Mr. Greek Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Take-out Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 January 2018
I've worked at Mr Greek for years now. It used to be an okay place to work but the head office are crooks and don't care about their employees. I've had too many checks bounce, waited weeks to get reimbursed and never got reimbursed for the charges from my bank when it was Mr Greeks fault for them bouncing in the first place. I've had to wait 4+ months just for my vacation pay, and have had missing hours on my checks multiple times. And if you have a problem with a fellow employee they don't care to settle any issues. And since the new manager it's been even worse. He's entirely lazy and refuses to help when it gets busy when we're short staffed, he prefers to sit in the office playing tetris. And you don't get any breaks working here. Take my advice and don't work here this place is a total joke. All the good reviews are from years ago when we had management that actually valued their staff..they don't anymore.
Pros
Some of the staff are good people
Cons
Bounced checks, favoritism, extremely lazy yet entitled staff, 4+ month holds on vacation pay, no breaks, and only 50% off on less than a quarter of the menu
Chef (Current Employee) –  Argentia Mississauga2 November 2017
Working here from last 8 months and it is very good experience to bieng a part of mr geek and i have learned many things mainly to manage and communication skills
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Relatively easy job, problems with management
Counter Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 September 2017
The person that owns this place is great, but management is difficult to work with and is the reason I stopped working there. You kind of wear all the hats even though you're assigned to one position, which is okay, you gain experience, but I didn't find it enjoyable most of the time.
Productive and friendly environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
It's been a pleasure working for mr GREEK restaurants.
They offer you chances to advance in upper management. It's a family run business and they make you feel like family.
Overall very good place to work.
Pros
Learning every aspect of a restaurant business
Cons
Fun but frustrating environment to work in
Cashier/server/cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with a lot of friendly team memebers. What I learnt was to work in a very fast paced environment with a team in a productive manner, and how to cook and make the food that was required. Management was going through a rough watch while I worked there so times were getting frustrating with schedules and being understaffed.
bad
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
This job paid less than minimum wage and I received less than the lower amount I was given. I hardly got any breaks even while working overtime. Would not recommend.
Safe and friendly work place
Team member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
Cooperative management and fellow team members make it a very friendly and safe environment to work.
The restaurant has good working conditions and work is equally distributed.
not so great
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 February 2017
the management was very hard to work for, very picky with what they expected and not in a good way. they picked favorites and the hours were awful for me. did not enjoy this job at all.
Hard and wasn't good
Customer Services and Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
when I been interviewed the interviewer told me that am gonna get hired as a chief assistant then I worked as a dishwasher!
even the salary wasn't good comparing with the efforts that we applied.
first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 October 2016
it was an amazing first job . the company and the workers were friendly and nice. it was a very fun environment. they trained me very well and i was glad i was apart of the team
productive and busy place to work at
cashier and waitress (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 September 2016
fun and fast paces job. requires a lot of energy. Everyone is fun and friendly, customers are also very friendly. Manager was always willing to help when I didn't understand anything. The food is delicious and I loved when customers would tell me how good the food was. I like to see the customers leaving with a big smile.
Amazing work enviorment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 June 2016
great atmosphere amazing place to work , I loved my co- workers management was very fair and flexible thing i enjoyed most was on holidays like mothers day or Canada day seeing families get together for a great meal.
Pros
free calimari
Cons
to far from home
Fun workplace to work at ...
General Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2016
Fun workplace but advancement was limited. Head Office was family run. Many hours involved overseeing all cooperate locations. Traveling involved in Ontario
very different, productive
No main position, cashier, cleaning tables (Former Employee) –  heartland location, Mississauga, ON16 August 2015
Mr.Greeek was my first job to have so it was very interesting and i had alot of experience there. it taught me everything from cash register to cleaning tables, prep the food or closing and opening, handling the cash at the end of the day. with a supportive manager i handled it well for my first job
Pros
all great co-workers, like a family
Cons
barely any customers sometimes, i like to stay busy
fantastic work environment
inventory ordering and checks
customer service initiatives created
Productive and Professional customer service
Driver/ Delivery (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON6 October 2014
Responsible for prompt delivery of orders
Able to manage customer concerns with professionalism
Offer to help co-workers complete delivery of orders
Enjoy driving and providing a service to customers
Pros
Tips
Cons
Varied hours throughout each day
Great seatings for family and singles
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham,Ontario28 August 2014
The most typical day at work would be the time when you run out on something on a busy day. I have learned that working as a team, it's the secrete way to get the work done faster. The hardest part of this job would be when you can't make it to work, the management won't be able to understand your situation and they would always forces to come into work no matter how bad your health condition is.
Pros
discount on foods amd drinks
Cons
not enough hours
Responsible and proactive
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora25 March 2014
Every day at work I like to learn new things. I am a person who can work together.
Really enjoyed serving people food I cooked
COOK (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 March 2014
Worked here every morning from 9am-3pmand prepped all of the food for the dinner rush. Cooked from scratch all the recipes. Did the dishes on Tuesday's when there was no dishwasher. Most of the time working the dinner rush after working the morning, serving and cooking the food from 5pm-11pm or so. Closed the restaurant down by putting everything away and cleaning. Very busy and face paced environment.
Pros
All meals for free
Cons
Very busy and long hours
productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2014
delivered food on time, friendly co-workers, hardest part was getting food on time during traffic
Pros
free lunches