarchies are flat & Team size is large so growth opportunities are very less. But migrating processes to india is good experience.
Productive and very flexible work environment. Great place to work with "Employee FUN Days".
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY22 September 2016
My typical work day consist of grabbing a cup of coffee. Reviewing any overnight voicemails, responding to emails. Making follow-up calls with employees and vendors. Looking at my task list for the day and beginning to execute anything on the agenda. Throughout the day I'd attend telephone conferences and meetings. I would end the day with reviewing my MS Outlook calendar, printing a copy of it and creating an agenda for the next day.

This job has taught me how to be a better time manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my boss who was an Executive Director and being a part of the team.
Pros
Employee Fun Day was a great opportunity to team build.
Cons
Some days I would work 24 hours and would spend too much time on the job and away from home.
Pay no increase in 3 years
Institutional Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA23 August 2016
As an employee of MSCI for over three years, I think the best thing about the firm is the varied experiences our environment offers. I have been given the opportunities to own projects from start to finish and to work in areas/functions I had not previously had experience. I feel my opinion is valued and matters because I am converse with senior leaders every day as a NY employee.
Great company
IT Director (Former Employee) –  250 Greenwich13 August 2016
Great people work there, hard workers, follow the sun kind of environment. Great collaborative spirit and very caring.
Productive, fun athomephere to work for.
Medical Assistant / Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX4 August 2016
We do not know what to expect coming into work every day is different, but the company is great and trying to expand our knowledge with new guidelines. MSCI strives to appreciate the employees. The downside of the company is CEO, COO, and management hire's friends and families and they are the ones who get the promotions and escalate there way to the top with NO education.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
employeers families are always hired and given promotions.
High Salary, Good exposure to latest technology
Sr. Associate (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra12 May 2016
Work life balance is low. Management is focused on out sourcing only the back end jobs in India. You have to work on priority set by onshore team. Process correction initiatives may not be taken as welcome step.
Pros
Salary and perks, Global Culture, Exposure to latest technological implementations
Cons
Volatile job security, No vertical growth flat org..
productive
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra7 May 2016
good package but hardest part of the job is its long working hours. no shifts. dfkmwefksedmfsfmmsdfcms;kldfcmslk;dmlskedmfsmdf;lsdkcmsdlkcmsldcmsldkfcmsdfmsdfcmsldfmwsemflsfdmsdfmlsdfmcslfmolsfmolsfmnosfmoisfmjsefmnselkcfmwsefmnosfmnslkfmlksmnflsmnfomnsdfomsdfmwsdfmnosmndfrosmnfiofmwsfiosefmoisdfoisddmfolsmdflsmnklfwnfnmlksfc
Pros
salary
Work is not bad
Associate, Market Data, RiskMetricsĀ® RiskManager (Current Employee) –  Norman, OK13 December 2015
Good worklife balance bad for future job security
Direct managers are good but upper management is all messed up
everyday they come up with some experiment that eventually fails but in the process causes some mental stress
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Senior Management
game room, fear, flexible, turnover
associate (Current Employee) –  Norman, OK31 October 2015
There is a game room, foosball tables, and fun day every year. Flexible schedule and Working from home is OK. Good first job for new grads. The CEO is completely out of touch. The focus is on sending everything to India. I've never worked at a place with a higher turn over. Also, the only place I've seen where promotions are a bad thing. It works like this. They give you a new job with a much higher level of responsibility during the review period - but since raises only happen once / yr., you don't get your raise until the next promotions announcement, and then they say (every yr) "We just can't afford to give raises this year". It's unfortunately even worse for women. They don't like or respect women at all and don't really have any women in upper positions (well, maybe one) - so all the good ones have left. It's a technology company that has terrible technology leadership and terrible security. The application management team fights with everyone. Management is afraid for their jobs - so they rule with an iron fist and everybody throws everybody under the bus. The office is stressful, and the team is running scared all the time with managers who abuse people, yell at them, keep them from succeeding, and work them day and night (and holidays). If you have experience, it is a terrible place to work. If you're looking for your first job as a new grad and you don't know what the rest of the world looks like, you can last a few years. Women typically don't last long.
Pros
Relaxed dress code; game room; wok from home
Cons
Bad for women and experienced people - very high turnover
The Job Life
Senior Respite (Former Employee) –  Burton, MI19 October 2015
Well to sum it all up it was the time being . it was paying a good wage when I was in vocational schooling . Now I'm currently looking for something I went to school for which is Dental Assistant .
Pros
Good Benefits and decent hours
Cons
i was through a family care program
Very comfortable and relaxed working environment.
Research Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD17 September 2015
This was an enjoyable working experience for me. I worked with knowledgeable co-workers who were pleasant to be around. Also, they encouraged job growth within the company.
Pros
Comfortable working environment.
Cons
Loss of contract.
Productive and learning place
Windows server admin (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MH6 August 2015
We used to face regular issue and learn alot from them, thus enhancing skills. mangement and coworkers are very supportive.
Most enjoyable part is freedom to work.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
NA
Good Place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MH29 June 2015
Have given me a great opportunity to horn my skills and expose to global client interface. Dynamic and challenging environment has helped me to be competitive in the corporate world.
Pros
Good Company Culture
Pathetic senior management with restructuring every 6 mths
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Mumbai3 April 2015
Work profile offered does not match with what you do at work. High on promises, low on delivering. Career growth of employees is the least priority for managers. HR team only present to help restructure teams every 6-12mths. Inferior quality work which is funded by high budget - summarizes MSCI.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Lower bonus / hike, job insecurity, management takes credit all the time
MSCI
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY17 March 2015
Great Company to work for. Excellent benefits and located in the financial district. Easy to commute to and accessible to many restaurants and businesses.
MSCI
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  India9 February 2015
MSCI is really a good company to work for especially when it comes to the team work. A prominent index service provider company.
avoid
Sr Associate (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MH6 October 2014
typical service company , where u work for 2 managers and u need to keep both happy
- no technical learning
- outdated technologies
- weak architecture
- working on weekends common
great
Business Strategy & Development Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 June 2013
great place to work. high recommend to any and all potential applicants.