Moxie's Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to learn and develop interests in cooking
PREPERATION & LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Moxie's menu is simple and straight forward, they feature the seasons and are consistent with their dishes. The crew is great to work with and they will treat you respect, if you respond in kind. I learn many things from Moxie's and developed my interest in cooking and learned many different techniques that are useful to me to this day. I enjoyed working at Moxie's mainly because of the crew, management and the easy to learn menus.
Pros
Great staff, Good food.
Cons
Demanding work for those who don't love it
2nd cook/Supervisor
2nd cook supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moxies ArgentiaOctober 27, 2014
when I started my time with Moxies 3 years ago I was a enters level line cook coming from a KM position. I slowly started with Moxies and 2 years later became a supervisor.. With low pay and the give all you got and nothing in return attitude of the company has left me at the 3 year point just wanting out. This company doesn't care about food or anything Boh they went from cooking everything fresh too lets microwave half the menu for speed, They seem to care more about making food in under 8 minutes and making sure the Foh uniforms are nice and sleek and new everyday. The girls in the front are glorified and the guys in the back working 10 11 hour days no break are treated like low level dogs of all levels in management. I've never worked in a kitchen before where the managers in the front no matter the level will talk down to a chef during a high level revenue . This location and company seems to need a refresh. It's unreal to think you can treat your staff terrible and expect the best.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
long hours.. no raises, no free food.. just take take take
productive and fun enviorment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 1, 2016
great people to work with, awesome bosses, great enviorment
always something to keep busy from cooking, prep, cleaning, helping others.
best part is the staff awesome people to work with and for.
Cons
not enough hours
Hostess, Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 18, 2015
Great Team Working Together
Fast Position Advancement
Management Team Is Great Responds well to professional needs
Fast paced Job
everyone is very nice to work with great environment
Senior Cook (Current Employee) –  ottawaApril 26, 2012
Moxies is a good place to work good for young staff to make some money and experience a safe kitchen environment.
The food we have is very good and the staff work hard. Management does as much as there allowed to make us as staff happy.
Pros
half off food
Cons
short shifts
LIARS
Sous (Former Employee) –  YorkdaleFebruary 12, 2014
I went for an interview at yorkdale mall Ontario two weeks ago now and had a really positive interview with the chef he showed me the kitchen introduced me to several people and told me he will pass my details onto the executive chef who will invite me in for a trial within the next 24 hours as I was a very strong candidate what a lying toad I've heard or received nothing not even a call
Pros
nice place
Cons
liars
Fun working environment with a great staff!
Lounge waitress and bartender (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioMarch 4, 2012
Moxie's classic Grill was a great start for me in the service industry. With such a high traffic environment, I learned to handle multiple tables, bartend and plan patio parties. I have met many wonderful people and have returning guest every day. Our staff works hard as a team and we're always thinking of ways to become better.
Pros
team lunches and 2 for 1 specials
Cons
location and no benefits
cool place
night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  calgary abFebruary 28, 2015
Cool place to work at. not enough money. Now I am looking for a career to keep me busy, ad well as help me discover a new me or new talents. which i can pursue.
Pros
cool palce
Cons
not enough money
Fun but not practical
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2014
Moxies was great, fast paced and friendly! The only problem i had was the shoes! They were terrible gave you cuts and blisters and you got no sympathy from management regardless how long you had been working.
Pros
classy
Cons
high heels
Worst management Ive ever been under
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 5, 2013
Horrible. I worked there for over a year and can't remember the last time I was given honest encouragement and felt appreciated. If your guests treat you like garbage, they offer them a gift card and apologize for their bad experience.. And don't even think they will add auto gratuity to your parties 8+. Even though results would be incredible for the server, it isn't benefitting them at all so they won't allow it. If you don't bat your eye lashes at the managers they don't give two damns about you and treat you like you're replaceable. They've had hostesses working there for over two years that deserve to be moved up to server when they are looking to hire but instead they hire servers without any restaurant experience and keep those hostesses right where they are. It never appeared to me at all like they have their staffs best interest in mind. If you work a double shift equalling over 8 hours you are entitled to a half hour lunch break and two fifteen minute breaks.. Do you think they care if you work all the way through without eating? You're sadly mistaken if you do. I would not recommend anyone to work here it is a stressful and absolutely rediculous place to be employed.
Cons
everything

2.9