MPC

MPC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hard Working Happy Company
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), LondonApril 16, 2015
Pros: Exciting projects and great people
Cons: Long hours
You would be challenged to find better talent or more challenging projects to work on. The environment are conducive to working hard and pushing you self to do your best. My experience of the management team has always been good and supportive. The best thing about job is that every day is different and the final outcome of a project is always so rewarding.
GREAT WORK ENVIORNMENT
Line Auditor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free ham and turkeys for the holidays
Cons: temperature in the summer and winter are horrible
This job is a great first job just to get your foot in the door of a factory. There is not a lot of room to spread your wings but it will get you a stable work history.
Great people, lots of problems
Senior Visual Effects Compositor (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: nice people, great meal and taxi policy
Cons: long hours, broken promises, poor management
London, UK location only!

The people and the attempts to make the company fun are worth noting.

As a day rate company expect to work a lot of hours for your base day pay. One of the worst pay-scales in the industry.

Prone to make promises they don't keep once you've committed.

Great opportunity to work on big shows and gain a lot of experience.
Worked 70-100 hours a week generally, bad management.
Utility Technician (Former Employee), Mcminnville,TNDecember 30, 2014
Pros: nice facility
Cons: management, loud and your just a number.
Usually worked way to many hours never saw my family. Nice facility but be ready to work non-stop. You are just a number here. Hard work and dedication goes un noticed compared to simple or small mistakes.
Enjoyed the work
E6 Maintenance Program Coordinator (Former Employee), MDDecember 25, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the work atmosphere
Cons: an extreme distance to drive daily
I provided assistance to program managers regarding contracts for the E-6. I provided briefings to 4 and 5 Star Commanders regarding
the status of contracts. I enjoyed this aspect of the position, I also provided training.
My review is positive for the work place
3d animator (Former Employee), BangloreSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: challenging, fun, friendly staff, varying tasks, improves fitness
Cons: log hours is 6.5.but we use ti stretch according to the project deadline
Its a pretty good place for working.we use to have fun at work which is pretty good for an artist.We use to have acting room with properly set camera for animation.I appreciate the management. Animation is one of the toughest job in the world.The hardest part what I found is while reviewing our shots in the dailies, because we have to follow the instructions on animations and address the notes on our animation shots from the supervisors sitting in other countries.
good
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Hugli, WBJuly 28, 2014
It was a clinical diagnostic lab ..Management was good..co-workers are very friendly and helpful..enjoyed working in a team.
Machine operate 3rd.
Machine operate on 3rd (Former Employee), WalworthJune 16, 2014
Cons: abuse, short breaks, disrespect .
Look over people thats put o.t alot and never question nothing.did there job. Put up with abuse from co workers. Flavor those people.I injoy working for company. Work there for 4 yrs.
had nice people to work with
Operator (Former Employee), richland center wi.June 11, 2014
Pros: got alot of the holidays off
Cons: short breaks, mangement could be a little better
my typical work day was going to wok at 4:30 in the morning and my supervisor would tell me what job I had to for the day.
I learned how to do different jobs. the management needed a little approvement. the hpart of my hardestn my job was standing on my feet for ten hour days.
Fun Work place
Bangor Ambassador (Former Employee), BangorJune 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: travel
The MPCT was a pleasant working experience, where I was able to teach and participate as one. All of the co workers are an absolute briliiant bunch that I have ever met.
An enjoyable and knowledge building experience
Student (Former Employee), Cardiff, WLSMarch 12, 2014
Pros: challenging, fun, friendly staff, varying tasks, improves fitness
The whole point of the course was to show people what military life was like, the military personal that worked here held very high standards with punctuality and behaviour.
Every day the students had to meet up for 'Parade', this is a type of inspection where your Military Preparation College (MPC) uniform was inspected, as well as how well you had shaved and if you had brought all of your kit for exercise and classwork.
The students would then have to meet up with the staff at a predtermined location for excercies, where the students would engage in different types of physical activity. When that was complete the students would meet up at the main 'MPC' building for classwork.
MPC Staff
Manager Level (Current Employee), Walworth, WIJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: mpc does a good job working on best place to work, they do a good job recognizing individuals
Cons: departments lack communication between them
Management really struggles at times. Departments are really in Silo mode and they do not communicate well between. There is extensive amount of work and projects. Expectations are not realistic
Had great benifits
Material Handler (Former Employee), McMinnville, TNDecember 11, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: never a day off
Worked 24/7 never got a day off I had an awesome job there over everyone else but never got any time with my family
a productive place to work i have learned alot.
Forklift Operator / Lineman / Replenisher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2013
Pros: area
Cons: no space for advancemeny
its a fast job.
i learned how to work as a team.
management was not so great.
so workers where most easy to deal with.
my manager was what made my job hard he showed no interest in me.
loading trucks was a great part of the job.
Excellent learning experience
Work Experience (Former Employee), SOHOOctober 30, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: leaving
For two weeks I got to work at the Moving Picture Company and I enjoyed every minute of it, from running and delivering coffee while meeting new people and discovering what they were working on to embracing myself in the mathematics behind films and adverts.

On a typical day I would start and end with running and fill the middle with shadowing different types of people. For example Smoke and Steam software specialists.
Family owned
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Walworth, WISeptember 17, 2013
Intense and stressful work environment depending on the ever changing demand of the automotive industry.
Big Projects, great professionals
Compositor (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: long hours
MPC is a good starting point for working on feature films. It's not a company that pays high salaries, and you work long hours there, but there is a good thing about the co-workers: you are always going to receive help when you need it.
The level of quality that they demand is very high, what makes you learn faster and improve a lot in short time. Also, the projects they get are very good and you'll finish having a good reel.
co-workers
test auditor (Current Employee), Walworth, WIAugust 7, 2013
Pros: the insentives
Cons: not enough hours
enjoy the people I work with. Keeping buzy to make day go faster. Learning new products and meeting new people
They work alot
Auxiliary Technician, Maintenance (Former Employee), Walworth, WIJuly 30, 2013
Pros: daytime nurse
Cons: poor upper management
Our building worked on holidays and even the company picnic. I received no benefits for perfect attendance for over 2 years.
slave work, employee treatment is disgusting
operator (Current Employee), walworth wisconsinMay 15, 2013
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: managemnet, employee treatment.
Not allowed to make plans on off days as they will force you to work . Even when management is proven wrong, The employee will be harassed or fired for speaking out.