Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

they dont know how to treat employees right
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2017
good spot to work if you are just starting out but not for long term. they have awesome discounts if you know someone with a vehicle. they have new owners now so they could be different
Good place to work part-time during school
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
Was a good working environment. Trained me in sales, technical work and customer service. Progressive system career-wise for those interested, but it does cap at store manager.
outdoor type feel during the summer
Lower technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 July 2017
work environment is decent, staff does there best to make it a fun day, but still get the jobs done. however management thinks there all that, least when i worked there...
Pros
if you like working on cars, easy place to start
Cons
no room for improvement, or increase in wages
Mr Lube Fleet Manager
Fleet Manager Representative - S. Alberta Region (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Mr. Lube has a great product and the franchisees work very hard to keep the customers satisfied and returning for maintenance. The service is second to none and in the case of a claim they work very hard to resolve the customers requirements.
Pros
Discounted vehicle maintenance, benefits
Cons
Salary was low
good company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 July 2017
very clean, and organized
working on cars non stop
recommending to customers that don't want to spend the money to get the services done from us, which is difficult on us and making our ticket for the month
Pros
good hours
Cons
too clean
Productive and fun workplace
Oil Changes (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2017
Got to learn many new skills by working hands on among fellow coworkers broadening my knowledge on the field. Everyone works as a team making the workplace a fun and enjoyable place to be.
Not a great place to work
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 July 2017
longs shifts with minimal breaks (30 min for 10 hour shift). Dirty work with lots of burn and cut hazards. Very monotonous work, with little variation in the days work
Pros
50% off services
Cons
long hours, minimal breaks
Flexible scheduling and great work life balance
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2017
Mr.Lube is a great place to start a car in automotive care. While working here I have learned a lot about vehicles I didn't know before such as the different types of oil and other fluids used for vehicles.
Pros
Monthly Draws for sports tickets, some benefits, flexible schedule.
Cons
low hours, poor training, sale targets.
Supervisor (Lead Hand) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
I worked for Mr. Lube for a total of 4 years, and I really did not like the way they pressured you to make sales. The fact is they force you to sell products and services that people don't even need.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not that great at my location
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 June 2017
I worked at mr Lube for some time and I enjoyed the people I worked with and the managers were great as well. The area managers don't really know how to do their job that great and they keep firing and hiring new people all of the time when it was unnecessary.
Lots of upselling and keeping your ticket up.
Lots of shop drama, employees getting complaints from customers I.E swearing, yelling etc and the area managers again never did nothing about it ..they would rather fire anybody else but the employees who get complaints.
This is a type of job u don't want to stay long at and even the people I worked with said that.
When I first started training was all unorganized and all over the place, people didn't train right, things always getting postponed etc...
Pros
Good co workers, shop managers etc
Cons
Area managers, cut hours, pressured to sell things when unnecessary
Certified Upper Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 June 2017
Not a bad place to work in and good people. The owner of the company is good with their workers and all the workers gets along so easily. I had alot of fun.
decent
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2017
liked working there, just didn't know the managed only hired me as a seasonal worker, decent place to work , had really good hours, and the other employees overall were really nice
whatever
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2017
whatever I don't care, I do not want to write reviews, change oil on vehicles and their filters like man, this is ridiculous, maybe ask people if they want to review their workplaces before forcing them too
Great Starter Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
At Mr.Lube I dealt with customers every day whether is was just an oil change or a complaint. I gained a lot of confidence in my ability to deal with issues regarding my co-workers or customers. I was in charge of dealing with the work place to make sure everything went smoothly each day, this included opening/closing the store, lunch breaks and even daily shipments. For a first time job the work place is great but I found the longer you stayed with the company the less chance for advancement was available and pay was rather low. Management I felt was great at the in-store level but higher ups I felt had no idea what was going on half the time as they rarely visited any of their locations other than the main store. They felt out of touch with each store. Mainly enjoyed the flexibility I was given while in university.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours with limited time off
Awful environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 June 2017
The managers there yelled at us not to up sell the customer, but when our ticket for the day (how much we sold) dropped below $150 per car they would yell at us to sell more.
Cons
Fast paced enviroment for novice automotive technicians
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
Mr. Lube is a decent place for individuals with less experience looking to pursue a career in the automotive industry. Entry level skills for automotive technicians.
good for a teenager
Retail Investigator (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 June 2017
Its a good first time job to get started in the work force. easy hours and very easy work. Can get busy and very fast paced. Staff is mostly friendly.
Pros
good starting point
Cons
long hours, pay, managemetn
Great place to work.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2017
a lot of hard work and fun. They people were great and I learn a lot from them. The bosses were flexible. It was a great place to work for and a lot of fun..
Pros
close by.
Cons
fun place with inexperienced manager
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Learned quite a bit at Mr.Lube to bad it was poorly run. The management were never involved in training or assisting employees.
The best part of the job would be working on cars.
Pros
work on cars
Cons
management
Good first job
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
If your an person trying to get into the automotive industry this is a great place to start learning the basics of the trade. The management and supervisors were always there to help.