Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the job just disagree with some of the practices.
Supervisor & Safety Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2018
I personally loved working on cars and guiding my team towards success for the company and for themselves however being let go because i am an honest person i feel is wrong. I will not run the company down but i will not reccomend others to work there. Least within the three london locations who are all run by the same owner.
Pros
Great customer interaction
Cons
Lacking management and buisness practices.
fast paced and great crew
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Torbay, NL26 January 2018
I worked for this company for little more than 2 months. Busy work and fast paced. The days pass in a hurry. Unfortunately they had to lay me off due to a slow work season.
Pros
free coffee & 1/2 price on services
Cons
sometimes no breaks, overtime is $12 not time and 1/2
Typical mr lube.
Lube tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2018
Location in Walmart. minimal experience needed. expect to work on all makes and models. efficiency is a must. shop laundry not provided. It was a job.
Pros
Shift work
Cons
Hard to accel your career
Mr Lube
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON24 January 2018
A great place to learn new skills and earn a great income through incentives as well as hourly. Training was very intense in a good way and very thorough.

Loved working for Mr Lube!
Knowledgeable
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2018
My first real sales/customer service job. I learned a ton of knowledge on service of vehicles as well as organization. This job really was a very good tool in helping me shape up for my future jobs. Hands on learning and awesome experience.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Pay didn't equal duties
great work place if you like sales andripping people off
Tire and Lube Technician & Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
great place to work at if you enjoy working on cars. not such a great place if you are an honest person that don't like ripping people off. store manager constantly hounding you to up sell more customers so they can meet there quota...
Fun place to work if you like very basic mechanics
Tire Technician & Bay Tech (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2018
Management is very kind at the location I worked at on Clyde/baseline Ottawa ON. The job is very fast paced, too much sometimes in my Opinion especially when dealing with something as delicate as oil changes and car health. How ever that is one of the selling feature and what makes Mr lube competitive in the oil change industry.
Okay workplace
Current Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 December 2017
Good job while working on getting to your career. Very relaxed environment as long as targets are being hit. Very high pressure sales environment. Good job.
Working at Mr. Lube
Lot Customer Service Attendance (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 December 2017
I learned about customer service and much more. Mr. Lube was an ok experience but had its downsides. My job would be mostly outside most of the time which can be a hassle when the weather conditions are bad.
Never again
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 December 2017
the owners will pressure you to up sell products, if you don't they will threaten to fire you.
they favor employees over others, especially of you up sell you will be a favorite .
Pros
commission is decent
Cons
unfair treatment, no raises and sometimes no breaks
Great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2017
Good place to work very busy and managers are nothing but good. Time goes by fast during your shifts. The company spends money on employee development.
Pros
Great place to grow
Cons
can be very dirty
Fun workplace, great training program.
Lube technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2017
While working at Mr. Lube, i noticed it was fast paced and there are always new things to learn. Management can be good depending which store you're working at. Hardest part of the job would be doing full vehicle services in a timely manner.
Pros
free hot chocolate/coffee
Cons
no overtime
Great place to work and do engine oil and filter, transmission oil and filter, differential oil service, tire change rotation , balancing and puncture
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 November 2017
Great entry level 310S work related job functions, in terms of experience and exposure to clients, day to day automotive service of sedans, SUVs and small trucks.
Learnt how to reset oil service interval light indicator for traditionally encountered motor vehicles that routinely travel on QEW and all other Canadian road ways
Pros
Flexible hours, readily available equipment and manage support
Cons
Nothing is perfect..so made the best of challenging situations
good people, bad customers and managers
Upper Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 November 2017
its all upselling. your trying to keep a ticket all day long and it only takes 3 or 4 bad cars in a row to ruin a 2 week long struggle of trying to make your commission. if youre a woman youll do great. charm em
Pros
good staff
Cons
you gotta love it
Do not work here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 November 2017
Horrible place to work for. They can't keep employees for very long. Shifts very from 5-10 hours which you don't get paid overtime for unless you go over 60h. Only time you get a break is if there isn't any cars, so you miss lunch often on 10h days or on Sunday. You will need to have $118.00 in sales on every car or get yelled at or hours cut. The job is all about up selling.
Pros
Sports ticket draw, free coffee
Cons
No set breaks, not paid overtime unless over 60h, up selling products or services not needed, horrible managment.
Poor management
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2017
Poor management and don't care about staff. All day and everyday were pushed to make sales and be unfaithful to customers. If the daily sales was not reached the staff would get low marks for the commission system.
Positive
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 October 2017
Great work place environment. Overall a very positive and knowledgeable place to work at. Highly recommened. Top notch customer service. No other store
excellent learning enviorment
Auto Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2017
-supervisor, manager, and co-workers very helpful at teaching the trade.
-supervisor very understanding of personal situation and working schedule.
-very grateful for everything that they have taught me and gave me the oppurtunity to work.
Pros
commission
Tire Tech
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2017
Being a tire tech and running my own bay was great, it's where I learned how to patch a tire and how to work with tires. When I started there the guy who trained me was amazing at his job and trained me well.
interesting and fun working place
AP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2017
Great business which includes stores across Canada, processing bills from difference provinces, pretty challenging the computer skill of Excel.

Friendly management environment.