Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

Positive
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 October 2017
Great work place environment. Overall a very positive and knowledgeable place to work at. Highly recommened. Top notch customer service. No other store
Tire Tech
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2017
Being a tire tech and running my own bay was great, it's where I learned how to patch a tire and how to work with tires. When I started there the guy who trained me was amazing at his job and trained me well.
good work place with horrible managment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
i thought that it was a good place to find work and it payed a pretty decent salary but the management there was harsh and they did not care about their customers needs
Pros
50 percent of on oil changes
Cons
terrible manager
good positive atmosphere
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
Really enjoyed and still do working for mr.lube, they treat all there employees the way they should be treated and it's nice because more woke places need to be like that.
Pros
wage is too low
Cons
automotive experience
good place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
good people to work with , great group effert , great enviorment
a day at work is getting oil changes , and getting the job done right and make sure its fast but efficient

hardest part of the job is makeing sure that everyone is doing there job , right.
most enjoyable part of the job is working with the other employees good group of people.
Cons
no cons
grea work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2017
Amazing salary and shifts rotations, great benefits and very diverse.
would love the opportunity to work there again. The company gives back to employees by helping get great bonuses
they dont know how to treat employees right
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2017
good spot to work if you are just starting out but not for long term. they have awesome discounts if you know someone with a vehicle. they have new owners now so they could be different
Good place to work part-time during school
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
Was a good working environment. Trained me in sales, technical work and customer service. Progressive system career-wise for those interested, but it does cap at store manager.
outdoor type feel during the summer
Lower technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 July 2017
work environment is decent, staff does there best to make it a fun day, but still get the jobs done. however management thinks there all that, least when i worked there...
Pros
if you like working on cars, easy place to start
Cons
no room for improvement, or increase in wages
Mr Lube Fleet Manager
Fleet Manager Representative - S. Alberta Region (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Mr. Lube has a great product and the franchisees work very hard to keep the customers satisfied and returning for maintenance. The service is second to none and in the case of a claim they work very hard to resolve the customers requirements.
Pros
Discounted vehicle maintenance, benefits
Cons
Salary was low
good company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 July 2017
very clean, and organized
working on cars non stop
recommending to customers that don't want to spend the money to get the services done from us, which is difficult on us and making our ticket for the month
Pros
good hours
Cons
too clean
Productive and fun workplace
Oil Changes (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2017
Got to learn many new skills by working hands on among fellow coworkers broadening my knowledge on the field. Everyone works as a team making the workplace a fun and enjoyable place to be.
Not a great place to work
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 July 2017
longs shifts with minimal breaks (30 min for 10 hour shift). Dirty work with lots of burn and cut hazards. Very monotonous work, with little variation in the days work
Pros
50% off services
Cons
long hours, minimal breaks
Flexible scheduling and great work life balance
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2017
Mr.Lube is a great place to start a car in automotive care. While working here I have learned a lot about vehicles I didn't know before such as the different types of oil and other fluids used for vehicles.
Pros
Monthly Draws for sports tickets, some benefits, flexible schedule.
Cons
low hours, poor training, sale targets.
Supervisor (Lead Hand) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
I worked for Mr. Lube for a total of 4 years, and I really did not like the way they pressured you to make sales. The fact is they force you to sell products and services that people don't even need.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not that great at my location
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 June 2017
I worked at mr Lube for some time and I enjoyed the people I worked with and the managers were great as well. The area managers don't really know how to do their job that great and they keep firing and hiring new people all of the time when it was unnecessary.
Lots of upselling and keeping your ticket up.
Lots of shop drama, employees getting complaints from customers I.E swearing, yelling etc and the area managers again never did nothing about it ..they would rather fire anybody else but the employees who get complaints.
This is a type of job u don't want to stay long at and even the people I worked with said that.
When I first started training was all unorganized and all over the place, people didn't train right, things always getting postponed etc...
Pros
Good co workers, shop managers etc
Cons
Area managers, cut hours, pressured to sell things when unnecessary
Certified Upper Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 June 2017
Not a bad place to work in and good people. The owner of the company is good with their workers and all the workers gets along so easily. I had alot of fun.
decent
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2017
liked working there, just didn't know the managed only hired me as a seasonal worker, decent place to work , had really good hours, and the other employees overall were really nice
whatever
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2017
whatever I don't care, I do not want to write reviews, change oil on vehicles and their filters like man, this is ridiculous, maybe ask people if they want to review their workplaces before forcing them too
Great Starter Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
At Mr.Lube I dealt with customers every day whether is was just an oil change or a complaint. I gained a lot of confidence in my ability to deal with issues regarding my co-workers or customers. I was in charge of dealing with the work place to make sure everything went smoothly each day, this included opening/closing the store, lunch breaks and even daily shipments. For a first time job the work place is great but I found the longer you stayed with the company the less chance for advancement was available and pay was rather low. Management I felt was great at the in-store level but higher ups I felt had no idea what was going on half the time as they rarely visited any of their locations other than the main store. They felt out of touch with each store. Mainly enjoyed the flexibility I was given while in university.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours with limited time off