Mr. Sub Employee Reviews

Mr. Sub St. Johns NL (torbay/avalon mall/ ropewalk)
Sandwich Artist and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 May 2016
Worked at all 3 locations under the same owner on and off for 2-3 years. Mr sub in these locations atleast I know is not a good place to work. No secure hours, no flexible schedules no appreciation from staff, management or owner.
No benefits or sick time. No advancement. No pay raise no matter what or how many years you've been there. Very toxic place to work.
Pros
50% off anything in resturant, security cameras
Cons
Non schedule breaks, low staff, no apprecation
Young and friendly staff
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON21 November 2016
- A typical day at work would be baking bread, making sandwiches, working the cash and cleaning/maintenance.
-This job taught me how to work closely with others and how to efficiently approach situations.
-Management was very involved with and helpful to the team.
-Co-workers were friendly, helpful, supportive, and easy to work with.
-The hardest part of the job is cooking the bread just right.
-The regular customers are like family.
A friendly environment and a great place to eat with verity of choices on what kind of sub you would enjoy.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 December 2016
A typical day at work would be coming in checking to make sure everything is topped up and prepared for when needed, such as bread, front line (meats, cheese, veggies, and souses) serving customers then cleaning, dishes, sweep the floors, and cleaning bathrooms if needed. I have learned how important customer service can be and how it impacts the workplace. When it comes to co-workers I have a good relationship with them and work good as a team. The hardest part of my job is making sure everything is per-pared and backed up because we run out of product at times which makes customers unhappy. What I enjoy most at work is when customers leave satisfied with their visit and perches because then I know I am doing my job right.
Amazing co workers and an amazing boss goes a long way
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON11 August 2016
the atmosphere in this location is rarely stressful, the owner is a wonderful compassionate understanding individual. If you show good work ethic he treats you with that respect.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no benefits, not much room for growth
Family owned franchise
Store Owner - Ontario, Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2016
It was a joy to work at the store because of the people I came into contact with. It also gave me the freedom to have time off whenever my children (Who have since grown) were off from school. As a family run business it was convenient for me to work there as it was also close to home.
My brother in law was my coworker so it was a good way to bond as as a family.
What I learned is a family that works together stays together.
Pros
Close to home. Family run business.
Cons
Sold the business
small and unmanaged
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
Out of all the places I've worked. This one is the smallest with only closet space of room and 4 employees. Wouldn't recommend mostly because of management and ownership.
Pros
free 6 inch sub wtih every shift
Cons
confusing hours. no tips.
Great positive work enevironment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON11 October 2016
Great staff with a positve attitude. Felt very comfortable working there. I would reccomend this job to anyone looking for a fun fast paced job.
Long term nice place
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 September 2016
Been working at mr sub for a long time looking for a new challenge and new opportunity to widen my skills was great experience had a lot of fun
Productive, and fun place
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON18 April 2016
Lots to do , high turn over sometimes, co workers were awsome, customers love what they like.
It was a good place to work.
Long hours if not busy, lots of little things to remember
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
SAME FOOD
i really enjoy my work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 April 2016
its awesome place to work .I learn a lot from this place I love to work my whole life at this place I have nice staff and management
Good Food
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON16 August 2016
Always something to be done, enjoyed seeing my regulars even years after. Like any workplace it had busy and slow times.
Pros
free subs
Cons
train tracks on either side
best ever owner
mr.sub (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 July 2016
the environment is good and one can make good amount of money here and the owner over here is good to. overall best mr.sub in the town.
Cons
Bad
Opener/closer (Former Employee) –  NL23 September 2015
Management was beyond poor and the customers were rude, fellow employees were also very hard to work with. Never got the amount of hours that you wanted and there is no room for moving up in ranks or a pay raise.
Cons
Bad hours
Great Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London10 April 2016
Was my first job, I would take orders from individual customers and prepare sandwiches to customers preference. Throughout my experience with the company in two different cities I learned the responsibilities of opening and closing the store, which involved counting cash, making sure the tills were balance, all the equipment were off and the alarms were set on and off. I enjoyed working for both locations, they both were friendly to welcoming new employees and making there schedule work for their lifestyles.
Used to be a good place to work
Work as a cashier serving people (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 February 2016
Poorly management
What I learned: Managers don't tell you what they want. They show you what they want. And sometimes, they take their personal issues out on you in an aggressive way
great work place
Key holder/ sandwich maker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON5 May 2016
great place to work part time. flexible manager. if you're a student you can take time off for exams and projects. allows you to take time off when needed.
outgoing personalities in the workplace. everyone is very nice and inviting.
Great First Job
Sub Artist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 August 2015
Working at Mr. Sub really was a fun job. Everyone who worked there was very nice, and kind. Professional attitude. Only downside was the lack of benefits, and the little job security offered. But, other than that, hours were decent for the salary earned ($10.25 at the time)
Pros
Discounts on foods, and drinks
Cons
Little to no job security
Horrible Experence
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 March 2016
My Job was well enough and they tought me well on how to handle the food and cash but they didn't help when they were there. the Bosses were rude to emplyoees. treating us like dirt. I ended up sick and they yelled at me for calling in sick and saying I couldn't work due to working with food and not wanting to make other people sick
Very easy going, teaches great customer service
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 December 2015
Very fast paced environment with little room for error. However, you must deal with a lot of different types of people and it is a great way to learn how.Management seems to be very thorough with upkeeping of standards and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free sandwich at end of shift
Cons
Difficult to advance
A typical day at Tim Hortons, & Why i enjoyed working as a Mr. Sub employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 February 2016
A typical day at Mr. Sub, you greet the customers when they come in the door, ask them what you could get for them, and then you prepare their sub(s) and then cash them out at the register, and present the food to them. I enjoyed my job at Mr.Sub because it kept me busy, and I liked meeting new customers everyday. I'd like to be a pastry chef one day so i enjoy making things look presentable and nice, and i really enjoyed making subs.