Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

Good as a part time job
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2017
Standard management issues good environment, very flexible hours, many opportunities to learn. You get to work as a team and as an individual at the same time
It could be better...
Master Technician/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON9 April 2017
Mr Lube does not provide promotions that equal an increase in pay. The staffing team does not work together and pushes customers to purchase services. The management team pushes sales and does not respect the staff. The experience and fast paced environment prepares you to work in the field at a pace that is comfortable.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hours, working weekends
good place if you like a challenge
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 April 2017
to take the time to actually submit a review based off experience would talk more then 160 words. in shirt, it is a good place to work if you like to challenge yourself
Fun people to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 March 2017
the people you work with are great but the management is horrible they only care about making the next dollar not what the customer needs, if the upper management was not there the place would have been an amazing place to work.
Pros
good people to work with.
Cons
really bad upper management
Challenging and competitive
Service Tech Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2017
Enjoyable workplace with many exciting challenges. Very competitive within sales, which I enjoyed most. Management was kind and understand through any issues.
Fun experience
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheppard, ON13 March 2017
i learned a lot from Mr.lube and I had a great time working there. The work the environment was also great. And also the my co workers were nice and supportive and my manager.
good place tosatrt
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC6 March 2017
Not professional.. Head office never there to back you up or always on our back due to lack of training ofer to the staff.

Staff that i was able or told to hire was people that didint know the trade or and didint want to push foward into this direction
Pros
Team
Cons
Team
not a very good company to work for
Lube & Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2017
since the company is franchise owned they get away with a lot of stuff and they know they can. good company but cheap and inconsiderate
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
unprofessional, rude, cheap
Good job if you are looking to get into the automotive industry
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 March 2017
Good first job. Not a very good long term job. Basic skills are learned working on vehicles. People skills are a huge importance in this job. Not for shy people.
Pros
Easy relaxing days
Cons
Long exhausting days
Employees are more like friends than employees
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 February 2017
Everyday was greeted with a smile. There would be many jokes in the shop, a very happy environment. Everybody would work as a team, so as nothing would be left alone to one person, and would also not put the blame on one, but on all, as it is a team environment as well.
constant flow of vehicles, Friendly Lower Tech's
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2017
A typical Day at work would be me catching a bus to the shop before my shift, arriving and getting changed into my uniform, then going downstairs, clocking-in, going into the pit, working on 30-40+ cars, depending on the day (Sundays were the busiest) until my shift was over, usually 8:00 PM (closing) then catching the same bus in the other direction and went home. Most of what I know now is because of Mr. Lube such as: Oil changes, Transmission fluid replacement, Differential fluid replacement, Undercoating Services and was the start of my learning process of dismounting and remounting tires. the hardest part of the job would have to be the 12Hr shifts, or being the only tech downstairs on a Sunday. The most enjoyable part of the job would've been making friends with the main Lower Tech and the money I was making. Enjoyable place to work, if you got the time and patience for fast paced oil changed and a good attitude towards customers.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
some of the management was okay, but some were ignorant and as a cause, are no longer working there
Fun environment
Supervisor/Sales Associate/Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 February 2017
Look over customers vehicle
Repair anything needed with customers permissions
Check tire pressure, wash windows and lube door hinges
Pros
free saturday lunch
Cons
management
fast past and fun
Oil Technician Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 February 2017
work clean floors keep the shop clean at all time put stock away and into the computers fast past multi task clean drains make sure the shop is 100% for start of the next day work on any problems and help customers and explain any questions they have to ask about there cars
Pros
made a bonus on what we sold awesome people to work with
Cons
WAS TO FAR FROM HOME
terrible management
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK29 January 2017
brutal environment, expected to lie to customers to up sell products, management cares more about customers and profit than their own employees, expected to work minimum 6 days a week, not allowed to take holidays, no benefits or sick days etc. wage is too low for that type of job
Nice fast pace environment
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2017
The typical day at Mr.Lube is coming into work, and then you start taking cars. You have to know how to use the computer in order to pull up customers information.The management is ok.
Pros
You get a bonus if you sold enough product
Cons
Not really full time like they advertise when they recruit you.
good place to work
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 January 2017
Nice boss and colleagues. The manager hired me even I have no experience. And willing to adjust shift schedule to let me settle down my family. I leave just for more focus on family.
Pros
willing to train new guy
Excellent work, terrible manager
Upper Technician/Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
I loved working at Mr. Lube, it was a good learning opportunity for automotive service. The coworkers were awesome. Most of the management was alright, but a couple managers were so focused on profitability that they neglected to prioritize employees. Many times making money was more important than following morals or being a considerate human. They also had an extremely questionable sales expectation, which I believed to be inappropriate in such an environment.
A fast-paced job that is made easy by the people that work there
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 January 2017
Mr. Lube is an auto shop meant for keeping up on and replacing the fluids within your vehicle. While easy to do, the volume of customers means you can't sit still for too long. At times, the amount of people that need their cars maintained can be overwhelming. And this can easily frustrate you as sometimes, things do not happen the way you want them to. But, this frustrating atmosphere is lightened by the humour and laid back personalities of the people that work there. As an employee at Mr. Lube, you are immediately taught the skills and safety procedures that will make you a successful employee. Management tries its hardest to create an evenly weighted schedule that means every employee will be happy with his/her hours. But if they aren't, then management is open to suggestions and welcomes ideas on how to fix any problems they might have.
fun and high paced environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 December 2016
I enjoyed everything about this place. The people I worked with and my manager were all great to be around. The customer base was good, many good people and regulars would come in. Training was excellent and so was the extra knowledge bestowed upon me from my manager.
Pros
fast paced environment and good people
Cons
max out on the pay scale quickly if you do well
Fast paced, attention to detail oriented
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 December 2016
Generally fast paced environment but varies by season and location, you will learn a fair amount about cars, services, products and sales. You are dealing with public and varying degrees of automotive knowledge and tasks so it can be really easy and fun or really frustrating depending on the customer, service, type of vehicle etc. Quality of co-workers and management will vary depending on the locations you work at, I've personally had bother very enjoyable and very aggravating ones but I guess that really is the case in most places. Most enjoyable part of the job for me was the satisfaction of doing a good job and truly helping someone out, even if it was just something I did of my own accord that wasn't a company related service. Hardest parts of the job are getting the real knack for properly conveying information to and dealing with the public at times, everyone is different so theres not really one set way to do it. Compensation isn't great, more of an entry level job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Lube. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9