Mr. Handyman Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TX20 May 2017
Good place to work if you know how to be a handy man cause you are kind of just thrown in there and thanks little while to learn the process of everything but when she get the system down to good place to work for can be kind of scary because you're what I would call flag hour you don't get paid hourly you get paid by the job but you get paid good
Pros
Company vehicle don't have to pay for gas or upkeep on the vehicle company cell phone
Cons
You have to buy your own tools
Fantastic work environment
CSR (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TX19 May 2017
Working for Mr. Handyman of Midwest Collin County has been such a wonderful experience. It is a breath of fresh air to come to work each day to such a caring group of people.
Pros
Excellent Code of Values
Best place to work.
Office Manager / Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX14 April 2017
Friendly and family environment. Business owners always encourage employees to speak up and share thought and best practices. Company embraces diversity welcoming and giving any professional technician a fair start. Also, constantly mentoring and coaching staff to help them increase performance in order to deliver a outstanding customer service experience each time.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Safe place to work, and management team treat you like family.
Handyman (Current Employee) –  West Houston Texas13 April 2017
Great team, Great management and very flexible with employes in West Houston Texas.
I enjoy what I do and finally found a place that treat you like family. 😎😎😎🛠🔩⛏🔧🔨🔦🔎💡🔑🔐
High turnover
Customer Service /Accounting (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL11 April 2017
Very stressful working environment, employee turnover rate, can not get work done for the excessive meetings whereby everyone is held accountable for something that occurred even if you are not directly involved.
Mr Handyman
Technician (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TX8 April 2017
I have been with Mr Handyman for over ten years. Typical days work could involved two or three jobs. Building relationships with customers, helping customers design projects, using my knowledge to advise customers of pro and cons of their project. I have improved my skills working with this team.Management has a team that holds employees accountable, develops tech skills by working with other techs, seminars and employee meetings. Culture at our office is professional, respectful and team oriented .Hardest part of the job is time management. Most enjoyable part of the job is the team we have built and the fact I can make as much money as I want and work as much as I want to get the salary I want.
Pros
Company vehicle, projects are scheduled and I don't have to chase the money.
Cons
Really hot weather and customers who try to cheap out.
The culture and values were exactly what I was looking for
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New Jersey30 March 2017
They stand behind their words and care about individuals. The work is hard, but gratifying. The owners support my growth by offering training with tools and manufacturers. The company is part of a bigger group and that gives a real feeling of belonging
Pros
Variety, consistency, people
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL4 March 2017
Training is very detailed. General Manager gives direction when needed. Everything is documented on how to do things correctly.
Everyone gets along in the office.
Clearly defined responsibilities
Pay is based on experience
Pros
Time off when needed and without hassles
Cons
Insurance would be nice
Not a good place to work
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Everett wa4 February 2017
I work for Mr handymen and was lie to. Told me wood make good money never happen. The owner like to spend the money on her self take lots of vacation. I was told that in the winter it was slow but wood still make the hours and the pay that never happened. I like the guys in the field I worked with but other than that not a good place to work for
Pros
Van
Cons
No insurance bad pay
Long Hours and Hostile Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL29 April 2016
This was the most unpleasant job I ever had. 50+ hours of week and still not enough for this owner. There is little training and instead of management showing you or directing you in the correct way to handle unsatisfied customers, they humiliate you and belittle you.
Receptionist/ Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL20 April 2016
-Greet guests on the phone and in person.
-Answer phones, schedule appointments, and make confirmation calls.
-Handle money, checks, payroll, and process returns.
-Dispatch Technicians
-Help customers with any questions they may have.
Pros
Flexible
Not a horrible place to work, but not a career choice.
Tech (Former Employee) –  Midwest6 April 2016
The customer service people seem to work very well together. But there is to little work, spred much to thin between techs. Also expected to pick up materials and mark up what are already retail prices 40%, plus charge the customer that travel time.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Bad pay system and no where near a full time job
Handy man service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN21 February 2016
Small office franchise of 5 people assisting customers with repair and small remodel / building needs. This specific office moved away from my reasonable commute area and is no longer in business however there are other locations in the area.
Needs different management...Work atmosphere would be better
Skilled Technician, Mr. Handyman (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, ME20 February 2016
The company is a franchise. Every day was different. The hourly rate was rather low...because you had to provide your own tools. If you broke anything it was on you. The company did supply a vehicle and paid for fuel, etc.

The management was not up to par. The owner did not really know how to manage time and work orders. This led to mass confusion and unhappy clients.

As a employee I saw the owner blame me for his problems with clients not getting compensation for worked performed. This led for mistrust between owner and employee.
Pros
Having a great working relationship with clients
Cons
always had to watch my back with management
Loved working with friends and close to home, but part time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sayreville, NJ29 December 2015
This is a great company that gives superior service. I received training and history of company before starting. My work there is valued. My immediate supervisor is a dream to work for. She communicates what is expected and acknowledges when I go above and beyond. Unfortunately it is a part time position with no room for advancement.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
part time and no benefits
Worldwide Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT31 May 2015
Positive working environment.Sense of responsibility. Sense of trust from upper management. Wonderful work/life balance.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons
Poor benefits package
Unprofessional, disrespectful, greedy,
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ14 February 2015
The pay is nothing near what is promised. The owner try's to get you to over charge customers. There is NO health benefits and no other benefits. the company will use you to grow a great reputation, then when you take a family leave, to take car of your epileptic wife, they will tell you, upon your return, that there is no work. Then lie to unemployment and say you abandoned your job. The only way you get paid anything close to minimum wage, is to work 7 days a week. From 7am until 7pm. Yhey charge homeowners $158 for the first hour. And $108 each hour after that. You get paid 17-21% of that. But only get paid while charging a customer. No travel pay. But they more then double the cost of material, which you see none of. You also charge vanstock and don't get anything for that. Work here at your own risk. But they will over work you, under pay you, abuse you, use you, and try to force you to rip off customers
Pros
absolutly none
Cons
everything.
unprofessional and lacking knowledge of industry
Technician (Former Employee) –  Northern ma.30 January 2015
The compensation is no where near promised.They use a ridiculous bonus program.The base pay is just above minimum wage.Your hours vary from week to week, always under 40 .Technician is responsible for material acquisition using your own funds and reimbursed the following week.
Pros
Cons
low wages, no benefits
owners are nice
Manager / sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN22 December 2014
lacking in some things, don't really like to put anyone down but we will just say its a corporation and ran like one.
Small, but happy office.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CT10 October 2014
I enjoyed working for this franchise owner. Sadly, the economy crashed and work wasn't coming in, so my job was eliminated. Fair pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Handyman. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9