Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

Fast paced, attention to detail oriented
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 December 2016
Generally fast paced environment but varies by season and location, you will learn a fair amount about cars, services, products and sales. You are dealing with public and varying degrees of automotive knowledge and tasks so it can be really easy and fun or really frustrating depending on the customer, service, type of vehicle etc. Quality of co-workers and management will vary depending on the locations you work at, I've personally had bother very enjoyable and very aggravating ones but I guess that really is the case in most places. Most enjoyable part of the job for me was the satisfaction of doing a good job and truly helping someone out, even if it was just something I did of my own accord that wasn't a company related service. Hardest parts of the job are getting the real knack for properly conveying information to and dealing with the public at times, everyone is different so theres not really one set way to do it. Compensation isn't great, more of an entry level job.
A fast-paced job that is made easy by the people that work there
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 January 2017
Mr. Lube is an auto shop meant for keeping up on and replacing the fluids within your vehicle. While easy to do, the volume of customers means you can't sit still for too long. At times, the amount of people that need their cars maintained can be overwhelming. And this can easily frustrate you as sometimes, things do not happen the way you want them to. But, this frustrating atmosphere is lightened by the humour and laid back personalities of the people that work there. As an employee at Mr. Lube, you are immediately taught the skills and safety procedures that will make you a successful employee. Management tries its hardest to create an evenly weighted schedule that means every employee will be happy with his/her hours. But if they aren't, then management is open to suggestions and welcomes ideas on how to fix any problems they might have.
terrible management
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK29 January 2017
brutal environment, expected to lie to customers to up sell products, management cares more about customers and profit than their own employees, expected to work minimum 6 days a week, not allowed to take holidays, no benefits or sick days etc. wage is too low for that type of job
constant flow of vehicles, Friendly Lower Tech's
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2017
A typical Day at work would be me catching a bus to the shop before my shift, arriving and getting changed into my uniform, then going downstairs, clocking-in, going into the pit, working on 30-40+ cars, depending on the day (Sundays were the busiest) until my shift was over, usually 8:00 PM (closing) then catching the same bus in the other direction and went home. Most of what I know now is because of Mr. Lube such as: Oil changes, Transmission fluid replacement, Differential fluid replacement, Undercoating Services and was the start of my learning process of dismounting and remounting tires. the hardest part of the job would have to be the 12Hr shifts, or being the only tech downstairs on a Sunday. The most enjoyable part of the job would've been making friends with the main Lower Tech and the money I was making. Enjoyable place to work, if you got the time and patience for fast paced oil changed and a good attitude towards customers.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
some of the management was okay, but some were ignorant and as a cause, are no longer working there
Great enviorment,Great upper management, Great Training and great flexibility
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2016
Mr.Lube started as my job 8 years ago. when i was 15. When i started in this company, i just looked at it as a job to help me through school and pay for sports. After 4 years and when i was in university i realised the potential this company has and the room for advancement is huge. there are over 15 store in Calgary. and they are always looking to improve to be the best. I made it to supervisor after my 6th year. It took some time but i was also extremely young and ignorant. Mr.Lube taught me to be humble and enjoy life. work to make yourself better. after i caught wind of this message that they were teaching me, i made it to manager within a year. It allowed me to buy a house and provide for my family with full benefits. Amazing company and gave me a chance to change and better my life.
Pros
Benefits, 44 hour weeks, Bonuses, Life Mentoring.
Excellent work, terrible manager
Upper Technician/Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
I loved working at Mr. Lube, it was a good learning opportunity for automotive service. The coworkers were awesome. Most of the management was alright, but a couple managers were so focused on profitability that they neglected to prioritize employees. Many times making money was more important than following morals or being a considerate human. They also had an extremely questionable sales expectation, which I believed to be inappropriate in such an environment.
Not a terrible place to work...
Technician (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 May 2016
It is not bad working here for a short period if you're young and have bigger and better ambitions. However not the place for a career by any means. Low pay, no health benefits and lack of structured pay increase all bring moral down among employees. Strong reluctance to pay employees reflective of workload expected of them foster a bitterness in the workplace towards management.
Pros
Great team, great customers to work with
Cons
Low pay, little advancement or pay increase opportunities, no health benefits.
Fun and productive
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
Lots of room for advancement within the company and bonus based on sales. Great team, and management opportunities. Lower tech is overworked, and uppertechs need to do more.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Dirty
fun work palce
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
Mr Lube was Good Shop, and they will teach more that you need to learn, specially the management they are so friendly, and they are willing to give you chance to do your best.
Pros
free uniform
Nice fast pace environment
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2017
The typical day at Mr.Lube is coming into work, and then you start taking cars. You have to know how to use the computer in order to pull up customers information.The management is ok.
Pros
You get a bonus if you sold enough product
Cons
Not really full time like they advertise when they recruit you.
A very hectic and fast paced place to work.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2016
*During a typical day at work, we would change oil, transmission fluids, differentials, radiator fluid, air filter, windshield wipers

*I learned after being there what different parts os the engine we could service and how to make the customers care run more efficiently by suggesting the appropriate products accordingly

*Management was efficient, willing to teach and took their time to engage me and show me each part of my job, answering questions when I didn't always understand

*My co-workers were always willing to share information with me when I needed help and the management was busy, they also would show me different suggestions I could make to help the customers vehicle run better

*The hardest yet most enjoyable job was sales, sales was where I struggled at first because I often didn't understand the purpose or reasons for everything I sold but by diligently asking questions and getting guided answers I learned what each component offered in the running and efficiency of the vehicle and learned to know when things needed to be changed and could adequately offer the correct services to customers myself
Very fast paced and professional environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2016
- Very rewarding job IF you're a go goetter
- Hours were not too long
- Management was very flexible
- Co-workers were very friendly
- Hardest part of the job was working during the winter time were it was slow and cold
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Incentive deductions
Fun environment
Supervisor/Sales Associate/Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 February 2017
Look over customers vehicle
Repair anything needed with customers permissions
Check tire pressure, wash windows and lube door hinges
Pros
free saturday lunch
Cons
management
great place to be
Business Administrator + Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 November 2016
this was one of the most funnest places i have worked the management wants you to learn and progress to become a manager or smarter tech, everybody is super friendly and never a dual moment but then again i had the best boss. he was willing to put me threw school and really cared about me
Pros
everything
Cons
low pay
pushy environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
not a good place to wrok only take
the job if you are desperate like i was.
not a good place for working
find different place if possible
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours, rude customer, bad managem
fast past and fun
Oil Technician Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 February 2017
work clean floors keep the shop clean at all time put stock away and into the computers fast past multi task clean drains make sure the shop is 100% for start of the next day work on any problems and help customers and explain any questions they have to ask about there cars
Pros
made a bonus on what we sold awesome people to work with
Cons
WAS TO FAR FROM HOME
Poor Training
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 July 2016
Learn as you go type of training. Work was given before proper training was provided. Management was never there for the employees. Hours and pay was withheld or taken by foreign workers. Credit not given where due by managers but taken as if the manager was a one-man-army. Stress-load is huge on staff to sell everything, even if customers didn't need it. Some staff went as far as taking old grease from a boot to convince customers of problems that were not there.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Bonuses unattainable with honesty
fun and high paced environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 December 2016
I enjoyed everything about this place. The people I worked with and my manager were all great to be around. The customer base was good, many good people and regulars would come in. Training was excellent and so was the extra knowledge bestowed upon me from my manager.
Pros
fast paced environment and good people
Cons
max out on the pay scale quickly if you do well
Employees are more like friends than employees
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 February 2017
Everyday was greeted with a smile. There would be many jokes in the shop, a very happy environment. Everybody would work as a team, so as nothing would be left alone to one person, and would also not put the blame on one, but on all, as it is a team environment as well.
Good job if you are looking to get into the automotive industry
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 March 2017
Good first job. Not a very good long term job. Basic skills are learned working on vehicles. People skills are a huge importance in this job. Not for shy people.
Pros
Easy relaxing days
Cons
Long exhausting days

2.9