Mr. Sub Employee Reviews

Great place
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON14 September 2017
I enjoyed working at mr sub a lot. Customers loved me and I got the hang of things very quickly. Shortly after working there I was a key holder and it was fantastic. :) I would highly recommend mr sub to work at
Pros
50% off
Smell
Great workplace
Cashier/Close Open Prep (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 September 2017
Very friendly staff and customers. Schedule flexibility, great for students. Great place to gain customer service skills and basic food handling and prepping procedures.
OK place to work
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 August 2017
Allows for development of independence. Moderate level of support from staff. Can be challenging during peak periods but otherwise is manageable. Friendly regular customers which is always nice.
Productive and fun to work at
Front counter clerk (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 August 2017
The owner of the mr. Sub that I work at appreciated the staff that worked for him. Had no problems with giving time off if needed. I enjoyed my time working there
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON18 July 2017
The customers and the employers on such a blessing to Mr. Sub.I have been working here for 4 years and I love every minute of it! I would recommend any teenage looking for a part-time job during school.
Pros
pleasant work environment
Cons
Co-workers who do not care
fast-paced food serving job position
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 July 2017
positive working environment while store management is not very good (really low pay for food supervisor role and no full time benefit); unstable working hours and no room for advancement...good for students who looking for to earn pocket money
Fun workplace
Mr. Sub (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 July 2017
Great part time hours great people to work with regular customers are amazing easy work only work with one other employee great to get time off if needed and pay is good
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything has to be done perfect
Run!
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 June 2017
Worst management and work environment ever. Unsafe, Unsantintary conditions. No one at the top or bottom has common sense or a conscience. The place is a complete dump site. Management sells trained contaminated or recycled filthy product. ANYTHING to save a fifth of a cent. There is no steady schedule to manage a second job. There is a visible double standard to all who aren't from India. Racism is a real problem. No acknowledgement of employee issues are dealt with unless you're Indian. There are no raises, bonuses or incentives of any kind. There are no breaks. There is no employee privacy at all. (Cameras are everywhere and the owner watches you at home on his phone. Even at 2am). At closing your pay stops even though your work continues and asking for payment only gets punishment and much debate on whether you deserve it. There is simply too much to mention in this little box so just take my word for it. Don't eat here, don't use the bathroom and definitely don't work here. It is the worst place I've EVER worked and these are the worst human beings I've ever known. Dirty, lazy, greedy, consciousness people. Run!
Pros
Some customers can be really great.
Cons
Franchise should be banned from Canada for their lack of regulation of health and safty standards, Owners of st paul west should be stripped of their right to sell consumable product or manage people
difficult to work with owners, not a positive work enviroment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 June 2017
When I took the job I thought it was going to be a great experience and work environment. After being there a month it started to become negative and uncomfortable. The owners speak to you very rudely and I find there is very little compromise. They say it is no problem to ask them questions or anything but when you do they are very irritated. They fool you easily and well into making you think it is great but in reality they are not professional and are very rude. Also watch out for their temper.
Great environment, friendly boss
Submaker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 June 2017
My typical day at work was to come in at 4pm, talk to my boss or the co-worker that was working at the time and figure out what hadn't been done/needed to be done. I'd serve customers as well as work the cash. I would make sure the restaurant was clean before I closed up for the night and that everything was prepped for the next morning.

There was no hard part about this job other than the fact that I worked alone and sometimes the dinner rush was overwhelming. By working alone I learned how to stay calm and focused and ensure customers had the best service possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my regular customers who came into the restaurant everyday whether for coffee or for a sub. I developed many good relationships with my customers.
Pros
We got 50% off our meals
Cons
Worked alone - sometimes it got overwhelming.
Interesting workplace, nice coworkers
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 May 2017
On a typical day at Mr Sub, I would go into work, wash the dishes in the back, bring everything up from the fridge that they need at the front (ex. lettuce, tomatoes, etc.), and I would start making subs for people, bagging bread, and prepping trays of steak, tuna, grilled chicken, and more.
I learned a lot of multi-tasking skills at Mr. Sub. How to interact with a customer and make food at the same time, how to read people's lips because the glass was so high that I could nearly never hear what the customer was asking for, and how to prep and make subs.
The management at Mr. Sub was sub-pare, if you will. The manager was certainly NOT a people-person, and often brought her issues to work and took them out on the employees. At one point, six people quit in under two months.
The hardest part of the job was staying calm when customers insulted me. Once, a customer commented on my complexion, saying that I should buy a high-tech skin-care treatment. I smiled at her and said I was working on it, and once she left, I removed myself from the front of the store to calm down, doing work in the back.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making friends in the mall. Many people who worked in the mall would eat at Mr. Sub every day, and I got to know their names, and memorize their orders.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hostile work environment
Good, motivating work environment. Great team workers
Food Preparer/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2017
Working with my MR. Sub team is great, it is a positive environment, Good team effort from all, always working together on our busiest days. Most enjoyable part of job, always having fun while making sure the job gets done right!
Pros
Free lunch
convienent
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
closeby to everything, was very convienent but poor management led to poor work culture and lower morality and motivation among workers. low knowledge on how to get workers to perform efficiently and effectively
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor management by owner
great place to work
Owner and operator (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 April 2017
typical day is repairing units either that have been damaged or need maintainance. I have learned to pay attention to detail from how doors close to leaky taps. I have completely turned over units from painting installing vct tiles to srtipping and waxing floor. Install ceramic tiles in tubsuronds to carpeting bedrooms sanding hardwood floors and refinishing. I have also delt with tenants issues to collecting rents.
Pros
able t work at own pace providing job gets finished within a reasonable time
Busy and productive days and nights
Sandwich Artist, Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 April 2017
Your always busy. If you are not making subs your cleaning and stalking. Sometimes the work place can be difficult with customers who do not have respect.
Depending on location,
Supervisor and Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 April 2017
Depends on owner. I was lucky enough to have a very good uunderstanding owner who took care of the employees.
Cons
Depending on location, can get very busy. My location had line ups going out the door so I felt really burnt out by the end of the shift.
Pros
very good uunderstanding owner who took care of the employees.
Cons
can get very busy.
part time job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON5 April 2017
At Mr.Sub i was a sandwich artist making food for the customer that came in. i would have to work quickly because some customers were on break from work and dont want to be late going back.
Only worked solo shifts. No notice on closure
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON1 April 2017
The mr sub i worked at closed already and no wonder. The manager didnt order enough bread and refused to pay for all the hours i actually spent there but still tried to limit break times. If youre not going to pay me for the extra 2 hours, then im taking a half hour break
Pros
I worked alone
Cons
Stupid management
A second home
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 March 2017
Working there at the age of 14 to 18 has given me a lot of time to grow with the people I worked with there and gain a good relationship with the management. They still let me make my own subs when I go there and it introduced me to many relationships.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Many late nights
fast paced, enjoyable work atmosphere
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON8 March 2017
great place to work at, friendly and inviting!
busy at times, but the customers are enjoyable, management isn't the greatest to work with, but are great people overall.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short hours