Mr. Lube Employee Reviews in Canada

great place to work
Master tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2016
mgmt is fantastic and the salary is negotiable with very friendly team members to help with any problem you may have. they lso pay you for training and have lots of incentives to help motivate you to work harder and move up in the company.
Pros
steady work and discounts
Cons
fast paced and confusing at times
Decent workplace and fast paced
Lube and Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Great place to start for a basic knowledge and experience into the automotive industry. Gets busy during tire seasons (Winter and Spring) but also has benefits as the bonus system is great.
Overall its a good place to start.
Pros
Decent Pay and Great Experience
Cons
Long Hours
Great opportunity to gain new knowledge
CERTIFIED UPPER LUBE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2016
A typical day would include oil and fluid changes for several customers, I learned about some of the mechanics of vehicles. Management was co-operative with my schedule to not conflict with my schooling and co-workers were very helpful with sharing their knowledge. The most difficult part of the job was filling time during slow periods and the most enjoyable part of the job was gaining experience and knowledge about cars.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Slow-down of work
fun work
automotive service technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2016
work on cars was the only good thing.
poor management
very poor structure for perks and less or no benefits.
Good place to start off with and learn technical things.
Short term job.
Meh
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 14, 2016
You're always pushed to sell useless car items such as air filters or engine flushes and coolant flush. If you don't sell these items your hours will be cut down.
Always under staffed on weekends and under paid. I would recommenced this job for a student or as a part time gig.
Pros
The workers
Cons
Management, under paid
rude company
Top Deck Changer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2016
they fired me because i messed up one order so i don't really care what i put because they are rude people at Mr. lube and they made me leave for one mistake so i don't what i say about them
Not a terrible place to work...
Technician (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 4, 2016
It is not bad working here for a short period if you're young and have bigger and better ambitions. However not the place for a career by any means. Low pay, no health benefits and lack of structured pay increase all bring moral down among employees. Strong reluctance to pay employees reflective of workload expected of them foster a bitterness in the workplace towards management.
Pros
Great team, great customers to work with
Cons
Low pay, little advancement or pay increase opportunities, no health benefits.
fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2016
it is a good place to work. its a good first step into a career with cars. would tell to people to worth there if they want to work with cars
Pros
close to a tims
Mr.Lube
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 7, 2016
The enjoyable part of my job is working with customers where i get to help them fix their vehicles on a daily basis of an 8 hour shift.

Each day at work is always a new learning experience regardless of how long you have been employed. Some of the things I learned where, knowing the inside and outside of the vehicle,customer interaction, customer sales, satisfying customers, managing staff.
Fun place to work
Senior Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 31, 2016
I was in the pit the whole time there, it was fast paced but rewarding experience.
I have learned how to change the gasket & fluid for transmissions & oil pans.
I was Certified in a few weeks as a Senior Lower Technician through the T.C.P program.
Sometimes it could be a little fast paced but that also makes your day go by faster.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
None that I know of.
Unique experience and great learning opportunity.
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 1, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Mr. Lube and have very few complaints with the establishment, although I am at the point where I am looking to make the next step and move onto something bigger.
Fun
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONMarch 15, 2016
Fast paced and great for quick learners. The position i took at Mr lube helped me develop my skills into what i am today. A great starting point for anyone looking to get into the industry,
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
poor managment
Fun workplace!
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 20, 2016
Great workplace and people! Mr. Lube unfortunately does not offer apprenticeship programs. I learned a great deal of automotive maintenance information and was introduced to the fast paced garage atmosphere.
Great work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 16, 2016
Work is simple yet interesting. The training provided was excellent, and the shop is up to date with equipment. Customers are pleasant to talk to during slow hours, because they enjoy the service.
Pros
free coffee, fair pay
Cons
tire season
Good
Automotive Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
Was really fun working here and learned a lot :). Must place to work if you are into cars and want to know the in's and out's of this business
fun place to work.
Automobile Technician (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCMay 24, 2016
fun place to work. good team and good atmosphere. clean environment even for a garage. good staff always willing to help one and other
average job
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 28, 2016
I needed a job when I first moved to Edmonton, and I worked at Mr. Lube. I learned how to change oil on vehicles at good speed with great care. I'm not very interested in working on vehicles.
Absolutely fantastic and condusive workplace to be a part of.
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
Upon arrival for each shift, other associates will be waving and welcoming you immediately. A standard workday is very upbeat, supportive and challenging. You never stop learning. I was taught basic upper technician skills and was certified as a lower technician. I learned all about different drive line fluids and their purpose, engine additives and their purpose, tire rotations, windshield wiper blades, light bulb replacements and complementary services under the vehicle. Management could not have been better at my location. They were always supportive, accommodating and encouraging. My coworkers were always working as a team. Not once was it ever a "fend for yourself" system. If ever I needed help, somebody was always there to lend me a hand and vice versa. The hardest part about working at Mr.Lube, for me, was working in mechanics as a female. Appropriately dealing with out of line customers is always a struggle for me. I was encouraged to stand my ground and request that they speak to me with a different tone and more respect. It was always a struggle for me though. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is knowing that everyday I will learn something and become that much more efficient. That is something that gives me a lot of pride and it helps the face of the company as well.
Pros
Learning
Cons
The location I worked at was very far for me to get to.
ok
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
It was okay, poorly managed, my co-workers were really nice though and they made the environment a lot more enjoyable. The work days were really long which sucked
good job
technician (Former Employee) –  surrey bcJune 29, 2015
As i started at this job it was great,promised lots of bonus's and pay raises.as i soon found out the bonus's that we worked so hard for where easily taken away for minor incidents.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
work weekends