Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Review

View all Moxie's Grill & Bar reviews

Fun workplace, very fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta15 January 2014
A typical day at work for me would be seating guests, cleaning tables, running food, and when there was a bit of time, socializing with the many friends that I made working there.
The managers were all great, all very fun to be around. Never too overbearing, but they expected all the staff to do their jobs diligently, so as long as the requirements were being met daily, the relationship between the managers and employees was great. The hardest part for me would probably be the long hours, in heels, and having to do it all with a permanent smile on your face. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely how tight knit everyone was. Literally everyone at the workplace was friends, you could count on anyone to help you when you needed it, and then you had people to hangout with afterwards. It was great.
Pros
Free meals occasionally
Cons
Rude customers

Other Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews

Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC15 January 2018
This was a terrible place to work mainly based on the decisions made by management. With a high turnover rate for management, I feel like managers/supervisors came in with the intention to prove themselves worthy by any means necessary. The current GM is the reason I left. With over the top micromanagement, passive aggressive remarks, constant disregard for availability restrictions and over scheduling of servers, this place was terrible. Not only did I not feel safe to breathe or make any slight mistake at this place, I also made no money because there would be six servers on with no customs in the restaurant. I wouldn't work here again
Pros
friendly co-workers, friendly regulars
Cons
horrible management
Awesome
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2017
Moxies is a really great place for anyone to work. Its a fun environment with high standards. You can work as much or as little as you'd like. They like to promote from within.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moxie's Grill & Bar. Our community is ready to answer.