Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

Never again
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 December 2017
the owners will pressure you to up sell products, if you don't they will threaten to fire you.
they favor employees over others, especially of you up sell you will be a favorite .
Pros
commission is decent
Cons
unfair treatment, no raises and sometimes no breaks
Great place to work and do engine oil and filter, transmission oil and filter, differential oil service, tire change rotation , balancing and puncture
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 November 2017
Great entry level 310S work related job functions, in terms of experience and exposure to clients, day to day automotive service of sedans, SUVs and small trucks.
Learnt how to reset oil service interval light indicator for traditionally encountered motor vehicles that routinely travel on QEW and all other Canadian road ways
Pros
Flexible hours, readily available equipment and manage support
Cons
Nothing is perfect..so made the best of challenging situations
Do not work here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 November 2017
Horrible place to work for. They can't keep employees for very long. Shifts very from 5-10 hours which you don't get paid overtime for unless you go over 60h. Only time you get a break is if there isn't any cars, so you miss lunch often on 10h days or on Sunday. You will need to have $118.00 in sales on every car or get yelled at or hours cut. The job is all about up selling.
Pros
Sports ticket draw, free coffee
Cons
No set breaks, not paid overtime unless over 60h, up selling products or services not needed, horrible managment.
Positive
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 October 2017
Great work place environment. Overall a very positive and knowledgeable place to work at. Highly recommened. Top notch customer service. No other store
Tire Tech
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2017
Being a tire tech and running my own bay was great, it's where I learned how to patch a tire and how to work with tires. When I started there the guy who trained me was amazing at his job and trained me well.
good work place with horrible managment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
i thought that it was a good place to find work and it payed a pretty decent salary but the management there was harsh and they did not care about their customers needs
Pros
50 percent of on oil changes
Cons
terrible manager
good positive atmosphere
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
Really enjoyed and still do working for mr.lube, they treat all there employees the way they should be treated and it's nice because more woke places need to be like that.
Pros
wage is too low
Cons
automotive experience
Great new learning experience in a hands on mechanical field
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON24 August 2017
busy days, long hours standing through long periods of time and negotiating in commission sales.
learned a lot of hands on tool experience and customer greeting experience
Cons
long hours, disorganized all around.
good place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
good people to work with , great group effert , great enviorment
a day at work is getting oil changes , and getting the job done right and make sure its fast but efficient

hardest part of the job is makeing sure that everyone is doing there job , right.
most enjoyable part of the job is working with the other employees good group of people.
Cons
no cons
grea work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2017
Amazing salary and shifts rotations, great benefits and very diverse.
would love the opportunity to work there again. The company gives back to employees by helping get great bonuses
they dont know how to treat employees right
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2017
good spot to work if you are just starting out but not for long term. they have awesome discounts if you know someone with a vehicle. they have new owners now so they could be different
Good place to work part-time during school
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
Was a good working environment. Trained me in sales, technical work and customer service. Progressive system career-wise for those interested, but it does cap at store manager.
outdoor type feel during the summer
Lower technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 July 2017
work environment is decent, staff does there best to make it a fun day, but still get the jobs done. however management thinks there all that, least when i worked there...
Pros
if you like working on cars, easy place to start
Cons
no room for improvement, or increase in wages
Mr Lube Fleet Manager
Fleet Manager Representative - S. Alberta Region (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Mr. Lube has a great product and the franchisees work very hard to keep the customers satisfied and returning for maintenance. The service is second to none and in the case of a claim they work very hard to resolve the customers requirements.
Pros
Discounted vehicle maintenance, benefits
Cons
Salary was low
good company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 July 2017
very clean, and organized
working on cars non stop
recommending to customers that don't want to spend the money to get the services done from us, which is difficult on us and making our ticket for the month
Pros
good hours
Cons
too clean
Productive and fun workplace
Oil Changes (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2017
Got to learn many new skills by working hands on among fellow coworkers broadening my knowledge on the field. Everyone works as a team making the workplace a fun and enjoyable place to be.
Not a great place to work
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 July 2017
longs shifts with minimal breaks (30 min for 10 hour shift). Dirty work with lots of burn and cut hazards. Very monotonous work, with little variation in the days work
Pros
50% off services
Cons
long hours, minimal breaks
Flexible scheduling and great work life balance
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2017
Mr.Lube is a great place to start a car in automotive care. While working here I have learned a lot about vehicles I didn't know before such as the different types of oil and other fluids used for vehicles.
Pros
Monthly Draws for sports tickets, some benefits, flexible schedule.
Cons
low hours, poor training, sale targets.
Supervisor (Lead Hand) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
I worked for Mr. Lube for a total of 4 years, and I really did not like the way they pressured you to make sales. The fact is they force you to sell products and services that people don't even need.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not that great at my location
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 June 2017
I worked at mr Lube for some time and I enjoyed the people I worked with and the managers were great as well. The area managers don't really know how to do their job that great and they keep firing and hiring new people all of the time when it was unnecessary.
Lots of upselling and keeping your ticket up.
Lots of shop drama, employees getting complaints from customers I.E swearing, yelling etc and the area managers again never did nothing about it ..they would rather fire anybody else but the employees who get complaints.
This is a type of job u don't want to stay long at and even the people I worked with said that.
When I first started training was all unorganized and all over the place, people didn't train right, things always getting postponed etc...
Pros
Good co workers, shop managers etc
Cons
Area managers, cut hours, pressured to sell things when unnecessary