Mr. Sub Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was my first job and I really enjoyed working there.
Counter Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Got experience in the fast food industry.
Cons: I was let go as soon as my probation was over and replaced.
Making sandwiches and working with cash and debit. I learned how to make different sandwiches and use the debit machine and how to work with the customers in a timely manner. I got along with all my co-workers and my manager. I didn't find the job hard and the most enjoyable part was working with customers.
Lease was up
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJuly 17, 2015
Mr. Sub was a family owned franchise where we all worked together to keep the store clean, while satisfying customers with their orders and getting the goals we needed for the day
Its great period of fun with knowledge.
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 21, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Long Hours
My experience with Mr. Sub is very good, this duration provide me great knowledge about how to deal with customers in day to day work and in busy timings. I have learnt how to maintain background stock , how to prepare sandwiches and balance their cash.
Productive and fun workplace to be
Storefront (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: 50 percent off meals
Cons: Need more hours
• Greet customers in a kind and friendly manner
• Deal with customer service, shipments and delivery
• Answer customer questions, and take delivery orders
• Revived their food in an orderly manner
• Operate cash register to complete cash, credit or debit transactions
• Unpack products received by store and count, weigh or sort items
• Help with the platters to gain experience in food
• Sweep aisles, dust display racks and perform other general cleaning duties
productive and fun work place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hour
it is beautiful place to work.store staff was very helpful to each other.
store environment was very pleasant.best place for fresher.
productive enviroment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), London, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: maintenance work
enjoyed working for this company. Friendly, busy, international enviroment. Customers were knowlegable and location of great convienience to them.Didnt enjoy doing more than one persons tasks though.
Productive and fun workplace
Sub Maker/Cashier (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short hours
Start of the shift would be to stock veggies, meat, and sauces. Clean washrooms, dishes and entrance to sub shop. Management was alright to work with. Co-workers were nice and friendly, mostly worked with just management only not with each other.
It was an okay first big job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONMarch 9, 2015
It was an easy job, lots to do, lots to keep you busy all the time. Work was usually pretty busy, nights were slow and boring. My boss wasn't bad. I kept to myself mostly so I didn't really talk to other coworkers. I was always scheduled nights by myself.
Unstable
General Helper (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough working hours
I worked there for about 10 years. The first owner (the one who hired me) was terrific. I was assistant manager for about 3 years before he sold. Once he sold, my hours went down drastically (from 9 hours/day to 4 hrs./day). I had to make sure the store was stocked fully for the days I was off. I got hours ONLY when they wanted to go away. I showed up to work everyday..sick, snow storms, ice storms etc. They could trust me to open/close the store as needed. I took care of orders, and got the store ready for the day. If I didn't have time to get something done, due to a busy day, or my hours just didn't offer enough time, my boss would yell at me. If I asked for more hours, my boss would yell at me. I worked very hard and was yelled at all the time for things that other people should have been doing. The store sold again in 2014 and I was told my job was safe and the new owner was taking staff in the sale. We were off for a week for renovations, and I went back to meet the new owner, and found out she knew nothing about us, and my boss had put into the sale that he had no employees to transfer in the sale. I lost my job, with zero notice.
Productive and outgoing team at my workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Keswick, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: late schedule
A typical day at work is food prep to make sure everything is ready for making subs throughout the day. Throughout the day I had to make sure all the vegetable were freshly cut and make sure the table was topped up. I had to make sure the store was presentable and the bathrooms were clean for customers. What I learned from working here is how to talk with paying customers and make them content and happy by giving them exactly what they want or doing the best I can to make sure they are happy. The co workers called in sick a lot, allowing me to grab the extra hours that I needed. The hardest part of the job was when there was a large line up and I had to make sure I worked efficiently and to make sure all the customers stayed and did not leave by insuring I would be with them shortly. The most enjoyable part of my job were the appreciative customers that thanked me for my service.
Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee), HamilonOctober 18, 2014
Look after day to day activities. Organize all workers schedule. Order all supplies did all daily bank deposits
solo shifts, boss not considerate
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), BoltonJuly 16, 2014
Pros: i could listen to my ipod
Cons: surveyllance freak, uncomfortable uiforms, unsafe.
missed major life events cause my boss didnt give time off, had to quit to go to graduation. insisted i change barrels of garbage at 2 am when he was here in broad daylight. only got paid for hours on schedule, when i could be there 2 hours past. Glad they got new owners.
A great place to work
Counter Attendent (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJune 25, 2014
Greeting and serving the customers is my favorite. I love people and I love making their day. You get to know the customers who you can joke around with and it is rewarding when you can make someone's day when they are going through a hard time. I loved cleaning and making the place welcoming like if it was my own home. I always found things to do when there were quiet times. I don't like to sit around...I like to keep going.
work
Counter Clerk (Former Employee), whitbyJune 25, 2014
not very fast paced but cultured and very good company to work for
great workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: great workplace
Cons: new management didn't hire anyone back on
loved working here but they got new management and didn't hire any of the former employees back on
Very engaging, fun, although...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONMay 3, 2014
I was lucky enough to have a very understanding boss and fun co-workers. Very interactive with regular customers coming in every day. Despite all of this, the job is very monotonous and at times (depending on how much volume each location gets) can be very demanding on the body. Overall though I had an amazing 6 years.
best place every
Sandwich maker (Former Employee), Stratford, onMarch 4, 2014
I had the best most fun co workers, including my managers. It was very laid back and professional at the same time. It was easy hours and very flexible schedule. There was always something to be done bt not had to be done, if you stayed after booked time due to things not being done you got paid for overtime! free food everyday. Amazing customers!
Great job while interacting with customers
Sandwich Maker, Cashier (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Owner was illegally paying his employees and at 3 dollars less than minimal wage. He fired me when I asked for minimum wage. He also let women under 18 work alone until 1:30AM without any supervision in a questionable neighbourhood.
I survived.
Cashier & Sandwich Server (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: it was only three hours, brought home a sandwich every day
Cons: threatened with violence, was physically abused, refused to increase hours, displays of violence at work, managers put me down in front of customers
A typical day at work:
- Put on uniform, clean the men and women's wash rooms
- Check stock, clean bottle caps, prepare fresh vegetables at back of the storage room
- Greet customers, clean up trays after customers leave
- Take out garbage
- Run the till while on lunch rush
- Re-fill stock and clean sinks/table tops

What I learned: Managers don't tell you what they want. They show you what they want. And sometimes, they take their personal issues out on you in an aggressive way.

Management: casual, minimal hassle, hours were consistent until I was layed off.

Co-workers: I only worked with the two bosses, there were 2 other women working evening shifts but I did not see them.

Hardest part of the job: Trying to make the bosses happy, and continuing to stay true to positive customer service in a toxic atmosphere

Most enjoyable part of the job: satisfying customers, making myself a sandwich; I could hardly get money to eat so this was a necessity.
Working at Mr.Sub
Cashier/ Prep work/ Cook (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: fun to work there
Cons: no busniess
Mr. Sub was fun to work at it was all hands on and I loved it. only thing is they went out of business in Stoney Creek because when high school kids where done school not many people when for subs