Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual Employee Reviews

Perfect job for students
Waitress & Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 February 2018
It's a customer service job, so it definitely has bad days. However, the staff at the Regina locations are some of the most amazing people you will ever meet. Even on the most hectic nights, the staff works well as a team and the management is really understanding in terms of scheduling. It has been my home for three years and counting.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, staff discount
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Good team work
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2018
A typical work day involves familiarizing myself with my section and helping stock for the shift. It overall is a good company to work for. Sometimes find it immature and cliquey. I love interacting with the public.
Great Managers and great people
Server/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC5 January 2018
I had roughly 6 different managers while working at Mr. Mikes, all of which were extremely friendly and great to be with. The workers were all very nice and all seemed to enjoy being there. The environment Mr. Mikes set out was great for anyone wanting to join the restaurant business.
Fun amazing environment to work in
Server (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON7 December 2017
everyone who works at Mr.Mikes has an outgoing personality and are really easy to get along with. New company to Ontario, everyone is learning how to run a restaurant and how work with everyone.
Coworkers are amazing
Server (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK24 November 2017
enjoyed working with my coworkers
enjoyed being around customers
I have learned a lot about managing other people
improved a lot in my public communication skills
The Overall Area
Cook & Dish-Pit (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK10 November 2017
Friendly people with even better customers. Everyone always made it their goal to keep everyone happy but with patience and the help of others. It was always a happy time there.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Hours
productive, fast pace and fun work environment.
PREP/LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC7 November 2017
always challenges each day, have it be properly enforcing FIFO habits or keeping the busy hands persistence. learned how to execute time management in a efficient and sanitary manner, while prioritizing various tasks needing be done for the day. communication amoungst leaders could be better. Overall atmosphere of peoples attitude towards the business can be uplifting. The days workload is hardly efficient if the workers aren't compliant with one another, always a smoother day when a great deal of team work is put into action.
Pros
great tipout when lowered labour costs, awarded staff parties when customer satisfaction is at a high
Cons
shortened hours. miscommunication
worked as line cook for more than 8 months
Cook (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB1 November 2017
i was worked as a line cook for more than 8 months in last year 2016, its a good place to learn and get work experience,because its is a franchise , we are been under training and also to follow the procedures
good place to work, friendly staff
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 October 2017
As a current worker there, I have experienced great times and super busy nights. I love the restuarnt industry, but want to try out a few more jobs before i make a set goal.
Fast paced.
Host (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC19 October 2017
Hope you like dirty dishes! Job is entry level to become accustomed to the restraunt and how things work there. Main duties are to greet customers and clear tables.

Want to know more about Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual?

Ask a question
Fun workplace, lots of opportunity for learning
Server (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB11 October 2017
Excellent establishment to work in, loved my job and created amazing relationships with my fellow co-workers! Management was fairly poor but I got by because of my love for the industry. Other than that, it is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
Relationships
Enjoyable workplace
Supervisor/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK6 October 2017
My experience with Mr. Mikes was overall satisfactory. Management was willing to flex on my schedule and would work with me to find a good balance to my work weeks. The unfortunate part of that job was the high staff turnover, both staff and management, so it was difficult to set down roots and really get to know my team. The clientele were excellent, really never had any issues with people. All in all I enjoyed my time there.
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 October 2017
High turnover and frequently hiring new people. Staff are fun and outgoing and the customers are usually friendly and kind. Learning the menu is easy.
Poor Expirience
Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
Hours were not flexible
Lovely coworkers
Poor staffing, continually hired new waitresses despite being overstaffed, failed to hire in other positions that were lacking.
4 Stars
Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 September 2017
Working here was great, front of house staff are friendly and helpful. Hours were never an issue, management is very accommodating. Bust nights SUCKED, due to customers and the regular restaurant industry issues. Major downside, kitchen staff were often unfriendly/rude when under pressure or in general to workers.
A productive start into serving
Hostess, Server, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC27 August 2017
Mr. Mikes Mission provided me with the serving know how and customer service tools I used to further my career at Cactus Club. The workplace culture was standard for most family chain restaurants.
Great place to work.
Hostess, Bartender, and Server (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 August 2017
Spent many years working here. Wouldn't change a thing. Great people. Long hours. Great pay. Good tips. Good training. Helpful management. Flexible schedule.
Pros
20% off food when not working, %50 when on shift
Cons
No discount for family/friends or on drinks.
fun
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC24 April 2017
alot of work experience doing prep and even working the line you learn alot manage very well hard part is it very high class and your cooking have to be right you have to know what YOUR DOING
Great people to work with, just not enough hours to go around at the C
Hostess/Expo (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB27 February 2017
Wonderful management and employees, the Camrose location is a beautiful workspace. Very friendly atmosphere. Unfortunately the Camrose location isn't as busy as it used to be and the restaurant can't offer up many hours.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 February 2017
Very good workplace. Everybody is super understanding and nice. staff is very friendly and nice. very yummy food aswell at this business.
Pros
half price booze and food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual. Our community is ready to answer.