MPC

MPC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Love the job
Tester (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Working with computer hardware
Cons: Warehouse
I love working with computers and being hands on with almost any computer hardware. Wide variety of assets come through to keep the job every changing and interesting.

Scored job security low as I was hired a week before they announced they were closing. No security or advancement there.
Wish I would have been here sooner. The employees and management I work with are really some amazing people.

The hardest part of the job is learning the variety of equipment that comes through the warehouse. However, that keeps the job interesting.
One of the things I like a lot is I get to listen to music the whole day I work, which is a huge bonus.
Fun people, Great environment
Rigging TD (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Possibility to grow
Cons: management
Great place to start your career in postproduction, I learn a lot and I had the possibility to improve my skills and ability.
It's true the management is not so great because sometimes deadlines are quite impossible, but overall I think it's a good place.
great crew
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), La Habra, CAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: no benefits
at mpc i worked with a lot of real good good guys that love what they do a fast pace work enviornment rigging, welding, fitting and wrenching all day
Productive and great work enviroment.
Machine Operator - Helper (Former Employee), Gary, INJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Willingness to teach and allow growth.
Cons: Low compensation for the type of work performed.
Excellent work ethics safety oriented willing to address all issues concerning work related subjects. The company allowed me to learn and grow by teaching me every thing that was needed to know about the trade of steal processing. I also respect the fact of how they dealt and handled quality control issues.
Fun place to work,nice people to
Assembly (Former Employee), Richland Center, WIJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: good insurence
A very clean place,enjoyed working with my co-workers,the hardest about the job was working with foam,I enjoyed working with the company
co workers
Shipping and Receiving Material Handler (Former Employee), Morrison, TNJune 10, 2015
co workers are great, and management is awful.Loved my job, very good at it, lots of favortism on certain shifts, and some management was was two faced
Hard Working Happy Company
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), LondonApril 16, 2015
Pros: Exciting projects and great people
Cons: Long hours
You would be challenged to find better talent or more challenging projects to work on. The environment are conducive to working hard and pushing you self to do your best. My experience of the management team has always been good and supportive. The best thing about job is that every day is different and the final outcome of a project is always so rewarding.
GREAT WORK ENVIORNMENT
Line Auditor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free ham and turkeys for the holidays
Cons: temperature in the summer and winter are horrible
This job is a great first job just to get your foot in the door of a factory. There is not a lot of room to spread your wings but it will get you a stable work history.
Great people, lots of problems
Senior Visual Effects Compositor (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: nice people, great meal and taxi policy
Cons: long hours, broken promises, poor management
London, UK location only!

The people and the attempts to make the company fun are worth noting.

As a day rate company expect to work a lot of hours for your base day pay. One of the worst pay-scales in the industry.

Prone to make promises they don't keep once you've committed.

Great opportunity to work on big shows and gain a lot of experience.
Worked 70-100 hours a week generally, bad management.
Utility Technician (Former Employee), Mcminnville,TNDecember 30, 2014
Pros: nice facility
Cons: management, loud and your just a number.
Usually worked way to many hours never saw my family. Nice facility but be ready to work non-stop. You are just a number here. Hard work and dedication goes un noticed compared to simple or small mistakes.
Enjoyed the work
E6 Maintenance Program Coordinator (Former Employee), MDDecember 25, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the work atmosphere
Cons: an extreme distance to drive daily
I provided assistance to program managers regarding contracts for the E-6. I provided briefings to 4 and 5 Star Commanders regarding
the status of contracts. I enjoyed this aspect of the position, I also provided training.
My review is positive for the work place
3d animator (Former Employee), BangloreSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: challenging, fun, friendly staff, varying tasks, improves fitness
Cons: log hours is 6.5.but we use ti stretch according to the project deadline
Its a pretty good place for working.we use to have fun at work which is pretty good for an artist.We use to have acting room with properly set camera for animation.I appreciate the management. Animation is one of the toughest job in the world.The hardest part what I found is while reviewing our shots in the dailies, because we have to follow the instructions on animations and address the notes on our animation shots from the supervisors sitting in other countries.
good
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Hugli, WBJuly 28, 2014
It was a clinical diagnostic lab ..Management was good..co-workers are very friendly and helpful..enjoyed working in a team.
Machine operate 3rd.
Machine operate on 3rd (Former Employee), WalworthJune 16, 2014
Cons: abuse, short breaks, disrespect .
Look over people thats put o.t alot and never question nothing.did there job. Put up with abuse from co workers. Flavor those people.I injoy working for company. Work there for 4 yrs.
had nice people to work with
Operator (Former Employee), richland center wi.June 11, 2014
Pros: got alot of the holidays off
Cons: short breaks, mangement could be a little better
my typical work day was going to wok at 4:30 in the morning and my supervisor would tell me what job I had to for the day.
I learned how to do different jobs. the management needed a little approvement. the hpart of my hardestn my job was standing on my feet for ten hour days.
Fun Work place
Bangor Ambassador (Former Employee), BangorJune 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: travel
The MPCT was a pleasant working experience, where I was able to teach and participate as one. All of the co workers are an absolute briliiant bunch that I have ever met.
An enjoyable and knowledge building experience
Student (Former Employee), Cardiff, WLSMarch 12, 2014
Pros: challenging, fun, friendly staff, varying tasks, improves fitness
The whole point of the course was to show people what military life was like, the military personal that worked here held very high standards with punctuality and behaviour.
Every day the students had to meet up for 'Parade', this is a type of inspection where your Military Preparation College (MPC) uniform was inspected, as well as how well you had shaved and if you had brought all of your kit for exercise and classwork.
The students would then have to meet up with the staff at a predtermined location for excercies, where the students would engage in different types of physical activity. When that was complete the students would meet up at the main 'MPC' building for classwork.
MPC Staff
Manager Level (Current Employee), Walworth, WIJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: mpc does a good job working on best place to work, they do a good job recognizing individuals
Cons: departments lack communication between them
Management really struggles at times. Departments are really in Silo mode and they do not communicate well between. There is extensive amount of work and projects. Expectations are not realistic
Had great benifits
Material Handler (Former Employee), McMinnville, TNDecember 11, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: never a day off
Worked 24/7 never got a day off I had an awesome job there over everyone else but never got any time with my family
a productive place to work i have learned alot.
Forklift Operator / Lineman / Replenisher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2013
Pros: area
Cons: no space for advancemeny
its a fast job.
i learned how to work as a team.
management was not so great.
so workers where most easy to deal with.
my manager was what made my job hard he showed no interest in me.
loading trucks was a great part of the job.

1 2 3