Mr Lube Employee Reviews

Bad/staff Staff, Unpleasant environment, non friendly
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 June 2017
was not a pleasant experience, staff scams almost all customers and are okay with it, mean and harsh bosses with no empathy whatsoever, i do not recommend working there, well based on one locations experience i can't say for all.
Excellent learning environment
Supervisor and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2017
When I started working at Mr. Lube in 2015 I knew nothing about cars, the training I received was very hands on and within a week I was proficient at performing basic oil changes. Since then i have expanded my knowledge and am capable of performing most fluid exchanges on a vast majority of vehicles.
Pros
Great training and management
Cons
Very rarely received full time hours
fun work enviroment good people
Part time Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 April 2017
i worked on cars all day which is fun and i enjoy. i got along with all the people i work with and made a lot of lasting friendships. i did not enjoy all the pressure put on sales
It was a decent team enviroment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB18 April 2017
Typical day would be starting off with talking and then the first few cars would come in and we would do what is required of us, that typical was asking the customer if they wanted a beverage and a paper. Then we would proceed to check all fluids and filters accessible to us and show the customer our findings and help them decided on the best course of action.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Sales environment
good place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 April 2017
I injoyed my job at Mr. Lube it was fun and everyone was easy to get along with. wish i didnt get layed off. we tool our work serious but we also liked to have a laugh
fun place with easy going staff
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
the work is very repetitive but very easy to get a hand of. the staff are all great people who are always willing to help, pay is fair for the type of work.
Really fun work place
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2017
Everyday is fun, other than the super busy day,
its really hard for everything first started, but after a month you will get into it, and start enjoy the work.
Hardest part for the job is sometimes its not you fault but when you touch the vehicle, all yours and you have to deal with it, and always have to do cleaning, but thats one part i like and i dont, Because some workers never do cleaning and made a mess and you have to deal with it,
Pros
All the staff is freindly
Cons
hours not fixed, salary not that high
this place is horrendious
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Lacombe, AB18 January 2017
there training is nothing they always try to push you about sales when all I want to do is learn more about vehicles not tell somebody that there engine needs to be flushed...
Overall not to bad
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2017
Typical day at work would include numerous types of activities all relating to maintenance on fluids for vehicles, I learned all types of skills there from dealing with customers to general knowledge of vehicles.
most enjoyable time part of the job
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 January 2017
i really enjoyed working at mr.lube because most of the time our store was busy.as it is having three bays.three cars on the bays inside as well as three cars waiting outside.that i got alot of calls from uppertechs and i got oppurtinities to use my skills.
BAD work experience
Automotive advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
people work there are just awful.
Most of the employees have 0 knowledge on automotive, and they do not know what they are talking to the customers. Their recommendation service is base upon the service manual which is manipulated by the owner.

The employees are good at step on you for their own benefits and make money for them.
Pros
fast hiring procedure
Lots of down time
Technician (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 January 2017
You don't get back what you put in. Trying to improve customer service is a hard thing to do here. There is no real structure on policy and procedures. Hardest part of the job is lack of training.
Good work enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC29 December 2016
Good over all work enviorment, always somthing to do and to stay busy, Great if your interested in cars and interacting with people all at the same time.
Good job if your quick
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 October 2016
Good company to work for. Supplies managers with decent benefits and alright wages.
Have to be quick on your feet but do a good job at the same time. Have to have good manors around all customers.
Workplace review
Vehicle Technician (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON10 August 2016
The workplace at mr lube is fun but can be stressful. Great group of guys that work together to ensure the jobs get done in a timely fashion. overall great place to work.
Amazing
Customer service, retail, trade shows, marketing (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 July 2016
It was a great positive place to work.
Everyone was super kind and I enjoyed working with them as well as talking to the customers and meeting many new people, which by far was the best part.

All in all Mr. Lube was a fun place to work at.
Friendly workplace
Employee (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain rd, AB21 July 2016
it was a pleasure working there, lots of nice people and I learned all kinds of things about vehicles while i was there, need a job to better pursue by career
not very fun
Lower Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2016
not everybody got along wasnt a very appropriate workplace, management could have worked together better made everyone un happy all the time , learned alot about vehicles and services you need tp mainitain along with how to perform them all aswell.
Nice workplace to learn
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2016
It is a fun place where you can learn a lots about cars. They will provide you a hand on training on cars. The staff concern about you was nice.
High stress and pace... but it's not too bad
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2016
The place is aight... cept we get these supervisors who come from administrative places, and they are monsters who meander in and yell a lot.
Pros
Quick to progressively make more than minimum wage
Cons
Whiny Supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr Lube. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval