MRC

MRC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Out for themselves
Administrator (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 25, 2013
Pros: the pay for what i did was decent, rrsps and great benefits
Cons: you are just a number, everyone out for themselves
Its great as long as you don't have an opinion, I expressed mine but they had no reason to get rid of me, so they found a loophole and made it impossible for me to stay there
A typical day at work
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee), Moss Point, MSFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: nice associates to work with.
Cons: kept me on the hiring agency for 6 months instead of 90 days.
A typical day at work would consist of a few things. First we arrive at 7 a.m. Pull, pack, and ship orders that need to go.
Not great
Mike Reynolds Coach Works (Former Employee), brighton and hoveFebruary 18, 2014
Unfortunately company went into administration and i was made redundant. Was not notified in advance hence the poor review for this company.

hardest part of the job was that there was no communication with the senior managers.
i worked well with my co workers always worked as a team and supported each other.
Most enjoyable part of my job was the finishing – more... product ie the car that i had valeted looked showroom standard.
Learn how to use various chemicals and what they was for. Also learnt to use different machines involved in polishing and flat and polishing.
Typical day at work would be to see what was booked in for the day and what i needed to achieve to get the work out as soon as possible.
Once i knew my bookings for the day i would then go about getting the vehicles valeted. – less
Love working here
Legal Nurse Consultant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2014
As a remote worker, I cannot rate the in-office atmosphere, but all correspondence with managers and co-workers has been positive. This position really works with my work/family balance.
Productive workplace
Site Manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: seeing africa
Cons: difficulty in moving equipment
Getting equipoment to site when you are working under ground is very difficult.Getting all the material prepared.
United Health of WI ,and Employers Health Insurance
Medical Review Coordinator (Former Employee), Appleton, WI, AND Green Bay WI.November 1, 2013
Loved working with medical insurance, and being part of a team working towards company goals. My co-workers were my extended family.
*NOTE: United Health of WI, and Employers Health Insurance are no longer existing company's. Employers Health was bought out by Humana in Green Bay WI.
Good company
Technology Advisor (Current Employee), Industry, CASeptember 6, 2013
Good company to start at. Outside b2b sales. Technology solutions. HQ in San Diego.
Horrible Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Granite City, ILSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: sometimes lunch was provided, benefits were good and training.
Cons: rude, spiteful, angry bitter people - not all, but most.
I have never in my life seen such negative people with exception of a few. Hateful, rude & unkind not only to each other but rude to their customers. One girl working there would slam the phone down right in a customers ear b/c she was so angry with life itself. The swearing, back-stabbing was endless. So thankful to God when I was laid off. It was – more... by far one of the worst places I have ever worked. If I was a customer and someone slammed the phone in my ear. I do not believe I would ever call them again. – less
The don't promote minorities including women
Not stated (Former Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 27, 2013
Pros: 401k
Cons: discrimination
The don't promote minorities including women when they can find an excuse not to. It's known as the "big boys club". They even make it one of their core values to promote within.......if you're a white male!
Large Public Company
Regional Admin (Current Employee), Buckhannon, WVAugust 2, 2013
MRC is a good company with a good benefits package.

The branch locations are a laid back enviornment and general work as teams to get the job done.
Lots of gossip and wrong attitude in work enviromeny
Delivery Driver / Warehouse (Former Employee), Vernal, UTJuly 29, 2013
Pros: insuance coverage.
Cons: people always talking behind your back
My understanding for products sales and service were going to be a big part of my work here at mrc but they were shut down and thrown out because of the lack of leadership and responsibility in the workplace.
Productive and good place to work if time flexibility is necessary.
Data Entry/Record Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2013
MRC is a good place to work since management is very flexible with schedules. It is a benchmark job but is not hard to reach the numbers asked for.
retail
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Murton, ENGJuly 11, 2013
This was a voluntary work but really enjoyable and again served customers and dealt with customers.
Lots of room for growth
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 3, 2013
Pros: just great in general
Cons: none :)
Great company to work – more... for. Best job I have had so far! – less
very bad manager
just another number (Former Employee), california ahhh the hillsApril 29, 2013
Pros: kept me busy
Cons: management and pay
had to deal with a manager that knows it all and it would sound like he had 50 years of experience but he is 28 ha ha they lie to you promise the world but when you ask them they don't remember or they Will get back to you they don't respect you and the pay is not that Great the boss didn't even talk to US on a daily basis he is a joke everyone there – more... laughs at him and the customers hate to deal with him and his boss really. don't care for him the co workers there r pretty cool hardest part was dealing with that branch manager and I think he didn't care that a Mexican knew more then him – less
Not a good work enviroment
Records Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 22, 2013
Did not like the environment overall. Very stressed and overworked.
Call Center
Researcher/Expidter (Former Employee), Bellaire, TXFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: friendly enviorment
Cons: no cons
Record Retrival Company that handles litatgation. The management was very friendly
Good working environment
Database Developer/Data Manager (Current Employee), Fajara, Banjul, The GambiaFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: gambia is not a good place for long term
The working environment is good and there are opportunities to explore the talents
Successful turnaround
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Plainville, CTDecember 3, 2012
Pros: largely had autonomus control of all plant activities
Cons: dealing with the uaw in both the plant and office
I was able to take the company from $19mm sales (900 employees) to $31mm sales (600 employees) in 5 years.

Included product rationalization, plant rearrangement and substantial cost reduction. Scrap reduction and quality improvement were significant as were job assignment changes.
Very easy going place to work!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), New Baltimore, MIOctober 30, 2012
Pros: paid lunch, morning shift
Cons: low pay
A typical day was doing inventory, shipping packages and computer work. I learned how to multitask efficiently, management was great so were the co-workers. The most enjoyable part was doing multiple tasks.

About MRC

MRC is the largest, global distributor of pipe, valve and fitting products and services to the energy and industrial markets. – Read more