Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

fun and high paced environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 December 2016
I enjoyed everything about this place. The people I worked with and my manager were all great to be around. The customer base was good, many good people and regulars would come in. Training was excellent and so was the extra knowledge bestowed upon me from my manager.
Pros
fast paced environment and good people
Cons
max out on the pay scale quickly if you do well
Fast paced, attention to detail oriented
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 December 2016
Generally fast paced environment but varies by season and location, you will learn a fair amount about cars, services, products and sales. You are dealing with public and varying degrees of automotive knowledge and tasks so it can be really easy and fun or really frustrating depending on the customer, service, type of vehicle etc. Quality of co-workers and management will vary depending on the locations you work at, I've personally had bother very enjoyable and very aggravating ones but I guess that really is the case in most places. Most enjoyable part of the job for me was the satisfaction of doing a good job and truly helping someone out, even if it was just something I did of my own accord that wasn't a company related service. Hardest parts of the job are getting the real knack for properly conveying information to and dealing with the public at times, everyone is different so theres not really one set way to do it. Compensation isn't great, more of an entry level job.
Very fast paced and professional environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2016
- Very rewarding job IF you're a go goetter
- Hours were not too long
- Management was very flexible
- Co-workers were very friendly
- Hardest part of the job was working during the winter time were it was slow and cold
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Incentive deductions
great place to be
Business Administrator + Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 November 2016
this was one of the most funnest places i have worked the management wants you to learn and progress to become a manager or smarter tech, everybody is super friendly and never a dual moment but then again i had the best boss. he was willing to put me threw school and really cared about me
Pros
everything
Cons
low pay
Lower technician
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
· Specialized in repairing and maintaining automotive transmissions.
· Repaired, replaced and adjusted brakes.
· Engine, transmission and differential oil change.
High Security Exam
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
Invigilation hundreds of people at a high security was not a challenge but the atmosphere where importance of team work was really high.Working at British Council was a great experience as the work atmosphere was amazing.
Fun and productive
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
Lots of room for advancement within the company and bonus based on sales. Great team, and management opportunities. Lower tech is overworked, and uppertechs need to do more.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Dirty
Fun and worked hard with other members of the team.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2016
Had a great time working with the guys, managers were pretty understanding. Worked at the busiest Mr. Lube in the southside so that was pretty hard. The most enjoyable part was clearing rushes and making sure the store was making money to get our bonuses.
Pros
I liked what I was doing
Cons
Tiring work
dirty job
Lower technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2016
well what can i say, its a messy job but someones gotta do it, adding into something rather interesting.... you learn a little bit and or basic information on the vehicles you drive today
Pros
fun and always busy
Cons
you are a complete dirty mess at the end of the day
A very hectic and fast paced place to work.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2016
*During a typical day at work, we would change oil, transmission fluids, differentials, radiator fluid, air filter, windshield wipers

*I learned after being there what different parts os the engine we could service and how to make the customers care run more efficiently by suggesting the appropriate products accordingly

*Management was efficient, willing to teach and took their time to engage me and show me each part of my job, answering questions when I didn't always understand

*My co-workers were always willing to share information with me when I needed help and the management was busy, they also would show me different suggestions I could make to help the customers vehicle run better

*The hardest yet most enjoyable job was sales, sales was where I struggled at first because I often didn't understand the purpose or reasons for everything I sold but by diligently asking questions and getting guided answers I learned what each component offered in the running and efficiency of the vehicle and learned to know when things needed to be changed and could adequately offer the correct services to customers myself
pushy environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
not a good place to wrok only take
the job if you are desperate like i was.
not a good place for working
find different place if possible
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours, rude customer, bad managem
fun work palce
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
Mr Lube was Good Shop, and they will teach more that you need to learn, specially the management they are so friendly, and they are willing to give you chance to do your best.
Pros
free uniform
Not a Career
assitant sales manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 August 2016
long and confusing.
lots of sales
no teammanship
great people
no leadership

I am 32 and i have alot to offer. I wish to work for something real and stable.
Decent Company
Service advisor (Current Employee) –  16 ave at Edmonton Trail2 August 2016
Good job, good people, low pay.
Meet lots of interesting people.
Learned a lot about cars and basic repair procedures.
Hardest part was dealing with customers who don't want to spend money.
Great enviorment,Great upper management, Great Training and great flexibility
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2016
Mr.Lube started as my job 8 years ago. when i was 15. When i started in this company, i just looked at it as a job to help me through school and pay for sports. After 4 years and when i was in university i realised the potential this company has and the room for advancement is huge. there are over 15 store in Calgary. and they are always looking to improve to be the best. I made it to supervisor after my 6th year. It took some time but i was also extremely young and ignorant. Mr.Lube taught me to be humble and enjoy life. work to make yourself better. after i caught wind of this message that they were teaching me, i made it to manager within a year. It allowed me to buy a house and provide for my family with full benefits. Amazing company and gave me a chance to change and better my life.
Pros
Benefits, 44 hour weeks, Bonuses, Life Mentoring.
Poor Training
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 July 2016
Learn as you go type of training. Work was given before proper training was provided. Management was never there for the employees. Hours and pay was withheld or taken by foreign workers. Credit not given where due by managers but taken as if the manager was a one-man-army. Stress-load is huge on staff to sell everything, even if customers didn't need it. Some staff went as far as taking old grease from a boot to convince customers of problems that were not there.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Bonuses unattainable with honesty
customizing Car, break dance
Lube technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 June 2016
i don't have problem working with others. problem solving. I learned a lot of things every job that i did... and I'm just a past learner...
fun place to work.
Automobile Technician (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC24 May 2016
fun place to work. good team and good atmosphere. clean environment even for a garage. good staff always willing to help one and other
Not a terrible place to work...
Technician (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 May 2016
It is not bad working here for a short period if you're young and have bigger and better ambitions. However not the place for a career by any means. Low pay, no health benefits and lack of structured pay increase all bring moral down among employees. Strong reluctance to pay employees reflective of workload expected of them foster a bitterness in the workplace towards management.
Pros
Great team, great customers to work with
Cons
Low pay, little advancement or pay increase opportunities, no health benefits.
Productive workplace, excellent for an introduction to mechanics.
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2016
Its all about customer service here, this company goes above and beyond to please their client base. Typical day includes doing oil changes and other preventative maintenance work on various types of vehicles like changing filters, rotating tires, ect. The hardest part of the job is probably the physical stuff- like wrestling with an extremely tight filter, or hustling around while maintaining safety procedures. The most enjoyable thing is the sense of camaraderie between co-workers, the fresh air you get from an inside/outside work environment, and that your constantly learning something new even though the work can be tedious.
Pros
comprehensive introductory automotive education
Cons
Little pay, pressure-selling, micro-management

2.9