Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

Certified Upper Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 June 2017
Not a bad place to work in and good people. The owner of the company is good with their workers and all the workers gets along so easily. I had alot of fun.
decent
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2017
liked working there, just didn't know the managed only hired me as a seasonal worker, decent place to work , had really good hours, and the other employees overall were really nice
whatever
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2017
whatever I don't care, I do not want to write reviews, change oil on vehicles and their filters like man, this is ridiculous, maybe ask people if they want to review their workplaces before forcing them too
Great Starter Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
At Mr.Lube I dealt with customers every day whether is was just an oil change or a complaint. I gained a lot of confidence in my ability to deal with issues regarding my co-workers or customers. I was in charge of dealing with the work place to make sure everything went smoothly each day, this included opening/closing the store, lunch breaks and even daily shipments. For a first time job the work place is great but I found the longer you stayed with the company the less chance for advancement was available and pay was rather low. Management I felt was great at the in-store level but higher ups I felt had no idea what was going on half the time as they rarely visited any of their locations other than the main store. They felt out of touch with each store. Mainly enjoyed the flexibility I was given while in university.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours with limited time off
Awful environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 June 2017
The managers there yelled at us not to up sell the customer, but when our ticket for the day (how much we sold) dropped below $150 per car they would yell at us to sell more.
Cons
Fast paced enviroment for novice automotive technicians
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
Mr. Lube is a decent place for individuals with less experience looking to pursue a career in the automotive industry. Entry level skills for automotive technicians.
good for a teenager
Retail Investigator (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 June 2017
Its a good first time job to get started in the work force. easy hours and very easy work. Can get busy and very fast paced. Staff is mostly friendly.
Pros
good starting point
Cons
long hours, pay, managemetn
Great place to work.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2017
a lot of hard work and fun. They people were great and I learn a lot from them. The bosses were flexible. It was a great place to work for and a lot of fun..
Pros
close by.
Cons
fun place with inexperienced manager
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Learned quite a bit at Mr.Lube to bad it was poorly run. The management were never involved in training or assisting employees.
The best part of the job would be working on cars.
Pros
work on cars
Cons
management
Good first job
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
If your an person trying to get into the automotive industry this is a great place to start learning the basics of the trade. The management and supervisors were always there to help.

Want to know more about Mr. Lube?

Ask a question
Great for someone new to working with Cars
Service Advisor / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  490 Dundas St W9 May 2017
General Maintenance. Regular filter and fluid changes. Tire changes where applicable. Service advisor position is where you want to be at because the bonus program allows for a great bonus to your base pay.
Pros
You learn then you earn.
Cons
Hard to always stick to things by the book.
Learning Environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 May 2017
During my time at Mr. Lube I spent time learning how to deal with the public, and mainly sales experience. The manager of the store location is a huge life mentor to me. He taught me many skills I will not forget.
Pros
Mechanical Exp
Cons
Scheduling Conflicts
Good Beginner Job
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 April 2017
I worked here throughout my schooling. It was good experience for someone who likes cars. The job itself is not hard, the only thing I didn't like too much was the pay for this work (minimum wage)
Good as a part time job
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2017
Standard management issues good environment, very flexible hours, many opportunities to learn. You get to work as a team and as an individual at the same time
It could be better...
Master Technician/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON9 April 2017
Mr Lube does not provide promotions that equal an increase in pay. The staffing team does not work together and pushes customers to purchase services. The management team pushes sales and does not respect the staff. The experience and fast paced environment prepares you to work in the field at a pace that is comfortable.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hours, working weekends
good place if you like a challenge
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 April 2017
to take the time to actually submit a review based off experience would talk more then 160 words. in shirt, it is a good place to work if you like to challenge yourself
Fun people to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 March 2017
the people you work with are great but the management is horrible they only care about making the next dollar not what the customer needs, if the upper management was not there the place would have been an amazing place to work.
Pros
good people to work with.
Cons
really bad upper management
Challenging and competitive
Service Tech Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2017
Enjoyable workplace with many exciting challenges. Very competitive within sales, which I enjoyed most. Management was kind and understand through any issues.
Fun experience
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheppard, ON13 March 2017
i learned a lot from Mr.lube and I had a great time working there. The work the environment was also great. And also the my co workers were nice and supportive and my manager.
good place tosatrt
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC6 March 2017
Not professional.. Head office never there to back you up or always on our back due to lack of training ofer to the staff.

Staff that i was able or told to hire was people that didint know the trade or and didint want to push foward into this direction
Pros
Team
Cons
Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Lube. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8