Mr. Handyman

Mr. Handyman Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unprofessional, disrespectful, greedy,
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: absolutly none
Cons: everything.
The pay is nothing near what is promised. The owner try's to get you to over charge customers. There is NO health benefits and no other benefits. the company will use you to grow a great reputation, then when you take a family leave, to take car of your epileptic wife, they will tell you, upon your return, that there is no work. Then lie to unemployment and say you abandoned your job. The only way you get paid anything close to minimum wage, is to work 7 days a week. From 7am until 7pm. Yhey charge homeowners $158 for the first hour. And $108 each hour after that. You get paid 17-21% of that. But only get paid while charging a customer. No travel pay. But they more then double the cost of material, which you see none of. You also charge vanstock and don't get anything for that. Work here at your own risk. But they will over work you, under pay you, abuse you, use you, and try to force you to rip off customers
unprofessional and lacking knowledge of industry
Technician (Former Employee), Northern ma.January 30, 2015
Cons: low wages, no benefits
The compensation is no where near promised.They use a ridiculous bonus program.The base pay is just above minimum wage.Your hours vary from week to week, always under 40 .Technician is responsible for material acquisition using your own funds and reimbursed the following week.
owners are nice
Manager / sales (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 22, 2014
lacking in some things, don't really like to put anyone down but we will just say its a corporation and ran like one.
Small, but happy office.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTOctober 10, 2014
I enjoyed working for this franchise owner. Sadly, the economy crashed and work wasn't coming in, so my job was eliminated. Fair pay.
Just needs some help
Administrative Assistant/CSR (Current Employee), GrapevineSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting the customers
Cons: hours
There is just things within the office that I would like to change but the owner is the boss. I love where I work and I love dealing with my customers on a day to day basis and making sure they are satisfied with everything we have done for them. I have learned how to work well under pressure and handle an upset customer and an upset technician at the same time.
Suwanee, Ga-this owner is a crook
Handyman (Former Employee), Suwanee GaFebruary 14, 2014
I worked for the Suwanee GA Mr.Handyman for a short time. This owner doesn't care about doing the right thing and is not truthful. I had many pay checks that were not correct but even worse was going to cash them. NO FUNDS AVAILABLE is what the teller would say. Many, many times the credit card would decline. Even the company vans had bad tires and brakes.
Now I understand why they had such high turnover. When I see the Mr. Handyman truck it always has somebody different in it.
I can't say that all Mr. Handyman franchise's are like this.......but just google "Mr.Handyman" and see what you get..................
Terrible place to work!
Tech. (Former Employee), Fort Myers,Florida.February 11, 2014
Pros: there isn't any! sorry just being honest.
Cons: no insurance.
Short and to the point,

No pay
No insurance
No organization
No incentives what so ever
Gas and credit card work have the time.

You will expected at the shop by 7:00-7:30,remember you donot get paid for this.
You will be expected to work an average of 45 to 50 per week and Saturdays, you migjt if your lucky to get paid for 28 of those hours.
terrible place to work.
Handyman Services (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 4, 2013
Pros: sorry could not think of any.
Cons: no work or insurance.
Your asked to show up at 7:30am, when if your lucky enough to even have work, it doesnt start til 9am,

if you work for this company in Fort Myers, Mr. Handyman you will be leaving your house at 7am and will not get home til 5pm M-S with a paycheck of just a couple of hundred dollars...they are one of the biggest scammers ive ever seen!
Maintained good relationship with customer
Customer Support/Customer Data Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 29, 2013
Performed follow-up calls for previous customers.
Collected customer information and analyzed customer needs.
Maintained and categorized customer records and customer financial records.
Personal Business
owner (Current Employee), Blairsville, PAFebruary 17, 2012
Purchased Franchise as an short term investment 5 to 10 years.
Great business idea, the recession makes the cost prohibitive for many people.
Office Manager, Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Edina, then Shakopee, MNJanuary 19, 2012
Pros: great business
Cons: no benefits
Mr. Handyman was a wonderful place to work, we really helped people and built relationships with our customers.

About Mr. Handyman

Mr. Handyman is a network of independently owned and operated franchises with over 220 locations in 35 states that provide commercial – Read more