Moxie's Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work at
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2016
I honestly would not recommend this place if you are looking for a job. The kitchen is filthy. They are way more concerned with hitting their numbers than keeping the kitchen clean. Training is very poor. Can't keep staff. If you are salary manager you are working 10-12 hour days. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Look for a job somewhere else.
I used to like eating at Moxie's but after working there for a couple of weeks I will never eat at Moxie's again. Filthy, dirty kitchens.
Pros
Cons
Filthy kitchens that smell like dirty rancid oil.
worst place to work at
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 October 2016
two teenage supervisors who have a huge attitude problem do not know how to speak to people chef is a two face force you to work 12-14 hours a day everyday can I find people to work there 3 people quitting in one week would not recommend working at moxies newmarket Ontario yeah he's a good example of management first paycheck you get uniform supposed to be deducted did not happen agreement was made $14 an hour first two weeks was okay second two weeks was $14 50 hrs that was good for me after a 12-hour shift I did not bake cookies I was fired
Pros
do not see any pros
Cons
one of the worst places to work at
Read this before applying
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC4 September 2016
Poor pay, awful hours, rude management who doesn't train properly, servers think they're more important than they are, no references after leaving (so it looks like you had no job for all those months you worked there.)

No safety standard, food safe is not practiced.

Harassment, serious racism, anti-LGBT attitudes & bullying are a big issue.

This is where you'd work if you kind of gave up in life. One guy everyone makes fun of worked there since the opening and has never been given a raise.

Your skill and experience are not only wasted here, it's a liability that can get you fired because being a good cook exposes the bad cooks and makes you a threat to their work life.
Pros
You can quit
Cons
Management, sanitation, incomplete / improper training, toxic environment
Typical restaurant atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC9 March 2016
Very good food, chef and staff very dedicated to quality of food and service.
Enjoyable, fast paced environment, but very little pay. Good training process.
productive and fun enviorment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 March 2016
great people to work with, awesome bosses, great enviorment
always something to keep busy from cooking, prep, cleaning, helping others.
best part is the staff awesome people to work with and for.
Cons
not enough hours
Good place to learn and develop interests in cooking
PREPERATION & LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2016
Moxie's menu is simple and straight forward, they feature the seasons and are consistent with their dishes. The crew is great to work with and they will treat you respect, if you respond in kind. I learn many things from Moxie's and developed my interest in cooking and learned many different techniques that are useful to me to this day. I enjoyed working at Moxie's mainly because of the crew, management and the easy to learn menus.
Pros
Great staff, Good food.
Cons
Demanding work for those who don't love it
Hostess, Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2015
Great Team Working Together
Fast Position Advancement
Management Team Is Great Responds well to professional needs
Fast paced Job
cool place
night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  calgary ab28 February 2015
Cool place to work at. not enough money. Now I am looking for a career to keep me busy, ad well as help me discover a new me or new talents. which i can pursue.
Pros
cool palce
Cons
not enough money
Worst management Ive ever been under
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 December 2013
Horrible. I worked there for over a year and can't remember the last time I was given honest encouragement and felt appreciated. If your guests treat you like garbage, they offer them a gift card and apologize for their bad experience.. And don't even think they will add auto gratuity to your parties 8+. Even though results would be incredible for the server, it isn't benefitting them at all so they won't allow it. If you don't bat your eye lashes at the managers they don't give two damns about you and treat you like you're replaceable. They've had hostesses working there for over two years that deserve to be moved up to server when they are looking to hire but instead they hire servers without any restaurant experience and keep those hostesses right where they are. It never appeared to me at all like they have their staffs best interest in mind. If you work a double shift equalling over 8 hours you are entitled to a half hour lunch break and two fifteen minute breaks.. Do you think they care if you work all the way through without eating? You're sadly mistaken if you do. I would not recommend anyone to work here it is a stressful and absolutely rediculous place to be employed.
Cons
everyone is very nice to work with great environment
Senior Cook (Current Employee) –  ottawa26 April 2012
Moxies is a good place to work good for young staff to make some money and experience a safe kitchen environment.
The food we have is very good and the staff work hard. Management does as much as there allowed to make us as staff happy.
Pros
half off food
Cons
short shifts
Fun working environment with a great staff!
Lounge waitress and bartender (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario4 March 2012
Moxie's classic Grill was a great start for me in the service industry. With such a high traffic environment, I learned to handle multiple tables, bartend and plan patio parties. I have met many wonderful people and have returning guest every day. Our staff works hard as a team and we're always thinking of ways to become better.
Pros
team lunches and 2 for 1 specials
Cons
location and no benefits

2.5