Mr. Rooter Plumbing Employee Reviews

Pleased
General labour / Apprentice plumber (Former Employee) –  Streesville20 October 2017
Overall i had a very positive work experience while i was employed by Mr. Rooter plumbing. I learned a lot working with the journeyman plumbers on job sites of all sizes.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Rushed into solo work
Incredible Work environment and outstanding Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
Working at Mr. Rooter plumbing has set high expectations for further employment positions. The friendly staff, amazing work environment and customer service offered was beyond anything I've ever seen before.
Wasted effort for no respect or appreciation
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 July 2017
Spent years giving up all my free time suffering under the ridiculous commission pay system that benefits no one except the owners. Get ready for 2am service calls with no money made because the price is too high. Free qoutes on your own time... no compensation till you make the "sale". You dont get paid until the company does. And when you give notice you get robbed and have to go to labour standards. Slimy crooks with no respect for your life outside work. Run!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
Good
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 July 2017
This is a good place to work. A Family run company. Flexible and overall very good. Have been here 3 years. Techs are great to work with. The prople in the office are also just as great, overall all is good. Just wish it was closer to home.
Pros
Free Lunches, Hockey Game Tickets
Cons
Not close to home
No respect for family life
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
I would never want to not be paid to be on call ever again. Get ready leave at 2am and have the customer say no and receive no wages. Paid commission or hourly whatever suits the company and pays you less. All the franchise's are like this. They line their pockets with 500 dollar calls and you starve on the crumbs if you only get a call per day or less. Won't ever work for commission or crooked companies again. What a waste of years. If there was a negative stars for family life I'd apply it. Expect you to leave home in an instant whenever or wherever you are. Awful.
Pros
Cons
No life family or future
Good starting apprenticeship position
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 August 2016
Enjoyed working here. Lots of friendly people, and good management.
However the job security was not good.

Was placed with a senior plumber to assist him in any heavy lifting. He was an extremely knowledgable individual and taught me all of his neat tricks of the trade.
Most days were enjoyable. If not, they were at least educational.
Not my place to work
plumber (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2016
Hated that had to sign everyone up for a 'membership'
Regular 5 min jobs which any normal plumber wouldn't charge for if he had any morals cost clients in excess of $300.
Hated ripping people off because they didnt know better,
if this is something you can sleep at night doing then its the job for you.
Pros
new van
Cons
very hard to sell services, overpriced products and services, hard to make a wage some weeks.
productive and a good place to work
Plumber (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 March 2016
show up for work
wait to get a call to go on
get materials for job
drive to job
help customer out and complete job
paper work and then go to another job

i learn how to deal with customers and work in a more chaotic work environment.
Horrible job
staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta10 June 2014
It was a very horrible experience, worst job ever, promises were made but not kept.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
I have gained extensive office experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 May 2013
My typical day at work at Mr. Rooter consisted of booking clients for appointments and ensuring that the plumbers would arrive on time. I worked with about 8-10 plumbers at a given time so I had to ensure that every appointment was assigned to each plumber. I have learned and gained a lot of office experience from working there. I have learned HR, payroll, filling out worker's claims and sending them off to worker's, I have completed T4's for 2 consecutive years there, and have learned the everyday office duties such as filing, faxing, email, etc.
the most enjoyable part of that job was the people I have worked with. They were all so easy going and were very manageable.
Pros
Gained experience in all aspects of business
Cons
The job security
Awesome
Bookkeeper/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 December 2012
I enjoyed my time with Mr. Rooter Plumbing/Hy-Pro Plumbing. The staff were wonderful and the management were very understanding. This was a family oriented company and the President understood how important family is. I think I had a great report with customers and vendors as well as all staff.

IT IS A GREAT TEAM OF PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!
Pros
great people
It was a fun and friendly place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC7 January 2012
When it was time to work we worked hard and when it was quiet we would have little chit chat session with the boss. It was a lot of fun.
Pros
lunches, bbq's and parties
Cons
no benifets