Mr. Sub Employee Reviews

great place to work
Owner and operator (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 April 2017
typical day is repairing units either that have been damaged or need maintainance. I have learned to pay attention to detail from how doors close to leaky taps. I have completely turned over units from painting installing vct tiles to srtipping and waxing floor. Install ceramic tiles in tubsuronds to carpeting bedrooms sanding hardwood floors and refinishing. I have also delt with tenants issues to collecting rents.
Pros
able t work at own pace providing job gets finished within a reasonable time
Busy and productive days and nights
Sandwich Artist, Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 April 2017
Your always busy. If you are not making subs your cleaning and stalking. Sometimes the work place can be difficult with customers who do not have respect.
Depending on location,
Supervisor and Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 April 2017
Depends on owner. I was lucky enough to have a very good uunderstanding owner who took care of the employees.
Cons
Depending on location, can get very busy. My location had line ups going out the door so I felt really burnt out by the end of the shift.
Pros
very good uunderstanding owner who took care of the employees.
Cons
can get very busy.
part time job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON5 April 2017
At Mr.Sub i was a sandwich artist making food for the customer that came in. i would have to work quickly because some customers were on break from work and dont want to be late going back.
Only worked solo shifts. No notice on closure
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON1 April 2017
The mr sub i worked at closed already and no wonder. The manager didnt order enough bread and refused to pay for all the hours i actually spent there but still tried to limit break times. If youre not going to pay me for the extra 2 hours, then im taking a half hour break
Pros
I worked alone
Cons
Stupid management
A second home
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 March 2017
Working there at the age of 14 to 18 has given me a lot of time to grow with the people I worked with there and gain a good relationship with the management. They still let me make my own subs when I go there and it introduced me to many relationships.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Many late nights
fast paced, enjoyable work atmosphere
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON8 March 2017
great place to work at, friendly and inviting!
busy at times, but the customers are enjoyable, management isn't the greatest to work with, but are great people overall.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short hours
Simple
Sandwich Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 March 2017
The job was very simple. If you are looking for something more simple go for this position. Kind of fun and laid-back, just go to work and go home. Good for people starting work for the first time in a while.
Wonderful Little Sub Shop
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 March 2017
This is a wonderful little express Sub shop with great workers and management. Not like any other part time job experience. The least stressful job ever.
Pros
Experience
Cons
location
Awesome Place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB2 March 2017
Nice place to work. Everyone works as a team. Great place for people wanting a job with little or no experience in the field.
Fun workplace
Sandwich Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON1 March 2017
A typical day at Mr. Sub involves preparing vegetables and meats to be used for the day. Sever customers with a smile and preparing their food in a neat and timely manner. Ring through transactions and handle cash and credit card. Management and staff are friendly and reasonable with all requests. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such kind people and being able to enjoy going into work feeling safe and happy.
A place where you learn a lot about things
Cashier/Sandwich Maker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
I learn something new every day I work. A place where I developed and enhanced my skills which I can transfer it to another workplace and utilize it effectively.
Pros
Free 6 inch sub, work with close friends, a fun environment
A day at Mr. Sub
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 February 2017
Baking, cleaning, food preparation, serving customers, handling money, deposits, stalk,
ordering, supervision, opening and closing store, management, hiring.
Pros
Free 6' Sandwich every shift. 50% discounts.
Cons
A lot of untrustworthy staff came in/out. Owner was also unfair at times.
Unpleasant Managerial Staff
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 February 2017
The management was unwilling to teach nor were they very patient. It was very intimidating upon making mistakes. They ere not very fair nor were they willing to compromise.
Just a job
Sub Artist (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 February 2017
It was what it should be simple part time work where your left alone to run the store, was a franchise with no opportunity to move up but if you are young and need a job its fine.
Looking for any office position.
Server (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON2 February 2017
Hello
I am looking for any office position. I have experience in Billing, dispatch, and clerical.
I have computer experience and can multi task. I have worked in a fast speed atmosphere, and can mange well. I am a hard worker
It was fun for a spell. But don't choose to make a career out of it.
Sandwich Builder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 January 2017
I was happy working there for a summer. It offered a good opportunity to practice my french (the restaurant was in a bus station). Fun staff to work with. Customers were generally very pleasant.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
closing
working was fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Agassiz, BC20 January 2017
working here was fun was able to see new faces old customers as well as regular people who have come in day and night for various things to eat or drink.
Pros
loyalty cards for any kind of hot beverage
Cons
at times would be slow and not many customers
A friendly environment and a great place to eat with verity of choices on what kind of sub you would enjoy.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 December 2016
A typical day at work would be coming in checking to make sure everything is topped up and prepared for when needed, such as bread, front line (meats, cheese, veggies, and souses) serving customers then cleaning, dishes, sweep the floors, and cleaning bathrooms if needed. I have learned how important customer service can be and how it impacts the workplace. When it comes to co-workers I have a good relationship with them and work good as a team. The hardest part of my job is making sure everything is per-pared and backed up because we run out of product at times which makes customers unhappy. What I enjoy most at work is when customers leave satisfied with their visit and perches because then I know I am doing my job right.
Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 December 2016
It was overall a good experience. I enjoyed how laid back it was with satisfying morning and evening rushes. I recommend Mr. Sub to anyone who is looking for a past pace work environment.
Pros
free sub after 5 hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Sub. Our community is ready to answer.