Mr. Lube Employee Reviews in Canada

Great enviorment,Great upper management, Great Training and great flexibility
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2016
Mr.Lube started as my job 8 years ago. when i was 15. When i started in this company, i just looked at it as a job to help me through school and pay for sports. After 4 years and when i was in university i realised the potential this company has and the room for advancement is huge. there are over 15 store in Calgary. and they are always looking to improve to be the best. I made it to supervisor after my 6th year. It took some time but i was also extremely young and ignorant. Mr.Lube taught me to be humble and enjoy life. work to make yourself better. after i caught wind of this message that they were teaching me, i made it to manager within a year. It allowed me to buy a house and provide for my family with full benefits. Amazing company and gave me a chance to change and better my life.
Pros
Benefits, 44 hour weeks, Bonuses, Life Mentoring.
Poor Training
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 2, 2016
Learn as you go type of training. Work was given before proper training was provided. Management was never there for the employees. Hours and pay was withheld or taken by foreign workers. Credit not given where due by managers but taken as if the manager was a one-man-army. Stress-load is huge on staff to sell everything, even if customers didn't need it. Some staff went as far as taking old grease from a boot to convince customers of problems that were not there.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Bonuses unattainable with honesty
customizing Car, break dance
Lube technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 25, 2016
i don't have problem working with others. problem solving. I learned a lot of things every job that i did... and I'm just a past learner...
fun place to work.
Automobile Technician (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCMay 24, 2016
fun place to work. good team and good atmosphere. clean environment even for a garage. good staff always willing to help one and other
Not a terrible place to work...
Technician (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 4, 2016
It is not bad working here for a short period if you're young and have bigger and better ambitions. However not the place for a career by any means. Low pay, no health benefits and lack of structured pay increase all bring moral down among employees. Strong reluctance to pay employees reflective of workload expected of them foster a bitterness in the workplace towards management.
Pros
Great team, great customers to work with
Cons
Low pay, little advancement or pay increase opportunities, no health benefits.
Mr.Lube
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 7, 2016
The enjoyable part of my job is working with customers where i get to help them fix their vehicles on a daily basis of an 8 hour shift.

Each day at work is always a new learning experience regardless of how long you have been employed. Some of the things I learned where, knowing the inside and outside of the vehicle,customer interaction, customer sales, satisfying customers, managing staff.
ok
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
It was okay, poorly managed, my co-workers were really nice though and they made the environment a lot more enjoyable. The work days were really long which sucked
Good
Automotive Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
Was really fun working here and learned a lot :). Must place to work if you are into cars and want to know the in's and out's of this business
Fun place to work
Senior Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 31, 2016
I was in the pit the whole time there, it was fast paced but rewarding experience.
I have learned how to change the gasket & fluid for transmissions & oil pans.
I was Certified in a few weeks as a Senior Lower Technician through the T.C.P program.
Sometimes it could be a little fast paced but that also makes your day go by faster.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
None that I know of.
average job
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 28, 2016
I needed a job when I first moved to Edmonton, and I worked at Mr. Lube. I learned how to change oil on vehicles at good speed with great care. I'm not very interested in working on vehicles.
great place to work
Master tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2016
mgmt is fantastic and the salary is negotiable with very friendly team members to help with any problem you may have. they lso pay you for training and have lots of incentives to help motivate you to work harder and move up in the company.
Pros
steady work and discounts
Cons
fast paced and confusing at times
Fun workplace!
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 20, 2016
Great workplace and people! Mr. Lube unfortunately does not offer apprenticeship programs. I learned a great deal of automotive maintenance information and was introduced to the fast paced garage atmosphere.
Great opportunity to gain new knowledge
CERTIFIED UPPER LUBE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2016
A typical day would include oil and fluid changes for several customers, I learned about some of the mechanics of vehicles. Management was co-operative with my schedule to not conflict with my schooling and co-workers were very helpful with sharing their knowledge. The most difficult part of the job was filling time during slow periods and the most enjoyable part of the job was gaining experience and knowledge about cars.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Slow-down of work
rude company
Top Deck Changer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2016
they fired me because i messed up one order so i don't really care what i put because they are rude people at Mr. lube and they made me leave for one mistake so i don't what i say about them
Great work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 16, 2016
Work is simple yet interesting. The training provided was excellent, and the shop is up to date with equipment. Customers are pleasant to talk to during slow hours, because they enjoy the service.
Pros
free coffee, fair pay
Cons
tire season
Fun
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONMarch 15, 2016
Fast paced and great for quick learners. The position i took at Mr lube helped me develop my skills into what i am today. A great starting point for anyone looking to get into the industry,
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
poor managment
Meh
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 14, 2016
You're always pushed to sell useless car items such as air filters or engine flushes and coolant flush. If you don't sell these items your hours will be cut down.
Always under staffed on weekends and under paid. I would recommenced this job for a student or as a part time gig.
Pros
The workers
Cons
Management, under paid
fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2016
it is a good place to work. its a good first step into a career with cars. would tell to people to worth there if they want to work with cars
Pros
close to a tims
Unique experience and great learning opportunity.
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 1, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Mr. Lube and have very few complaints with the establishment, although I am at the point where I am looking to make the next step and move onto something bigger.
Decent workplace and fast paced
Lube and Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Great place to start for a basic knowledge and experience into the automotive industry. Gets busy during tire seasons (Winter and Spring) but also has benefits as the bonus system is great.
Overall its a good place to start.
Pros
Decent Pay and Great Experience
Cons
Long Hours

2.9