Mr. Sub Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
i really enjoy my work
Manager (Current Employee), Regina, SKApril 22, 2016
its awesome place to work .I learn a lot from this place I love to work my whole life at this place I have nice staff and management
Great Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), LondonApril 10, 2016
Was my first job, I would take orders from individual customers and prepare sandwiches to customers preference. Throughout my experience with the company in two different cities I learned the responsibilities of opening and closing the store, which involved counting cash, making sure the tills were balance, all the equipment were off and the alarms were set on and off. I enjoyed working for both locations, they both were friendly to welcoming new employees and making there schedule work for their lifestyles.
Horrible Experence
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 30, 2016
My Job was well enough and they tought me well on how to handle the food and cash but they didn't help when they were there. the Bosses were rude to emplyoees. treating us like dirt. I ended up sick and they yelled at me for calling in sick and saying I couldn't work due to working with food and not wanting to make other people sick
Fun Workplace.
Sub Maker, Cash Handler, Cleaner (Former Employee), Port Hope, ONMarch 20, 2016
Pros: Discount, Friendly Environment
Cons: Repeated work cycle, nothing was ever different
A typical day at work consisted of, working from 5pm til 10pm, cleaning, stocking shelves, making subs, and preparing for the next days work.
loved this job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Schomberg, ONMarch 12, 2016
Pros: free lunch
worked for great people
job was really easy
fun place to work
was paid a bit more than min. wage
got great hours
shifts were great
Used to be a good place to work
Work as a cashier serving people (Current Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 25, 2016
Poorly management
What I learned: Managers don't tell you what they want. They show you what they want. And sometimes, they take their personal issues out on you in an aggressive way
Versatile Place
Customer Service (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Mr. Sub is my first job in Canada. It has taught me how to deal with Canadian Customer. So far i have overcome every challenge on Workplace. I would not say that there was anything like hard part of job because each task is an opportunity for me to learn a new skill.
A typical day at Tim Hortons, & Why i enjoyed working as a Mr. Sub employee
Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at Mr. Sub, you greet the customers when they come in the door, ask them what you could get for them, and then you prepare their sub(s) and then cash them out at the register, and present the food to them. I enjoyed my job at Mr.Sub because it kept me busy, and I liked meeting new customers everyday. I'd like to be a pastry chef one day so i enjoy making things look presentable and nice, and i really enjoyed making subs.
Supportive and helpful co-workers and the management
General Worker (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 16, 2016
It's fine for new comers and students. It will help to learn and develop your communication skill as a new comer. It's not hard but fun.
A very interesting place to work
Sub maker-supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: close to home
Cons: unexceptable hours
This job I found to be very interesting. I worked mostly on my own. There was a lot of prep work to be done for this job and a lot of cleaning for only one person. I loved being busy and working on my own . The only problem I had was the hours I was working. On a typical shift I would be working on my own prepping, cleaning, serving customers and keeping the restaurant up to safety standards until 3am
prodctive place
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 7, 2016
good to work the coworkers..very good environment..but the manager is dosent treat people as humans want to work always
Productive Workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 23, 2015
Opening and closing duties
Prepared food
Cashed out customers
Sweep and moped the store
In charge of stock
Trained new employees
Very easy going, teaches great customer service
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Free sandwich at end of shift
Cons: Difficult to advance
Very fast paced environment with little room for error. However, you must deal with a lot of different types of people and it is a great way to learn how.Management seems to be very thorough with upkeeping of standards and customer satisfaction.
Fun and easy work
Cashier (Former Employee), Milton, ONNovember 24, 2015
It was an enjoyable work environment. Owner was very helpful and understanding. Working at Mr.Sub never felt tiring and it helped me gain customer service experience.
Productive and fun
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Good enviroment to work in
Cons: Had some problems with certain customers
When I started Mr. Sub back in 1988 I was happy that someone gave me my first job and believed in me. I started out as a sub maker and slowly learned other areas of the company. My boss was really supportive and understanding. He was willing to teach. I learned how to take inventory and do weekly cash sheets as well as nightly cash outs.
Bad
Opener/closer (Former Employee), NLSeptember 23, 2015
Cons: Bad hours
Management was beyond poor and the customers were rude, fellow employees were also very hard to work with. Never got the amount of hours that you wanted and there is no room for moving up in ranks or a pay raise.
Could be worse, could be better
KEYHOLDER (Former Employee), bramptonAugust 23, 2015
Pros: some really awesome customers
Cons: never enough hours
Co-workers and the customers really make the biggest difference, because management doesn't really care about the success of the business, never even mind the overall well-being of the employees, or the customers.
Great First Job
Sub Artist (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Discounts on foods, and drinks
Cons: Little to no job security
Working at Mr. Sub really was a fun job. Everyone who worked there was very nice, and kind. Professional attitude. Only downside was the lack of benefits, and the little job security offered. But, other than that, hours were decent for the salary earned ($10.25 at the time)
It was my first job and I really enjoyed working there.
Counter Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Got experience in the fast food industry.
Cons: I was let go as soon as my probation was over and replaced.
Making sandwiches and working with cash and debit. I learned how to make different sandwiches and use the debit machine and how to work with the customers in a timely manner. I got along with all my co-workers and my manager. I didn't find the job hard and the most enjoyable part was working with customers.
Lease was up
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJuly 17, 2015
Mr. Sub was a family owned franchise where we all worked together to keep the store clean, while satisfying customers with their orders and getting the goals we needed for the day