Mr. Sub Employee Reviews in Canada

Bad
Opener/closer (Former Employee) –  NLSeptember 23, 2015
Management was beyond poor and the customers were rude, fellow employees were also very hard to work with. Never got the amount of hours that you wanted and there is no room for moving up in ranks or a pay raise.
Cons
Bad hours
Great Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  LondonApril 10, 2016
Was my first job, I would take orders from individual customers and prepare sandwiches to customers preference. Throughout my experience with the company in two different cities I learned the responsibilities of opening and closing the store, which involved counting cash, making sure the tills were balance, all the equipment were off and the alarms were set on and off. I enjoyed working for both locations, they both were friendly to welcoming new employees and making there schedule work for their lifestyles.
Used to be a good place to work
Work as a cashier serving people (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 25, 2016
Poorly management
What I learned: Managers don't tell you what they want. They show you what they want. And sometimes, they take their personal issues out on you in an aggressive way
Mr. Sub St. Johns NL (torbay/avalon mall/ ropewalk)
Sandwich Artist and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 13, 2016
Worked at all 3 locations under the same owner on and off for 2-3 years. Mr sub in these locations atleast I know is not a good place to work. No secure hours, no flexible schedules no appreciation from staff, management or owner.
No benefits or sick time. No advancement. No pay raise no matter what or how many years you've been there. Very toxic place to work.
Pros
50% off anything in resturant, security cameras
Cons
Non schedule breaks, low staff, no apprecation
Very easy going, teaches great customer service
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 1, 2015
Very fast paced environment with little room for error. However, you must deal with a lot of different types of people and it is a great way to learn how.Management seems to be very thorough with upkeeping of standards and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free sandwich at end of shift
Cons
Difficult to advance
Great First Job
Sub Artist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 17, 2015
Working at Mr. Sub really was a fun job. Everyone who worked there was very nice, and kind. Professional attitude. Only downside was the lack of benefits, and the little job security offered. But, other than that, hours were decent for the salary earned ($10.25 at the time)
Pros
Discounts on foods, and drinks
Cons
Little to no job security
Horrible Experence
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 30, 2016
My Job was well enough and they tought me well on how to handle the food and cash but they didn't help when they were there. the Bosses were rude to emplyoees. treating us like dirt. I ended up sick and they yelled at me for calling in sick and saying I couldn't work due to working with food and not wanting to make other people sick
A typical day at Tim Hortons, & Why i enjoyed working as a Mr. Sub employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at Mr. Sub, you greet the customers when they come in the door, ask them what you could get for them, and then you prepare their sub(s) and then cash them out at the register, and present the food to them. I enjoyed my job at Mr.Sub because it kept me busy, and I liked meeting new customers everyday. I'd like to be a pastry chef one day so i enjoy making things look presentable and nice, and i really enjoyed making subs.
A very interesting place to work
Sub maker-supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
This job I found to be very interesting. I worked mostly on my own. There was a lot of prep work to be done for this job and a lot of cleaning for only one person. I loved being busy and working on my own . The only problem I had was the hours I was working. On a typical shift I would be working on my own prepping, cleaning, serving customers and keeping the restaurant up to safety standards until 3am
Pros
close to home
Cons
unexceptable hours
small and unmanaged
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 21, 2016
Out of all the places I've worked. This one is the smallest with only closet space of room and 4 employees. Wouldn't recommend mostly because of management and ownership.
Pros
free 6 inch sub wtih every shift
Cons
confusing hours. no tips.
great work place
Key holder/ sandwich maker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ONMay 5, 2016
great place to work part time. flexible manager. if you're a student you can take time off for exams and projects. allows you to take time off when needed.
outgoing personalities in the workplace. everyone is very nice and inviting.
Fun Workplace.
Sub Maker, Cash Handler, Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ONMarch 20, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of, working from 5pm til 10pm, cleaning, stocking shelves, making subs, and preparing for the next days work.
Pros
Discount, Friendly Environment
Cons
Repeated work cycle, nothing was ever different
Versatile Place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Mr. Sub is my first job in Canada. It has taught me how to deal with Canadian Customer. So far i have overcome every challenge on Workplace. I would not say that there was anything like hard part of job because each task is an opportunity for me to learn a new skill.
loved this job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Schomberg, ONMarch 12, 2016
worked for great people
job was really easy
fun place to work
was paid a bit more than min. wage
got great hours
shifts were great
Pros
free lunch
i really enjoy my work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 22, 2016
its awesome place to work .I learn a lot from this place I love to work my whole life at this place I have nice staff and management
Supportive and helpful co-workers and the management
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 16, 2016
It's fine for new comers and students. It will help to learn and develop your communication skill as a new comer. It's not hard but fun.
Could be worse, could be better
KEYHOLDER (Former Employee) –  bramptonAugust 23, 2015
Co-workers and the customers really make the biggest difference, because management doesn't really care about the success of the business, never even mind the overall well-being of the employees, or the customers.
Pros
some really awesome customers
Cons
never enough hours
prodctive place
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 7, 2016
good to work the coworkers..very good environment..but the manager is dosent treat people as humans want to work always
Productive and fun
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONOctober 8, 2015
When I started Mr. Sub back in 1988 I was happy that someone gave me my first job and believed in me. I started out as a sub maker and slowly learned other areas of the company. My boss was really supportive and understanding. He was willing to teach. I learned how to take inventory and do weekly cash sheets as well as nightly cash outs.
Pros
Good enviroment to work in
Cons
Had some problems with certain customers
Productive Workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONDecember 23, 2015
Opening and closing duties
Prepared food
Cashed out customers
Sweep and moped the store
In charge of stock