Mr. Lube

Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The work was very enjoyable! The way the managed the staff, not so much.
Automotive Service Adviser/Technician (Former Employee), London, ONJune 22, 2015
Pros: Working on cars, close to home at one point, I learned a lot.
Cons: Bad management, underpaid, inappropriate shop owner, working 13-14 days in a row regularly.
When I worked for Mr. Lube I generally would start by arriving to work about 7:20am to start getting the shop ready for customers by, starting up the computers, turning on equipment and setting up the bays. As my coworkers arrived I would delegate duties for them to get the store ready for the customers. Once I opened the store and customers would pull up I would guide them into the bays inside and begin their oil change service with a 21-point inspection, I would then make manufacturer approved recommendations and perform services as needed. I would also make sure that the other staff were doing well and help if needed. Once my supervisor or manager arrived I would usually go on my 30 min lunch break then continue back to working on cars until my shift was over. The shop would run about 20-40 cars a day and I would do about 5-15 all depending on how busy it was. Although I did very much enjoy the work I did the way that they managed and treated their staff lead me to resign.
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Hands - on Training
Cons: Long Hours
Learned a lot about about general maintenance of various type of vehicles. Good, supportive management. Involved a lot of shift work but the hours were good during the summer
Productive and Quick Paced
Lower Technician (Former Employee), Newmarket, OntarioMay 7, 2015
Pros: Excellent Work Area
Cons: Not Enough Hours
Was 6 years ago and I just had a bad experience with a former manager. Other than that it was a great company to work for. Taught me a lot more about the business.
Leaving due to management
Lower Bay Technician (Current Employee), London, OntarioApril 10, 2015
Pros: Friendly Co-workers, nothing else
Cons: Horrible hours, inconsistent shifts, unprofessional management, too many staff meetings, no "bonus" insight
Disorganized and a complete mess is the simplest way to describe Mr. Lube. Constant shift changes, borderline religious staff meetings, and treated as if you're nothing. I am glad I was able to use this "company" as a stepping stone to get to bigger companies but that is all I am happy about when it comes to working here. I will not be returning and I will try to steer as many people as I can from every going to work here or get a service here.
work place strictly based on sales
Senior Lube Technician/Supervisor (Current Employee), brampton, ont.March 31, 2015
Good co-workers for the most part.
Learned more about sales then anything else.
Sales driven.
U do not need to know much about cars to work there as long as U can sell.
good learning environment
Technician (Former Employee), torontoFebruary 20, 2015
I had good co-workers, it was an interactive environment and was a great learning experience. Long hours and generally very busy
good learning workplace.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: Good hours, Great work
Cons: Management, expendable employees.
Mr.Lube is a good place to work if you would like to further your education on mechanics. But has many flaws, for example, the management only cares about how much money they make, not about their employees.
Great front line staff but not so great upper managment.
Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: discount on services
Cons: salaried employees had no set weekly hours. too many 60 hr weeks.
My day would start off with me opening the shop and powering up all our devices. Next I would catch up on the previous evenings notes and concerns, check their numbers and any new emails from the late shift. After that it would be time to start greeting the customers and continue with my help in training the new staff to meet, greet and process all our clients. Most days are fun, filled with light banter and what not. At the end of each month we do our inventory and review the monthly numbers to see how we can improve. Probably the hardest part of the job for me was to deal with the claims from the angry customers. My need to give the best service possible and to make everyone happy makes it hard to deal with those who find my abilities to do so lacking, but that's what a manager does so you suck it up and smile and apologize.
Fun workplace
Service Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough money
Taking order & filling them to customer satisfaction
Responsible for customer Service
Prepare & cook meals
Clean kitchen & work area
Food Handling
Acceptable environment
Automotive Lube / Tire Technician (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Not Bad

- Acceptable somewhat friendly environment

- Insufficient Training

- Good attention to Detail

- Salary

- Acceptable quality Control
No well manage
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCJanuary 20, 2015
No chief in the place and some what real disorganize.

manager is not a mechanic and know nothing to fix situation
opens doors
Service Advisor/Technician (Former Employee), calgary albertaJanuary 8, 2015
As a former employee of Mr. Lube, I can easily say that this job isn't the greatest possible job to get for someone that is trying to advance in the mechanic career but it does open doors to other big companies like Honda or Nissan
Bad
Upper Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 1, 2015
Lots of drama and unpleasant employees who tried to make everything a competition ...

Would greet customers with menu and newspaper and tell them waiting time
Part Time
Senior Lower and Upper Deck Technician (Current Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Great work culture for people who love cars. Hands on experience with tools and techniques.
great place to work at, always busy.
Upper Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2014
co-workers were amazing, very busy. always something to keep you busy.
Mr. Lube Service/Lube Technician
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2014
Pros: working on cars
Cons: corrupt and indulgent staff, lack training protocol
Lack of proper training. Dispensable employees and social circle dynamics. New workers are especially under-appreciated and exploited for their hard work;stifled in advancement if they don't engage in non-work related socialization with co-workers or on other irrelevant grounds, largely if not entirely, determined by corrupt staff. A typical day would involve carrying out all of the unappealing, laborious and mundane duties that would normally be done by the technicians servicing the vehicle(s) but are passively forced upon the new employees so that service can be completed faster at the expense of proper training and opportunity for advancement of new employees depending on where they stand in the managers favoritism group. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself and working on cars with a rewarding sense of accomplishment for a job well done. Everything aside from the actual job itself is flawed and unjust.
Performing multiple task in fast paced environment
Service Advisor (Current Employee), CalgaryOctober 29, 2014
working under pressure
learned customer service
managing with co workers through constructive criticism
delegating work according to service orders.
working under cars was most enjoyable.
fun workplace with cars
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee), yonge and mayOctober 23, 2014
learnt how to do oil changes and tire changes.
management is very flexible
co-workers are nice
co-workers were great
Service Advisor, Mississauga (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Co-workers were great at Mr. Lube, hours were ok and flexible but new management at my location was terrible. Left because of them
Good perks, poor communication
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2014
Good place to work if you don't mind lack of communication. Good perks but expect you to be able to do more than your share of work.

1 2 3