Join one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2012!! Reporting to the Director of Construction and based in our Mississauga office, the Construction Project Manager will work in a fast paced environment and will plan, organize, direct and control construction based activities of various development projects.
You’ll be the key to our growth engine and will manage the site investigation process, design and permitting process, consultants, outside vendors and general contractors. In addition, the role will manage the construction budget to meet store opening deadlines and Mr. Lube Canada business objectives, as well as our franchisee expectations.
- Development planning for a new sites and/or renovation of existing facilities, in accordance with Mr. Lube corporate standards.
- Complete site feasibility reviews, which includes the development of functional site plans, investigating municipal site requirements, interpreting geotechnical investigations, interpreting environmental surveys, reviewing landlord provided documentation, etc. to determine the overall cost and time to develop a given site.
- Prepare accurate budgets, develop project timelines and assist with the development of site specific landlord and corporate scopes of work for the real estate division.
- Provide clear communication on project time lines, with an emphasis on minimizing overrun costs and project delays
- Work with the Director of Construction to develop and maintain both written building and equipment standards, through store reviews and feedback from the Mr. Lube advisory committees.
- In conjunction with the Director of Construction develop and manage a regional team of consultants to support site investigations, permitting, site design, building inspection, and resolving local building code issues.
- Develop and manage both regional suppliers and contractors to cost effectively and consistently develop new locations in a timely manner. This will be accomplished through competitive tender, detailed individual contractor bid reviews, post construction site reviews and construction contractor reviews.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated work experience in retail construction industry, preferably in construction project management and/ or construction management is required.
- Post secondary education in civil engineering, architecture or related areas, or an equivalent combination of education and on-the-job experience.
- Experience managing both corporate and franchise construction is an asset.
- Current market knowledge in relation to construction costs and trends in the construction sector is necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard construction costs with the ability to resolve contract administration disputes, to recommend consultant claims and change orders and to prepare budget estimates.
- Ability to read and understand detailed design drawings and provide clear direction to consultant’s, contractors, and suppliers.
- Familiar with building codes and standards, as well as typical building and site details.
- A working knowledge of the municipal permitting process (minor variance, site plan approval, regional approvals, development permit, building permit, sign permit, etc.)
- Analytical skills in developing, evaluating design and constructability issues and recommending value engineering.
- Ability to prepare reports and to communicate construction trends and emerging issues.
- Experience in establishing and monitoring construction and financial controls to achieve on time/on budget projects completion.
- Review and analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress towards projects completion on time, on budget.
- Proficiency with electronic spreadsheets, word processing, presentation, AutoCAD, and database software programs. Microsoft application skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with strong focus on detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, customer service and communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel with overnight or extended stays.
Along with being a Best Managed Company, Mr. Lube is also proud of being named one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures of 2012 by Waterstone Human Capital.
You’ll enjoy excellent health benefits and wellness programs, competitive remuneration and incentive programs, as well as training & education reimbursements.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY - http://mrlubejobs.com/jobs/762770-construction-project-manager-mississauga-vancouver
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard